My Newish Car

Chat about cars, motorbikes and all other transport
petey

Re: My Newish Car

Post by petey »

Ah interesting. I believe the flash tuner may actually use the obdii port.

I wasnt suggesting to clear codes for the sake of hiding problems, if the problem is still there they will come back so clearing it after your motor blew up makes sense assuming you have kept the same ecu.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Yeah I never thought to look for codes because the car ran ok and there was no warning lights but after a little there was some warning things coming on
Hello :aussie:
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

I feel bad for posting this because i know 99% of people here will not like it because so far 99% of people anywhere don't but for some reason i do lol
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

I'm still not in to it. And it's not because I don't like Fluro wheels. It's more so I don't like fluro wheels on your car...lol.

It's probably because of the Silver to be honest. Had your car been that Charcoal color, or gun metal grey, I reckon they'd probably look a bit of alright. It's just all too bright. But I'm all for trying a few things like this for a bit of fun, and it's only plastidip so no harm done on the rims, simple to remove. I reckon you should give orange a shot though, or even a fluro blue. Try them all.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

I agree on the orange, i was deciding between the 2 and they didn't have any orange in stock so it made it easier to choose, might do that when i get bored of green :D
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

How many cans did you need to do all 4 wheels?
Was it expensive?
Steve
---
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

2 @ $30 each. So fairly cheap compared to actually painting. That was 3 good coats per wheel

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

That plastidip shit is amazing lol. I had worn rubber on my brake pedal before taking my car to inspection, so I sprayed about 10 coats of black plastidip on and it looks like an actual cover over it now.

Shaun did u take the tyres off to paint or just mask them up? I need to paint my rims but I'm shit scared to attack them with the whitewalls still on.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Just masked them up. Still got a little bit of stuff but plastidip comes off the tyres hell easy. If you arent using plastidip take the tyres off for sure. I'd think it would come off the whitewalls heaps easy though?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Your car so do what you want with it.

Yep, plastidip is fun stuff, don't like it peel it off unlike paint.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Dan
Wobbly2.0

Post by Dan »

Whitewalls :( please tell me it's an older car?
The Todd Norbury appreciation society
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Dan wrote:Whitewalls :( please tell me it's an older car?
well it rolled off the production line with Whitewalls on it. That's good enough I reckon
Dan
Wobbly2.0

Post by Dan »

Haha good, too many flogs getting around vic with whitewalls and door banners on VZ commodores here lately
The Todd Norbury appreciation society
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Thinking about it, have you looked at Water Transfer Printing or Hydrographics.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Huh? Not sure if you're talking to me or them lol
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

You sir, McGreenRim, give you a few other options.

But it could be for them also.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Never heard of what you are talking about, sounds expensive vs $60 of plastidip lol. Cars pissing me off atm so don't care anymore lol
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Just depends if you want some sort of textures or patterns on the wheels or happy with just plain green.

[youtube] [/youtube]

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Shaun

Post by Shaun »

ok updates, i cant remember why i was pissed off at the car lol, but its been going good lately, the green on the rims started to peel at the carwash on a big cruise night so i quickly repainted then the next day i peeled it all off, not as easy as i hoped but a few hours and i had all the wheels done and back on the car, no marks left etc so happy with that. Now last night i was driving to pick something up, got probably 500m from my house and car started coughing and spluttering brake pedal went rock hard so pulled over. Called the RAA and he said broken valve spring, fml this motor was meant to have stronger valve springs. Got the car towed to my folks house because it was free and closer to my mechanics shop than my house and wasnt just down the road lol. Got the car sent to the mechanic after work today, hour later he calls me saying an injector was just stuck open cars fine. So fuck me all is well again lol. BUT i have arranged a swap for something older as a track car plus they are giving me cash. HOPEFULLY do the swap soon, his cars in the shop getting a brand new built trans installed before an E85 tune then i get my hands on it, keen as :D . Also selling my VN so i can buy a 4wd to tow the track car :)
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Seems you have an expensive lady.

How many coats did you do on the rims the first time? I pulled mine off for something to do and was all one sheet.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Shaun

Post by Shaun »

i only did 3 coats so i reckon that was the issue. Turns out the f6 just had an injector stuck open so its all good now, just needa go pick it up lol. Hopefully dont break it again before i swap it, keen for the new/old track rig lol
petey

Post by petey »

Are they standard injectors?

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

nah man 1000cc injectors big mofos to handle the e85 when it was on it
petey

Post by petey »

Ah, do you know the brand? Just out of curiosity :p

1000cc is a fairly common size for e85 on big engines. Should be good for 500bhp.
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

:nod: At least it was a cheaper fix this time..

3 should of been fine for it to sheet off.

The angles to get a good coating can be hard some times on different wheels, mine have no sharp edging -so easy.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ