General motorcycle discussion

Chat about cars, motorbikes and all other transport
pogo

General motorcycle discussion

Post by pogo »

Dump any general motorcycle stuff here :)

--------------------------------------------------

How sexy is this lil sucker:

A 125 4-stroke, LAMS approved. A little gutless, but the looks almost makes me wish I was still on my Ls :cyclops: Coming soon to aussie dealers :)
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Re: General motorcycle discussion

Post by NeilPearson »

wow thats nice
J_luo88

Post by J_luo88 »

too expensive though right?

I've been reading stuff about this recently as well. Apparently... 13 litre tank... 100 fronts and 130 rears, which is pretty fat for a 125. Full size bike, but comes with a full size price too. RRP 7000ish? Too expensive imho, rather a ninja.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

It's not a bad look. But these things often look great in profile, it's when you look at them from behind you can mistake them for postie bikes.

There's a market for it, but I would think a 250 would be the way to go in LAMS world.

Still, no denying it looks good for a 125.
pogo

Post by pogo »

Righteous wrote:It's not a bad look. But these things often look great in profile, it's when you look at them from behind you can mistake them for postie bikes.

There's a market for it, but I would think a 250 would be the way to go in LAMS world.

Still, no denying it looks good for a 125.
I agree. Unless it's a 2-stroke (which, even then, is too finicky for most learner-riders in my opinion), 250cc is the way to go. I think the 125ccs are popular in the UK (who seem to have engine-size based limitations, rather than output limitations) but they don't usually make it over here.

Would like to see one in the flesh though.
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

I've been thinking about getting a bike lately but that racer style strangely does nothing for me. For some odd reason I'd much rather a H-D Iron 883.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

In all honesty, I feel like I need 3 motorcycles to satisfy my cravings. I'd love a tourer and I'd lve a cruiser to go along side the fireblade. I would like something that's a little more comfy for the lady. She gets on the back but can only tolerate it for a short while before she gets a sore arse. I need to find some good touring seats for my bike.
Cetram

Post by Cetram »

This new 125cc battle between Honda, Yamaha and Suzuki is weird.... Surely there isn't that much demand for 125s here is there?

I picked up my new bike a few weeks ago. I decided to go with an '09 r1. I nearly went for the Daytona which I think it's a little nicer to look at but the R1 felt a little more comfortable for me. I know alot of people don't like the bug-eyed look of the new R1 but I love it.... it's different, especially in the white/silver with red frame & swingarm. I've ditched the ugly stock exhausts and picked up a set of Akrapovics. With the baffles out the sound is insane, i can't believe it's the same bike.
I'm loving the headlights on this thing too, I reckon they're probably the best lights of any vehicle i've ever driven/ridden.

onto the pics...

Dan
Wobbly2.0

Post by Dan »

Cetram wrote:This new 125cc battle between Honda, Yamaha and Suzuki is weird.... Surely there isn't that much demand for 125s here is there?
Im pretty sure its aimed at the UK market. I may be wrong but I'm sure I heard that on L's over there you can only ride up to 125cc
The Todd Norbury appreciation society
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

That's a nice toy Cetram. I was off the buy eye look when they first came out, but then I heard one go past one day and I soon forgot about how it looked :D

I wouldn't mind taking one for a spin just to see the difference between an 07 litre bike and the current crop. I took the 09 blade for a spin and I couldn't believe how much lighter it felt.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Have been thinking about getting my L's...

what do people suggest as a first bike? i was thinking about a CBR 250.
pogo

Post by pogo »

VTR250s get a good wrap. I'd be wary of CBR250RR/Rs myself , all grey imports over here iirc. Plus, most of 'em have been thrashed and trashed, and they're way overpriced for a bike of that vintage... though that might have changed since the new crop of 250s have come out here.

I'm dreaming about my next bike. Short-list: Gixxer 750, Street/Speed Triple, VFR800, VTR1000F, SuperDuke, Hypermotard.............. well, the short-list goes on a bit :D

Grats on the new machine Cet, lookin' good :)
J_luo88

Post by J_luo88 »

nice bike cet! What's happened to your cbr250?
Cetram

Post by Cetram »

I loved my CBR 250 but I wouldn't suggest one as a first bike, mostly for the reasons already posted but also parts are a pain in the ass to get for it . They're awesome to ride and the sound it makes at >14k rpm is great but in the long run you'd be much better off with something else. If you're hell bent on the sportsbike look then i'd look at the Kawazakis, otherwise i'd follow goops suggestion with the VTR.
J_luo88 wrote:nice bike cet! What's happened to your cbr250?
It's sitting in the garage in bits, right behind that ZZR in my second pic.
Righteous wrote: I wouldn't mind taking one for a spin just to see the difference between an 07 litre bike and the current crop. I took the 09 blade for a spin and I couldn't believe how much lighter it felt.
Thats what really impressed me about the R1, it's a good 50kilos heavier that my 250 but it's so nicely balanced that I only really notice the extra weight when i'm lifting it off the stand. It feels really neutral on direction changes, I don't need to work too hard to turn it. The throttle can feel a little unpredictable at times though, especially when it's set on the A map... You pretty much just hang on and hope it behaves :D
pogo

Post by pogo »

macca
Founder
Founder

Post by macca »

Very tasty indeed, used to ride a friends Commando in the 70's, was chalk & cheese compared to my Suzuki 380GT triple 2 stroke :D
I don't know where I'm going but I'm on my way!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zedmacca/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Nice bike Cet, stoked for you bro. Nice cans too.
Soon as I rode the cross plane R1 I was in love. And bummed I went for the R6 a year earlier. I had heard rumours that the new R1 was going to be something special but when I bought my R6 it was an upgrade from my 02 and I couldnt wait.

I am with you Righty but I need more than 3. 1 dirt (450 Ktm or Yamaha), crossplane r1, a superduke and a track bike (r6 of course).

For now tho its a pipedream whilst I raise my girl. Sold my last bike 2 weeks ago and all my dirters are gone now too.

Macca you still got the zx14?
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
macca
Founder
Founder

Post by macca »

c.j wrote:Macca you still got the zx14?
lol, I wish I had one, but I've got an '03 ZZR1200, still. The ZX14 would be good but I could be persuaded to a white with blue Hayabusa :p however they are more 1 up bikes for me, whereas the ZZR is really great at 2 up touring, especially long distance. As time goes on I will probably move on to something like the Kwaka GTR1400 for more comfy touring.

mind you, black with red is also tempting, I just love big bore bikes :D

Cets, that R1 is very noice, although those front lights are a bit Alien looking :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zedmacca/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

wabbit wrote:I've been thinking about getting a bike lately but that racer style strangely does nothing for me. For some odd reason I'd much rather a H-D Iron 883.

i'm not hugely into bikes, and i have never like Harleys, but as soon as i saw the ad on tv for them i instantly wanted one. It looks like it came straight out of a foundry in the 50's.

wabbit

Post by wabbit »

I know what you mean w00dsy, that tv ad does it for me everytime.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

yea the 09/10 models are sweet.

Same for the new trumpy rocket. i know its been around for a while now but this year they gave it more torque... fark!

;)
macca
Founder
Founder

Post by macca »

w00dsy wrote:
wabbit wrote:I've been thinking about getting a bike lately but that racer style strangely does nothing for me. For some odd reason I'd much rather a H-D Iron 883.

i'm not hugely into bikes, and i have never like Harleys, but as soon as i saw the ad on tv for them i instantly wanted one. It looks like it came straight out of a foundry in the 50's.
lol, for all the Bad Boy wannabes, practice your scowl to go with your brain bucket :D but I can see where your coming from, Harleys really do have the marketing well sorted.

w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

it's just that my guts is too big to be comfy on a sports bike :D
macca
Founder
Founder

Post by macca »

w00dsy wrote:it's just that my guts is too big to be comfy on a sports bike :D
lol, I know exactly what you mean, that's why I don't even look at the litre sports bikes, just don't fit :D

c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

;)