General motorcycle discussion

Chat about cars, motorbikes and all other transport
mrleisure

Re: General motorcycle discussion

Post by mrleisure »

I don't think the FE should be a problem as long as all the lights /blinkers and rego plate are in the correct position . You should be able to take the end off the muffler so that you can repack it either by undoing some screws or drilling out some rivets depending on how it is held on . I wouldn't use steel wool to repack it , fibreglass insulation is the go for repacking mufflers .
"There is a grey blur and green blur . I try to stay on the grey one...." Joey Dunlop IoM TT Legend

"You work for the line.. you own the line .. you defend that hard fought line." Steer
mrleisure

Post by mrleisure »

My 05 Hayabusa in the backyard :) :nod:

"There is a grey blur and green blur . I try to stay on the grey one...." Joey Dunlop IoM TT Legend

"You work for the line.. you own the line .. you defend that hard fought line." Steer
pogo

Post by pogo »

noice :yes: Done many miles on it?
mrleisure

Post by mrleisure »

I just checked , 12147klm . I only take it out for mid week fangs , usually to Singleton on the Putty Rd and back or on the Bells Line to Mount Wilson and across the Darling Causeway to Katoomba and back . I live in Seven Hills in Sydney so I don't really have to deal with much traffic or many traffic lights if I head out west or north west midweek . I rarely ride towards the city , I just can't handle all the cars , too stressful and I really havn't been riding it much at all in the last twelve months , been cycling instead :) .

c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Oh, cool.

I want to ride one of them around Europe!

Depending on what happens over the next 4 months whilst I wait for my course to start I want to get a Husky. SM510 or TE310. My brother in law recently bought a road trail, klx250 and he doesnt have much experience so I may as well buy another bike and go make sure he learns the right way.... right? :P
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
pogo

Post by pogo »

haha, whatever way you wanna justify it! :p Love the motards.

and mrleisure, yeah, it's a lot of bike for city riding!

I'm in the middle of a break-up & house-sale and looking at cleaning the slate and taking the SV up to the cape and back through the hinterland, from Bundaberg. Might not come back :) but if I do, it'll be a 5000 kay round trip... on a naked :melt:

Still early days though, and, realistically, probably at least three months away yet. I haven't entirely ruled out trading in the Suzuki for a Sprint ST, either! Have been trawling NR for info on touring, and talking to bike buddies, but has anyone here got any advice or experience with longer-distance touring?
Robbo

Post by Robbo »

If you're not a member of ASB, join here .. http://www.aussiestreetbikes.com/forum/index.php. Plenty of good bike info.
pogo

Post by pogo »

Ta Robbo, signed up :)

Grats on ya bike too :D How's it going so far?
Robbo

Post by Robbo »

Cheers Pogo.

I'll be honest mate ... Riding in traffic is fkn scary. Add to that that it is a brand new bike and I just got my 'L's. Apart from that ... I'm luvvin' it. Can't wait to do more kms.

by the way, that Hayabusa is a gorgeous bike!!!
J_luo88

Post by J_luo88 »

mrleisure wrote:I don't think the FE should be a problem as long as all the lights /blinkers and rego plate are in the correct position . You should be able to take the end off the muffler so that you can repack it either by undoing some screws or drilling out some rivets depending on how it is held on . I wouldn't use steel wool to repack it , fibreglass insulation is the go for repacking mufflers .
In the end, i put everything back on it except for the pipe. Took it to a car/motorbike mechanic who was licenced to do motorbike RWC's. Was sure to keep it in a high gear when i rolled up and held the clutch at the catch point to get the revs to drop so it was a bit quieter. Asked him if it would pass RWC with an aftermarket pipe and he basically said the only issue is sound, to which he added that it didn't sound too loud. So in the end, he passed it. Did really do much either, just looked around with a light and gave the front and rear wheels a bit of a shake and that's it. Didn't check lights or anything nor did he start it. =]
mrleisure

Post by mrleisure »

It's always good to be scared of the traffic Robbo , no matter how long you've been riding .

You'd have to be happy with that outcome J_luo88 :) , those type of inspections are the best :yes:

c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

I picked up the latest AMCN, or bible as I refer to it to Lyndell, it has the new ZX-10R in it.

I can't stop looking at it. Its finally right. The 2010 model was ugly as sin.

I have been saving my pennies for the 2011 Husky 510SM and a 6 speed box for my WRX. Now I am not so sure.

Go here to see it...

http://www.kawasaki-challenge.com/#/2011model" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You guys know my tastes... the 08 R6 to me was pure sex. Looked fucking evil. This is similar and has as much go as show. They are talking already about it being more powerful than the Beemer. Thats over 170 ponies at the wheel. Invest around $10-15k in it and it would easily be past to 200rwhp but still very ridable [sic?].

I have been discussing the options with Lyndell, she is scared already. She knows when I see a bike I like I have to have it. I will going to throw a leg over one as soon as possible, ultimately road testing and what options are available will decide what I do... but god damn! Its hot... much nicer to look at in my opinion than the Beemer, more power than the cross plane R1 and heaps of electronics to help tame it.

I am EXCITED!

;)
pogo

Post by pogo »

/agrees

Looks sweet, power is nuts, electronics look to be a real step up too. It's 155kW, or 209hp, according to the article... not sure what it has at the wheel though.

2010 model ZX10Rs are going cheap now too... but really, this bike looks the shit. Looking forward to some reviews.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Pity you are up north Pogo, we could make a day of it when it comes out man.

Maybe they'll lend me one and I can ride up and see ya? hahaaa...

I downloaded the .pdf which outlines a lot of the detail of the new model here. http://zx-10r.net/store/2011/Ninja+ZX-10R.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

;)
mrleisure

Post by mrleisure »

I like the styling :yes: , I don't like the look of the standard muffler though but I could learn to live with it :)

c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

That would go straight away mate... Akra full system.

In other news.

KTM are releasing a turn key racer. The RC8R Track. Looks the goods, except the colour, which is white.

But I love the concept. I wish there was more of it.

Specifications KTM 1190 RC8R Track

· Performance 180 PS
· Akrapovic EVO exhaust
· Enclosed is a thinner head gasket to increase compression
· Race mapping
· Race air filter
· WP Suspension Racing suspension
· Automatic quickshifter
· Racing wiring harness
· Complete race cladding
· KTM Power Parts foot pegs
· KTM Power Parts Fold down hand lever
· Racing seat
· Racing brake pads
· Racing chain with alu rear sprocket
· KTM PowerParts racing tank lid
· KTM PowerParts rear stand
· KTM PowerParts crash pads and protective cover
· Slick tires 17`
· White lacquer with orange number field

Read more: http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-new ... z13Ll8uX7n" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/668/8121/ ... -Look.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.fasterandfaster.net/2010/10/ ... -race.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

;)
pogo

Post by pogo »

c.j wrote:Pity you are up north Pogo, we could make a day of it when it comes out man.

Maybe they'll lend me one and I can ride up and see ya? hahaaa...

I downloaded the .pdf which outlines a lot of the detail of the new model here. http://zx-10r.net/store/2011/Ninja+ZX-10R.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
haha... the kwaka dealership here is pretty cool actually, no excess or wavers, no limit on kays... or how many you do in an hour... a "Here's the keys, seeya later!" sorta deal :) Totally different to the local Honda mob: they have a 20 kay limit, heaps of insurance malarkey & forms, $2000 excess, first-born sons etc... bah :p

Actually looking at a Triumph Sprint ST/GT (or a GSX-R750, or an 05+ VTR1000F) for my next bike, looking at racking up some serious touring kays... not that that would stop me test-riding every thing I can get my grubby little mitts on :D
pab

Post by pab »

c.j wrote:Looks the goods, except the colour, which is white.
cj, you buy the bike and I'll help you design and apply a vinyl scheme on it.

Problem solved!
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Will keep that in mind brother,

It'll be green/black/blue FMR theme for sure.

;)
Robbo

Post by Robbo »

Go the Ninja ... Wicked!!
pogo

Post by pogo »

motie walls here, this is my new one:

wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Bring the topic back to life from the :dead:

Of the 3 months we have had the bike we have the Odo reading 4600kms.. so I am looking to get my own.

Tried a few different bike styles and am looking at a Ninja more to the point a ZXR 250 1994

$2500 Has about 30k on the clock and still runs like new, maintained well, think it is a '94- Aus compliance in '08 plate, I like the older styling it has over the newer type.
Known engine- quite a lot get 100k+ life, parts are every where except the front forks twin disk stuff as it is a Rarer model. Stops on a dime.

Or

$3500 There is a '11 EX-250-J which has about 500km's on the clock and was stand dropped and it scared them to not ride it any more. That I am looking into.

Thoughts?
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
pogo

Post by pogo »

Troy Bayliss to race this weekend at the season opener at Phillip Island :yes:

http://m.foxsports.com.au/motor-sport/f ... 7224591944
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Yep, ripping around all week.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Brett_S

Post by Brett_S »

Time to sell up!

Flexible on price if anyone from here is interested.

2004/5 FZ6 Fazer - 600cc

Ad here - http://www.bikesales.com.au/private/SSE ... amaha-FZ6S
This is the way the world works, if you want want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the d**ks first - Eric Cartman