Motorcycle vids

Chat about cars, motorbikes and all other transport
pogo

Motorcycle vids

Post by pogo »

So many good vids out there, thought I'd start a thread specifically for motos. Not necessarily racing, either :)

To kick it off...
[youtube] [/youtube]
(from asb)
mrleisure

Re: Motorcycle vids

Post by mrleisure »

Great controll and balance there on the VFR :yes:
a mate sent me this one a while a go
[youtube] [/youtube]
"There is a grey blur and green blur . I try to stay on the grey one...." Joey Dunlop IoM TT Legend

"You work for the line.. you own the line .. you defend that hard fought line." Steer
mrleisure

Post by mrleisure »

[youtube] [/youtube]
"There is a grey blur and green blur . I try to stay on the grey one...." Joey Dunlop IoM TT Legend

"You work for the line.. you own the line .. you defend that hard fought line." Steer
pogo

Post by pogo »

nice... have seen the supermoto vid before, great stuff.

Just a quick couple of favs, the first one of a bloke who was supposedly an ex-gp racer. His bike control - backing it in and gassing it between gaps - blows me away. Entertaining, but I don't know how sustainable riding like that in traffic is :yikes:

[youtube] [/youtube]
And the second vid... I dunno. It reminds me a lot of when I came off a couple of years ago. The sounds, the suddeness, the impact... I don't really know why I like it; maybe it serves as a reminder to be more careful (and not to just pounce on the rear brake), or it may be simply morbid fascination... (no blood or guts, riders both walk away)

[youtube] [/youtube]
mrleisure

Post by mrleisure »

My nerves are shot after watching that first one :eyepop: , I think I need to have a lie down now .

pogo

Post by pogo »

Just spent half-an-hour watching vids of those enclosed bikes. While I'm not convinced, I'd still take one for a test-ride :D

[youtube] [/youtube]
mrleisure

Post by mrleisure »

The enclosed bikes don't really do anything for me :no: .

I don't think this guy has long to live .

[youtube] [/youtube]

mrleisure

Post by mrleisure »

Love the sound of this bike , must be a blast to accelerate up the hill like that .

[youtube] [/youtube]

pogo

Post by pogo »

nice one... so many different disciplines, I wonder how interchangeable the skills are? Could a GP star be competitive on trials or hill-climbs etc?

As for nice-sounding bikes, this gets my vote. Looks the shit too, a real bad mofo :drool:
[youtube] [/youtube]
mrleisure

Post by mrleisure »

Sweet Norton :yes: .

I think quite a few of the GP riders are good at dirt track/supermoto racing , it sort of relates to sliding a GP bike around .

I'd be fairly sure they wouldn't risk having a go on something like this though .

[youtube] [/youtube]

mrleisure

Post by mrleisure »

The legendary Britten V1OOO , the work of a genius .

[youtube] [/youtube]

pogo

Post by pogo »

nice one... the guy was amazing. Have you seen "One Man's Dream - The Britten Bike Story"? If you want to hunt it down, may I suggest TPB :)

oh... and not that I wanna boast, but... :D

It's tucked away in a room in Christchurch, and they let any ol' snapperhead jump on it... :rolleyes: kinda sad really.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

yer that was a bike beater..

[youtube] [/youtube]
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

wow, what a story, grabbing the doco for sure!!
pogo

Post by pogo »

so silly :D he starts it at about 2:15.

[youtube] [/youtube]
mrleisure

Post by mrleisure »

That's crazy :yikes: , looks like he has done a very nice job with it though . Nice work pogo , getting to sit on a Britten :yes: I would like just to see one up close .

mrleisure

Post by mrleisure »

[youtube] [/youtube]

pogo

Post by pogo »

great stuff :yes: ate 'em up down Conrod. Shame they don't race there any more. There's a bloke at work who was there for the riots, man of many stories :D

As for the the Britten - yeah! Incredible to sit on it and see it up close. Check it out if you're ever in Christchurch :)
mrleisure

Post by mrleisure »

Gerd Riss :yes: Two speed boxes and twenty three inch rear wheels FTW!

[youtube] [/youtube]

mrleisure

Post by mrleisure »

Yep that says 22,000rpm on the tacho :eyepop:

[youtube] [/youtube]

and the six cylinder 250cc sounds sweet also :yes:

[youtube] [/youtube]

c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

I love this thread... :)
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
pogo

Post by pogo »

loving the sound of that 6-cylinder... in the flesh, man that would be something else! Nice finds :)
mrleisure

Post by mrleisure »

[youtube] [/youtube]

pity about the music :( some good footage though .
[youtube] [/youtube]

pogo

Post by pogo »

Really, all that's missing is the Benny Hill theme tune...

[youtube] [/youtube]
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Parker Bros Choppers, Makers of the Bat Pod now have finished the Road Tron Bike.
[youtube] [/youtube]
Last edited by wobblysauce on Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.