Tesla Motors

Chat about cars, motorbikes and all other transport
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Tesla Motors

Post by wobblysauce »

http://www.teslamotors.com/about/press/ ... ver-tested" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SETS NEW NHTSA VEHICLE SAFETY SCORE RECORD

Of note, during validation of Model S roof crush protection at an independent commercial facility, the testing machine failed at just above 4 g's. While the exact number is uncertain due to Model S breaking the testing machine, what this means is that at least four additional fully loaded Model S vehicles could be placed on top of an owner's car without the roof caving in. This is achieved primarily through a center (B) pillar reinforcement attached via aerospace grade bolts.
Last edited by wobblysauce on Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Re: TESLA MODEL S ACHIEVES BEST SAFETY RATING OF ANY CAR EVE

Post by Exar Kun »

There were heaps of these in Canada. Great looking cars. They prove that just because it's an electric car it doesn't have to look like a jelly bean or something stupid. For city driving I think they'd be outstanding (although they're not small).
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Exar, have you looked at the SLS Electric Drive...

[youtube] [/youtube]
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Yep, but I'd still rather take the one with the 6.2 V8. The Tesla doesn't give a choice.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Awesome.
But how do I charge the fucker when traveling to the sunshine coast with the family? :)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

With a fully planed stop list. Which would be more likely over night stops as most would not have a quick charge station.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

ysu wrote:Awesome.
But how do I charge the fucker when traveling to the sunshine coast with the family? :)
Indeed - which is why I reckon it'd be great as a city car. There were quite a few recharging spots in Vancouver and Seattle that I came across. That was in and around the CBD though - I'd imagine the spots would reduce the further you moved out.
plastik8

Post by plastik8 »

Tesla are working on a battery swap system, apparently it's quicker than filling up a tank.

http://www.teslamotors.com/batteryswap" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197971333750]Image[/url]
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Humm re-watching the Crash video, I wonder what was happening on the rear seats.

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/108 ... from-nhtsa" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tesla Model S Gets Five Stars For Crash Safety From NHTSA

[youtube] [/youtube]
[youtube] [/youtube]
[youtube] [/youtube]

[youtube] [/youtube]
Having a head on, doors still open and close.

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/108 ... fetys-sake" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Don't Cry: Tesla Model S Torn Apart For Safety's Sake

[youtube] [/youtube]

Hehe, talking about the 0 Guage cable.. not being an audio cable, it is Standard for SPL cars.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

plastik8 wrote:
Tesla are working on a battery swap system, apparently it's quicker than filling up a tank.

http://www.teslamotors.com/batteryswap" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I know and it's great, I applaud and everything, but my point was (trying to be) is that until you can access these points conveniently like the gas stations, it's a tough sell for me. (assuming I've the money to buy of course :) )
plastik8

Post by plastik8 »

ysu wrote:
plastik8 wrote:

I know and it's great, I applaud and everything, but my point was (trying to be) is that until you can access these points conveniently like the gas stations, it's a tough sell for me. (assuming I've the money to buy of course :) )
Chicken and the egg. Whatever happens, I hope that the motor companies make standardised service centres (super chargers / battery swaps), otherwise it won't work, especially in Australia.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197971333750]Image[/url]
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Well some do not like it, bans have been put in place..

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/nightline-f ... 42349.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Why Texas Bans the Sale of Tesla Cars

Video has been pulled off the site, still yet to find it on tube or other spots.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

I dongeddit. Wut? Ban on Teslas??? Based on what the feck?
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

I seem to remember the original McLaren F1 was pretty tough. Something like that was the only car they've ever been able to drive away from the (then) 30mph impact.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Ysu, it is just Oil lobbyist and selling directly to the customer.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense ... h_car.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
North Carolina May Ban Tesla Sales To Prevent “Unfair Competition”

http://www.dailytech.com/New+York+Bills ... e31819.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
New York Bills Try to Ban Tesla Stores, Protect Auto Dealerships

Just like the Cable companies not wanting change..

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

ah, ok.
Well, they have the oil companies ... we got the miners :)
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Another way to think of it, Retail vs Online shopping.

http://www.cncda.org/secure/GetFile.aspx?ID=2583" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/08/ ... big-names/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tesla California sales beat Chrysler, Volvo, Cadillac, other big names

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petiti ... s/bFN7NHQR" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WE PETITION THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION TO: allow Tesla Motors to sell directly to consumers in all 50 states.

http://gigaom.com/2013/08/26/a-decade-l ... -industry/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A decade later, Tesla now officially a threat to the auto industry

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

[youtube] [/youtube]
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Following up from that video I looked at this one.

[youtube] [/youtube]
SIMKINETICS wrote:1:10. The power curve is fairly straight from 0-5100 rpm, indicating torque as a derivative of power being fairly constant at ~440.8 ft-lbs throughout the rpm range. T=((428.2 hp)*5250)/5100 rpm. Constant wheel torque near the limit of adhesion optimizes acceleration. Great engineering!

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

avro707c wrote:How safe is the Tesla when it catches fire? :p
Extremely safe. Safer than petrol powered cars. :lol:
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

What happens when a Tesla Model S gets rear-ended (from Tesla Twitter)

4x the weight just like this.
[youtube] [/youtube]

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

wobblysauce wrote:What happens when a Tesla Model S gets rear-ended (from Tesla Twitter)

Erm, that's not a great safety advert - a car that doesn't absorb the impact is not safe.

If the car doesn't crumple then the energy is transmitted to the weakest part of the car: the humans inside.
petey

Post by petey »

Unless the other car took the extra force. Haha

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Looks like a modern day kingswood.

Bit of a paint spray and buff and its all good.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

petey wrote:Unless the other car took the extra force. Haha
Maybe the other car was a Cherry or Great Wall, because it would explain a few things. ;)