New life. New car

Chat about cars, motorbikes and all other transport
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!

New life. New car

Post by Gizmo »

Well, last weekend I flew down to Sydney to pickup my new car. Sight unseen. I got a 2011 Renault Clio RS for $19,000. I've never sat in one before, let alone driven one however the awesome reviews were enough to make me want one, and it fitted within my budget.

I miss the power of the Golf but fook me this little thing is awesome to drive! It just sticks to the road and the engine just begs to be spanked! I was soooo surprised! The race bucket seats are awesome too! They hold you nicely in the car. I went up my favourite bit of mountain road last weekend and and was just totally blown away by the turn in, the feedback, and the enjoyment of the car. I loved how when you started to push on alittle harder the rear wheel would cock up and the backend would start to come round.

I'm very happy and will be holding onto this for awhile I think. No mods planned.

I'll post some better pictures after I detail it on the weekend :)

VTRacing
Team Pedant (c)

Re: New life. New car

Post by VTRacing »

I usually hate it when the rear wheel cocks up.

:) Nice purchase.
:teach:
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Enjoy dude! About as good as it gets for driving a practical car in the twisty bits. We have every generation of RS Clio on the forum now. :) Make sure you join OzRS and keep an eye out for social events / track days.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

Already joined. The QLD scene is lacking a little i've noticed. I might take the lead and organise a couple of drives.
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Woop, go the Frenchies :) Congrats Giz.
Bauer

New life. New car

Post by Bauer »

You are one lucky bugger! Awesome little car :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

Lucky is a relative word! :(
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

Time for an update. I'm loving this little car. Last weekend I joined the QLD Toyota GT86 and Subaru BRZ club and headed out for Happy Laps at Lakeside Raceway. Happy laps are not designed to set new land speed records, but just have a little bit of fun on a track. If you go to quick they pull you in. Anything over 170ish down the main straight and they red card you! This was my first track day and I had an absolute blast!

The car was great on the track, really composed and it didn't put a foot wrong. There were some pretty average drivers and it was hard to get a couple of clean laps in a row together but as you'll see the little Clio had no problem on the track, even with shit tyres! :yes: The 86/BRZ just had the legs down the straight but the Clio really made up time under brakes and though the corners.

I borrowed a friends go pro to record it, part 1 is uploaded. Parts 2 and 3 will be up tonight.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Gizmo on Thu May 21, 2015 9:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

I don't think you need the tags anymore Giz. I think the forum software recognises it's a youtube link?
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Looks like a fun car to drive! Love the sound of it too, determined sounding little bastard. Excellent Giz. Who was the lucky lady?
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

Thanks Dexter.....I didn't know it did that :)

It's the new girlfriend :) She is a lucky lady! :P But i'm also the lucky man!
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Awesome Giz! The track is where these cars like to be - especially the 200 with its nice big Brembos. You'll need to get out and have a serious crack at it without the restrictions. A bit weird with having to back off all the time. Not enough tyre squeal either. :D
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

You move fast haha.
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

DexterPunk wrote:You move fast haha.
Yeah, I wasn't looking for anything but there is something really, REALLY special about this one and I couldn't just let it her go by. :)
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Are you talking about the car or the girl? :P

Looks like a fun ride. I love buzzboxes.
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

Exar Kun wrote:Awesome Giz! The track is where these cars like to be - especially the 200 with its nice big Brembos. You'll need to get out and have a serious crack at it without the restrictions. A bit weird with having to back off all the time. Not enough tyre squeal either. :D
Yeah, I want to do a day where I can set a time. I didn't push the car too hard with the traffic, restrictions and the passenger.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

And here we were... enjoying the tunes and then another one starts up.. In the NAVY.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.