Wakefield Park track day - July 16th - all invited

Chat about cars, motorbikes and all other transport
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Wakefield Park track day - July 16th - all invited

Post by Exar Kun »

Hey all - OzRenaultSport is having a track day on Thursday July 16th. These days are organised by a Renault mechanic who pays for the day and at the moment there aren't enough people coming to make it viable so it is now open to anyone to come along.

Cost is $120 for the day plus $50 for a Wakefield or AASA license if you don't already have one (or if you have a CAMS license then that's fine too). It's an absolute bargain for a track day - especially one where the track isn't going to be packed and the other people there can be pretty much relied upon to be safe and courteous. Passengers are welcome too for $30 for the day.

Safety requirements are simply long sleeves / pants in natural fibres and an approved helmet (motorcycle helmet to Australian Standards is fine). No need to have electrical cutoffs, fire extinguishers etc. Ambulance hire for the day is part of the fee.

There's four groups who are split up according to rough speed / experience and can be sorted on the day - it's all pretty flexible. There's no pressure to go crazy fast - lots of people just get out there to have some fun and not worry at all about times. It's a great way to throw your car around a bit without the concern of breaking any road rules. For those that want to go faster, the club has a couple of professional drivers on hand who are happy to jump into the passenger seat and give some tips (for free!).

The guy that runs it shuts down his workshop for the day and brings down all of his mechanics and tools to help out with issues on the spot.

All in all you won't find a more easy going or cheap track day experience (says me of my huge 3 event experience :D) so if you want to come along and drive fast and talk about cars and motorsport for a day then let me know and I'll put you in touch with the organisers.

PS - I'm happy to take people on passenger rides if they just want to come along to hang out. :)
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
bengatta
Ladies Motorkhana Champion

Re: Wakefield Park track day - July 16th - all invited

Post by bengatta »

R31 skylines banned I guess... :)
They say, any day you wake up not dead is the start of a better day than it could be...

You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice...

You're never too old to learn something stupid....
Crowella

Post by Crowella »

Time to thrash Octi around a bit. :rofl:

Temptation...
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

R31 Skylines more than welcome actually. There was a stock Mazda 2 out there last time. Anyone and anything welcome. :)
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

How dare you compare the mighty ladies motorkhana championship winning R31 to a Mazda 2 :D
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

Wakefield is such a great track for a novice.
Nothing to hit and plenty of run off areas.

It's much better now after they resurfaced it too.

I used to go years ago in my WRX's.
Even hitting the sand trap at the end of the straight @ close to 150kph after brake failure, no damage.

Can't recommend it enough and by the sound of things, it will be much better run than when I used to go!
Having a mechanic on hand is amazing.
Steve
---
pab

Post by pab »

SE1Z wrote:Wakefield is such a great track for a novice.
Nothing to hit and plenty of run off areas.
I concur, really enjoy that track!

I'd love to be involved, but I'm not sure it's a circuit all that well suited to the Kombi's handling characteristics.
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Spent the morning trying to get my old man to let me take his Polstar Volvo S60 out.. not getting much love :(
Doso

Post by Doso »

I've got a sandown trackday on the 21st June and Philip Island on the 25 July so I'm all track dayed out for the next couple of months

Otherwise I would have come :)

Honestly the Ozrenaultsports guys are pretty cool bunch if anybody is considering
bengatta

Post by bengatta »

w00dsy wrote:How dare you compare the mighty ladies motorkhana championship winning R31 to a Mazda 2 :D
The ladies motorkhana one got destroyed in a rollover... This is a new one. Which has hit two trees in rallysprints... Fortunately we know a good panelbeater... :)

I though I had sent you photos of the new one??

But I agree with your point. :D
They say, any day you wake up not dead is the start of a better day than it could be...

You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice...

bengatta

Post by bengatta »

Exar Kun wrote:R31 Skylines more than welcome actually. There was a stock Mazda 2 out there last time. Anyone and anything welcome. :)
If I get a track day car one day I will come along... Currently run out of places to store more cars...

Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

A guy is going to hit the track in his Renault Scenic this time out. Should be... slow.
Akyra

Post by Akyra »

I just joined this forum to check out Assetto Corsa and found this instead lol...

That sounds good Exar Kun...was wondering if this is still going ahead...

Is this Natsoft timed?

A few of my friends might be interested in this...
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Yes, still going ahead. No natsoft timing. It's a private track hiring. PM me your details and I'll pass them along to the organiser. What sort of cars do you have?
Akyra

Post by Akyra »

Thanks Exar kun...pm'd you
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Exar Kun wrote:A guy is going to hit the track in his Renault Scenic this time out. Should be... slow.

Haha! Why not I guess.
Akyra

Post by Akyra »

Hey sorry Exar kun...PM didn't go through must've closed the window before sending lol.

I've pm'd again so hopefully it works this time. If not, can you pm me the organiser's details and I'll get in touch with them?

Thank you!