R1M

Chat about cars, motorbikes and all other transport
c.j
Midget Wanker

R1M

Post by c.j »

For those interested in bikes and Yamaha's, this came home, finally, today.
20151027_124605.jpg
And I can't ride it because of the big feck off storm moving up from NSW. Being completed stripped back to frame and engine as soon as my hoist turns up. :yes:

Warranty has already been void(ed?), lol.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Re: R1M

Post by Vilante »

Surely they don't give you a warranty with anything you buy :)
thornz

Post by thornz »

Fuck Yes!

Sex on wheels!
Pinger$

Post by Pinger$ »

Nice one! Looking forward to the after pics.
Luigi only likes Ferraris.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

12 weeks until it will be ready.

One package from the UK already sent.

An entirely bigger package from the US is sitting an waiting. They are still figuring out how to ship it with Insurance. That is all the track gear and the list is long and expensive. Almost half the price of the bike again in spares and track gear.

As for the motor, I have around 6 - 9 months of learning the bike and improving my riding and then I will tap in to the motor.

As it stand, 201kgs and 170ps. After I fit what I have ordered it will be around 18kgs lighter and that will be quite a difference. Dymag are sending me some wheels with a Hybrid Ceramic bearing option that they have recently been testing in BSB.

The mechanic who put this bike together out of the crate and took me through the systems today works for Yamaha Racing as well as being in charge of the workshop at my local dealer. He has been quite handy in laying out a plan to create the right amount of power out of this bike. Unfortunately it means this baby will be locked away for a while whilst I wait for the parts to arrive. It isn't much but if I run it in as it sits, I will be around 4-6ps below potential. So I have to wait for the inlet and exhaust mods to arrive.

Home has recently been upgraded to more suitable security posture. With the possibility of death to anyone stupid enough to want to "borrow" the new arrival.

Track days are booked. I have an entire years worth of track access paid for in advance.

Hence why I was looking for Goopystuffs...

edit - added pic.

The only part I have for it so far is the can end of the exhaust system. The bike is factory fitted with Ti headers. I am waiting on the hand made link pipe to de-cat the bike. This will be 8 weeks due to back orders.
20151027_194744.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

;)
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Are you taking off the stock panels and replacing with track fairings?
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Yea mate.

Pics to follow when complete. The whole bike will be stripped and prepared by me for track duty. Replacing just about everything except the ERS Ohlins and not doing anything to the motor yet.

But Wheels, Tyres, Exhaust, Fairings, a complete Brembo brake race spec package, most of the controls, plus a whole heap of other bits to protect it etc.

Should look good when complete, being painted by me in a Tech 3 style but black/red instead of their Black/Yellow them.

No monster stickers either, will brand my own business instead.

About 12 weeks or a little more until complete.

;)
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Guess it could be said this is one big R1mjob.

Thank you, thank you I'm here all week.
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Nice, most forget that it helps on the resale.. not that you are about to do that.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Jamo wrote:Guess it could be said this is one big R1mjob.

Thank you, thank you I'm here all week.
:D

;)
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Added the Akra pipe, I wasn't going to until I received the decat mid pipe but I couldn't just sit and stare at the exhaust whilst I wait 8 weeks.
20151031_213020sml.jpg
I have been hitting it pretty hard running it in, the bike is just amazing. Looking forward to hitting the track with some very experienced guys who can help me get the most out of it and improve my form.

However, I am broken at the moment so I am just taking it easy.

;)
mrleisure

Post by mrleisure »

That's some serious stuff youv've got got going on there cj . Why the Dymags ? Great wheel but don't they come with magnesium wheels . Goood luck with trying to hang on to it , should be a lot of fun .
"There is a grey blur and green blur . I try to stay on the grey one...." Joey Dunlop IoM TT Legend

"You work for the line.. you own the line .. you defend that hard fought line." Steer
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

Modding an R1M is like hooking up with Kate Upton and convincing her she needs bigger boobs :D
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

The bike is nice, but it's not complete from the factory. No adjustment in the rearsets, steel bolts, mass produced parts shared between the R1 and R1M. If they release the R1S here in Aus it comes with even heavier parts to save money. As I do this for a living now I am building this for a show piece to convince others to let me build theirs and also so it is more of the M-spec bike it should have been.

Re the Dymags, the factory option magnesium wheels are heavier than most would assume and when chipped can oxidise if not painted over within a few days. In saying that, finding someone to fit rubber to your CF wheels who are confident in not damaging them is bit of a pain. My local dealership said "Sure, we'll fit rubber but if they crack it's your issue not ours". I just rolled my eyes and mumbled something about flashbangs and laser pointers...

My parts have been shipped, i'll share some pics when it is finished. Bought my compressor, spray gear and started building my little booth for the race glass. My missus has lost the battle trying to keep half the garage. :D

;)
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

I had to google Kate Upton... She is no R1-M

;)
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

I should also add that I trained for 6 months, reaching just shy of 90kgs and being about as fit as I have ever been just to be ready for this bike. It is a weapon, more bike than I can handle at the moment, but yea I am glad I waited for this R1 and not the previous cross plane fatty the 09 - 14 bike was. Shit just gets real at beyond 8500rpm. So much fun...

And really it's not much different from my R6's in size. I am able to flat foot at the lights and the reach is very similar. And the same weight as my r6.

i'll shut up now :)

;)
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

So your saying it is a short bike.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

R1/R1M:
Length: 2055mm
Seat Height: 855mm

R6:
Length: 2040mm
Seat Height:850mm

I am 174cm, 5' 10"

;)
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Ok, that is low.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

mrleisure

Post by mrleisure »

:) I understand cj :nod: Nice lite bolts here and nice colours :D http://www.probolt-australia.com/
"There is a grey blur and green blur . I try to stay on the grey one...." Joey Dunlop IoM TT Legend

"You work for the line.. you own the line .. you defend that hard fought line." Steer
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

All over it like a fat kid on cake. I've only ordered unsprung weight at the moment. Anything else will be replaced only if it requires lock wiring.

There are far better dollar/gram avenues I can chase instead of replacing all the bolts with Ti racespec bolt at this stage.

;)
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

So I received my link pipe from Akrapovic, installed it last night. There is no way I can ride the bike on the road now. It is obnoxiously loud and I love it but I won't subject the neighbourhood to my aural bombardment so the bike is now purely a track day item.

Dropped 6.1kgs immediately :D

All of my parts have arrived so tonight I begin the strip down.
20151121_140341.jpg
This space, watch... 4 weeks.

;)
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

So what about just a drop in exhaust swap when wanting to ride around town?

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

I can, I have a bench side flash tune kit and I can have a map for that exhaust option. I will have to if I want to ride it on the road. I took it for another ride this arvo and it just gets the wrong kind of attention.

But it does sound great :)

With only 4 modes/maps available for selection I will drop the Rain map for a Stock exhaust map and if I find myself doing a track day in the rain I will just have to reflash.

;)
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Parts.... Everything is here except the race glass and the calipers. 4 more weeks for that. Although the race glass might be here sooner, it's been shipped from Portugal. I don't know how they work but it's taken 5 days just to move from the Factory to the couriers dispatch warehouse so I am not holding my breath.

But everything else can go on. I just need spare wheels. Dymag are taking their sweet ass time regarding my CF wheels order so I might have to get something else.

But anyway, let the build commence. Yea-Yeah :yes:
20151123_174505sm.jpg

;)