R1M

Chat about cars, motorbikes and all other transport
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Re: R1M

Post by wobblysauce »

Fun times in the shed.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

New rearsets are nice, but will chew apart boots.
20151124_230702sml.jpg
20151124_230634sml.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Air Induction System removed, which fires fresh air into the exhaust to help reduce emission but also creates a problem when tuning the bike and makes a horrible popping sound when rolling off throttle with a de-cat exhaust setup.

Installed Graves AIS block off plates and a MWR WSBK spec air filter. Powaaaaah! Powaaaaaaaah! If only Clarkson
20151125_214657sml.jpg
liked bikes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

;)
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

There are numerous amount of people out there that do the opposite.. and try to make it do popping sounds.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

You cannot correctly tune an ICE afr with fresh air being squirted into the exhaust. With it's own on board system it will cause it to run rich and when being dyno tuned it gives a false reading to the lambda sensor at the end of the can and it sounds terrible. In the 30 odd kms I have ridden it pre AIS removal you can smell the fuel and see it staining the inside of the exhaust.

Once everything is bolted on I will decide whether I am making the trek down to Melbourne in which case I will have it tuned properly, or if I get the word the MotoDNA are having a coaching period happening early 2016 I will have it done here in Brisbane.

I am hoping to hit the 190hp mark at the rear wheel. But I fear I didn't cane it enough after delivery so might be 3 - 6 hp down.

Plenty of work still to do, carbon frame protection arrived today.

Dymag have contacted me about the wheels saying they are ready for delivery so CF wheels, Hybrid ceramic bearings and free hubs on there way in 8 weeks.

;)
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Frame protection and first piece of race glass on.
20151128_170049sml.jpg
20151127_211147sml.jpg

;)
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Quick update. Global recall on all R1 and R1M models for a transmission replacement.

So it's in the shop until Jan 5th or so. A lot of complaining happening about this but I couldn't care less. The bike is covered by a warranty and the work is being carried out by a Yamaha Racing technician.

Race glass to be fitted early next year.

;)
Santaria

Re: RE: Re: R1M

Post by Santaria »

c.j wrote:Quick update. Global recall on all R1 and R1M models for a transmission replacement.

So it's in the shop until Jan 5th or so. A lot of complaining happening about this but I couldn't care less. The bike is covered by a warranty and the work is being carried out by a Yamaha Racing technician.

People are annoyed, I think, because it was a fault before they shipped the bikes. In saying that I doubt it would lock up with average Joe riders. From what I've read it's a failure that happens under high loads.

Sent from my Nexus 5
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

I think the gearbox issue presented itself after they had the bikes out racing for a year in various championships around the world and found that 2nd was being chewed up under race conditions. I don't have an answer but I like the fact the bikes were ridden hard and they have decided to replace the gearbox on all bikes instead of just those who are affected. Cost them a bit though, they didn't make any money on the R1M to begin with.

;)
TIMMY30

Re: RE: Re: R1M

Post by TIMMY30 »

Santaria wrote:
c.j wrote:Quick update. Global recall on all R1 and R1M models for a transmission replacement.

People are annoyed, I think, because it was a fault before they shipped the bikes. In saying that I doubt it would lock up with average Joe riders. From what I've read it's a failure that happens under high loads.

Sent from my Nexus 5
If i owned a sports bike i'd want it to perform under high load. That's for sure.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

It does, same size as the R6 but with twice the power... much fun

;)
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Sounds like a fast track to the morgue if you ask me. My Nurse friends call fast bikes Widow Makers.
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Wow, thanks for the vote of confidence there Jamo... Guess it pays to know how to ride them

;)
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

You could be Casey Stoner mate, it's something you don't even see that kills you half the time.
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

and yet you love the old dangerous F1 that killed people rather than the new safe boring version. CJ riding it on the track will be a lot safer than using it for a road bike.
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

True! I'm only talking about batshit fast things like this being used as Road Bikes.

Sure to be freaking awesome on a track, not much of a bike guy myself but I'd love to have a (*cough* very careful) blast.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

I ride it on the road, but not in anger. I'm past all that. If I ride it on the road I am very aware that if I die it's because of someone elses mistake, so I try to avoid it i.e be ready to move at a moments notice at the lights, always skim the mirrors when still even if its a stinking hot day and it's 106 on the bike and I'm in all my gear. Brisbane would have to be one of the worst places to own a bike. I've lived in Syd, Melb and Adelaide and they all have their own type of road idiot but Brisbane takes the cake. Half the reason I sold the wrx, I was turning in to one. Every body has to blast off the line, don't merge, won't let you merge, can never be wrong and 95% of road users here text and drive. It's fukn scary and when you consider I used to fall out of helicopters at night time and punch holes through walls with high explosive I am aware of what fear feels like. This place scares me... So for that reason Jamo and to make sure I make it home to my kids I only ride it at times when the traffic is a complete minimum. It's been through the city once and that was to have it photographed.
It's been to lakeside once but I can't ride it to the limit yet because of my own issue. I have track days with australian road racing experts booked to help me understand my limit and the bike a little more and a majority of next year I will be tracking it so no road gear will be present on the bike. Occasionally when I can be bothered I will ride with my brother, he's a cop and can't risk being busted because of his current placement (not traffic, he wouldn't do it) and so we just cruise.

Luckily for me I have my own schedule and work consists of me picking up the kids and making sure dinner is ready until march/april so I can choose to ride at times that suit me.

I feel for your Nurse friends, I've attended road trauma scenes and there's nothing about it that doesn't affect you. Also a mate I water ski with lost his left arm in a motorcycle accident so it's a constant reminder. Can wakeboarad on handed though so he's a talented lad but I am not and I need both of mine.

;)
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Yay, transmission recalled has been done, bike is back in the shed and now has a brand new gearbox. And the first service was absorbed in to that so I am now good to go. Track days booked, aiming to be at Sydney motorsport park and Phillip Island before winter but it depends on how I go with my coaching days.

;)
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Just post up the dates you are going to the island.. I will make sure to be busy >.>

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Rgr, depends on my latest job application. Dates will become clearer around March

;)
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

hoverbike.jpg
hover bike :D punctured rear tyre, and of course no one in brisbane has a 200 rear. Should have called the ducati dealers, but was 5pm by the time I slowly rode it home.

;)
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Dont carry a tyre kit?

I like the little rubber mushrooms, no glue involved, 5 years on tire is still up.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

No thanks, not with this bike. Ordered 4 sets of tyres, having a 190/55 fitted for the dyno and tune and then Pirelli SuperCorsa SP's 200/55 fitted for track.

;)
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Sure for that, would be a better way then doing the slow ride servo to servo home..

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

I don't know what that means.

Great for cars, used them them before. I wouldn't waste my time with a bike tyre. I have 2 years free roadside assistance from Yamaha with the bike, but I knew it would be quicker if I just rode home. I've had a rear let go in the 110 zone on the pacific highway and rode out of it okay, so I knew this would be a non issue in the 60 zone close to home. Just a bummer, tyres are good for around 1800kms, I only got to use this rear for 800kms.

;)