R1M

Chat about cars, motorbikes and all other transport
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Re: R1M

Post by wobblysauce »

Eg. tyre leak from puncher, servo fill with air, continue.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Ahh yup. Yeah I probably should carry a kit if I choose to ride the bike down to the island for MotoGP. Cheers wobbles.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Indeed, like they say, if you carry it you will not need it..

Yes road side assistance is nice, I use VMC(Victorian Motorcycle Council, Nationwide wide support), but with any of them, if you are wanting to go some where, the waiting some times, is more then a simple fix.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Yay, my WSBk spec brakes have been made and sent. Takes a bit of time to get here. I ordered them in December but being pre-season I was last on a long list of people who ordered the GP4RR brake calipers. Hand made, monobloc brakes make CJ go something something.
93311_03_660x.jpg
Image is from Google. I'll share when they're mounted.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by c.j on Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

;)
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Over the bars if applied too liberally I would imagine.
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

And fast with sticky tires Jammo.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Hang the fuck on, that's my motto :)

;)
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Almost finished. 10k brake package makes it a different beast to ride. Flashed ECU, added auto blip so I am clutchless up and down now. Much fun

Wish I had more time to ride it, building a house in the Hunter Valley and then I am apparently building the next stage on my Dad's property too. He's shouting me a weekend to MotoGP for it so 4 weeks labour is worth it :D

Enjoy

;)
Speed

Post by Speed »

Looks Sik!! Have fun.
http://500px.com/Warren_Joyce" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Definitely will, heaps of fun, got some coaching days coming up, then surgery by the army before I can enter any races. Still got to prep the race glass etc so still a bit of work to do but mechanically it is 90% done. ABS is getting a massive workout when I grab a fist full of front brake.

;)
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

If you are in Hunter, we could have a run around here at some point (altho I'd be very slow in my 86). Central Coast is not that far ;)

That bike looks very fast...
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

I am going to be in the Hunter for all of Sept and Oct. I will let you know my goings on

;)
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Bike looks awesome! At one point in time when I was riding I had thought about buying a track bike, nothing special but just something to be able to go down and do some laps at Hidden Valley. Driver training up here is done there so I've done some laps forward & reverse on the 250 Across I learnt on and the instructors 750. Nothing in a car can ever come anywhere near the sensations of hanging off a bike around a track but I'm sure you know this :)

Hmm hate to be a downer but if you're going racing have you accounted for the fact that you're almost guaranteed to stack it at some point? Apart from potential injury I'm also thinking about costs for repairs and even just the thought of damaging your pride and joy is not pleasant.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Yeah track is definitely the place to do it. Yea, I have put in place all the precautions I can do prevent it, but a crash is part of the business. I will probably get the new R6 when it is released so I will race that in superstock first.

I am doing coaching days now so hopefully a year or so of that and it will also help mitigate the crashing. I ride in the rain a lot so that it helps

;)