New car advice

Chat about cars, motorbikes and all other transport
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Re: New car advice

Post by nutty »

Nice work mate, great choice for that cash.

So mine has been a bit of a drama this week. Dropped it off for 1 month checkup.. Comes back and the misses notices that it has some red stuff dropped over bonnet and front bar, mentions it to receptionist who says "yeah I checked this in, wasn't there"
Guy wipes it off and its taken the clear coat off..

They admitted fault, and have taken the car for two days to paint it. I told them I wasn't happy with it being painted and wanted a new bar/bonnet, but they said they would at least try and paint it to start with. Bit of a shit situation isnt it.
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

nutty wrote:Nice work mate, great choice for that cash.

So mine has been a bit of a drama this week. Dropped it off for 1 month checkup.. Comes back and the misses notices that it has some red stuff dropped over bonnet and front bar, mentions it to receptionist who says "yeah I checked this in, wasn't there"
Guy wipes it off and its taken the clear coat off..

They admitted fault, and have taken the car for two days to paint it. I told them I wasn't happy with it being painted and wanted a new bar/bonnet, but they said they would at least try and paint it to start with. Bit of a shit situation isnt it.
Lucky she saw it at the time, that sucks!
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Brake fluid? That sucks, some of these modern paints need the whole panel to be resprayed cause they're impossible to blend so if that's the case it's probably not really any worse than a new bonnet and bumper.

My car has had a dropping or something that etched into the paint on the roof that I noticed but didn't look closely enough at before buying, $500 as the whole roof needs to be done, it's not that noticeable so I'm living with it ;)

I'd take a very hard look at the job and make sure they agree to allow you a couple days to decide whether you're happy with it. In that time take it to a spray painter and get a professional opinion.