Extended warranties

Chat about cars, motorbikes and all other transport
Speed

Extended warranties

Post by Speed »

I don't normally buy extended warranties because I think they are usually a rip...but...I recently bought a Toyota Coaster bus and for some reason this time I did.

The bus only had 57,000ks on the clock but is a ex mining vehicle.
While it's awesome, we have had a bit of trouble with it.

Brakes $2K
Gearbox $4K
Turbo $6.5K

Anyway long story short of the $12.5K of problems we've had our extended warranty from National Warranty Company have paid out 10.5K, no questions asked.
Our bus is practically new now. :)
http://500px.com/Warren_Joyce" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Santaria

Re: Extended warranties

Post by Santaria »

Living in a mining/industrial town, never, never, ever, ever buy an ex mining vehicle. The amount of abuse they get is massive. If it was significantly cheap then maybe, but still.

Awesome that you had a good outcome Speed :)

Sent from my Nexus 5
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Not bad at all..
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Speed

Post by Speed »

Santaria wrote:Living in a mining/industrial town, never, never, ever, ever buy an ex mining vehicle. The amount of abuse they get is massive. If it was significantly cheap then maybe, but still.

Awesome that you had a good outcome Speed :)
Haha, I hear you...I wouldn't do it again. :yes:
I was assured that it was never actually on a mine site and just drove the workers from camp to site. I didn't realise at the time that it must have been a rally stage. :)
The dealers did an amazing job of cleaning it up and on appearance it was easily the best looking, inside, outside and underneath of the 12 that I looked at.
It really wasn't cheap but much cheaper than the $120K new price. I hope that this will last me many years and I will know better if I do buy another one in the future.

Thanks Wobbles, I would definitely recommend National Warranty Company from my experience. :yes:
http://500px.com/Warren_Joyce" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;