i30 replacement

Chat about cars, motorbikes and all other transport
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Re: i30 replacement

Post by norbs »

Hazelb wrote:Hehe..soz..2016 Passat... a smaller than a Commodore ...same size as a mazda 6 i guess. Its the comfortline with luxury and rline packs. Got it when it was one year old..

Thanks. Will add it to the list. Do I still need to double the fuel and emissions figures? :)
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Lol..no..that was the diesels
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

Went car shopping with mum this weekend and she bought a new i30. I was astounded at how well appointed they are. Even the base model has stuff you wouldnt see in any other manufacturers base model.

Im 6'3" and 95kg and i reckon the seats go alright. Just not the back seat
norbs

Post by norbs »

TIMMY30 wrote:Went car shopping with mum this weekend and she bought a new i30. I was astounded at how well appointed they are. Even the base model has stuff you wouldnt see in any other manufacturers base model.

Im 6'3" and 95kg and i reckon the seats go alright. Just not the back seat

You are the second person to say that. I will go and test drive.

I am only 5'9" but have a Kardashian like arse. :D
Muppet

Post by Muppet »

We run deisel Mondeo wagons at work, 900 - 1000Ks per tank, comfortable as fuck even for a fat bastard like myself.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Mondeos are good cars. Underrated in this country but I don't know if Ford have the pricing / specs quite right here either.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

I looked at the Mondeo when I got the Skoda. Definitely a good car but I couldn't justify the extra cost.
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

norbs wrote:I just want something to get me to Adelaide once a year in comfort and cheaply.
Airbus A330, Boeing 717 or 737?
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
norbs

Re: RE: Re: i30 replacement

Post by norbs »

Jamo wrote:
norbs wrote:I just want something to get me to Adelaide once a year in comfort and cheaply.
Airbus A330, Boeing 717 or 737?
I'm stunned you didn't suggest a Fokker.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Fok I forgot Fokker. Yeah, Virgin Regional runs The 100!

I was actually semi serious, anything over about 100 miles or 2 hours and I for one am flying!!
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

I just rent cars for long trips. It's amazing how much cheaper it is compared to buying "well I might do this a few times a year" type of all in one cars.

I should mention too like Jamo, I'll fly too.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Jamo wrote:Fok I forgot Fokker. Yeah, Virgin Regional runs The 100!

I was actually semi serious, anything over about 100 miles or 2 hours and I for one am flying!!
Yeah, all well and good for some. But I use the car when i am in Adelaide as well.

Add to that the fact that 50% of the times I have flown with the bike the bike has been damaged. Every time I go to an airport there is some sort of fuck up. I have to drive to Sydney!

Also, I love the drive. It gives me time to myself, instead of squeezed into a fucking plane with a bunch of c**t*. It is part of the trip I enjoy. I realise it isnt for everyone, but I like it.
norbs

Post by norbs »

wabbit wrote:I just rent cars for long trips. It's amazing how much cheaper it is compared to buying "well I might do this a few times a year" type of all in one cars.

I should mention too like Jamo, I'll fly too.

Probably my fault for not spelling it all out in a massive post at the beginning. The car will also be used by the missus. She actually uses it way more than I do. I estimate I drive maybe 6000km a year total. She drives it to Sydney once a month and down to Albury to see her family and to the snow for a trip each year. So hire is out of the question.
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Yep fair call. I'm like you Norbs re the leasing thread. I just can't justify the numbers.

I'm on holiday and so far I've driven a Twizy, E350 coupe and Corolla/battery thing. All new, all have their good points. Fair better than the '06 rolla I drove back home.

I don't envy your position :)
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

norbs wrote:Yeah, all well and good for some. But I use the car when i am in Adelaide as well.

Add to that the fact that 50% of the times I have flown with the bike the bike has been damaged. Every time I go to an airport there is some sort of fuck up. I have to drive to Sydney!

Also, I love the drive. It gives me time to myself, instead of squeezed into a fucking plane with a bunch of c**t*. It is part of the trip I enjoy. I realise it isnt for everyone, but I like it.
Gotcha, I'd rent but fair nuff.

I get the impression from others experiences that sometimes I walk between the raindrops. I fly a lot and have never had a single issue. I eat out a hell of a lot, far more than average and I've never had a bad meal. On & on.

Love a drive too, but our ridiculously decrepit speed limits make any kind of distance tedious to me. But I do get that :yes:
petey

Post by petey »

If you aren't CVT Phobic, new Civic Hatch. Plenty of space for bike in the back, seats and interior design are great.

(biased opinion)
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
norbs

Post by norbs »

So, just got a Kia Cerato Sport as Smiss suggested. I am still shaking my head at the price when compared to other cars. $23k drive away, so with the i30 as a trade $19k.

Drove a few different cars today and we kept going back to the Cerato.

More comfy seats than the i30. Not quite as good fuel consumption with petrol. Room for the bike. Pretty much an updated i30.

Sat Nav. Rear camera. Cruise and all the other shit you get. The bride is happy and excited. I am just happy it is over :)

The Octavia wasnt available locally til November. The Skoda dealer actually told me to get another i30 as his Octavias sell them selves. The Nissan Qeashqai was too harsh a ride around here. The Hyundai Tuscan felt horrible compared i30.

I am going to miss the little diesel that could. But, time it went to the i30 paddock.

Thanks for all the advice.
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Noice..and a great warranty too
hutchy

Post by hutchy »

Nice on Norbs...
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

Nice! I'd happily buy another Kia and I was recently looking at the Picanto as a second car.