One more to add to the trinity? Foursome? Quaternity? Menage a quart?

Chat about cars, motorbikes and all other transport
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

One more to add to the trinity? Foursome? Quaternity? Menage a quart?

Post by norbs »

Is it a competitor to the other 3?

The new Mercedes-AMG Project ONE is the most ambitious project the performance and sports car brand has ever planned. The hybrid engine from Formula 1 and the electrified front axle provide a fascinating combination of performance and efficiency. This high-performance hybrid is said to produce over 1000 horsepower and reach top speeds beyond 350 km/h (217 mph). The show car combines outstanding race track performance and day-to-day suitable Formula 1 hybrid technology with exemplary efficiency. This is a world first. The overall responsibility for the realisation of Project ONE lies with Mercedes-AMG. The complex development work was carried out in close cooperation with the Formula 1 experts at Mercedes-AMG High Performance Powertrains in Brixworth and with the Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport team in Brackley. Together with the four-door AMG GT Concept, the Mercedes-AMG Project ONE provides another insight into the future performance-hybrid drive strategy of the sports car brand within Mercedes-Benz. The 1.6-litre V6 hybrid petrol engine with direct injection and electrically assisted single turbocharging comes directly from the Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula 1 racing car. The four overhead camshafts are driven by spur gears. To achieve high engine speeds, the mechanical valve springs have been replaced by pneumatic valve springs. The vehicle is mid-engined (ahead of the rear axle) and it can easily reach speeds of 11,000 rpm, which is currently unique for a roadgoing vehicle. However, for higher longevity and the use of commercially available Super Plus petrol instead of racing fuel, it remains significantly below the F1 engine speed limit. The electric motors on the front axle are also true rev wonders, with rotor revolutions up to 50,000 rpm – current state of the art is a speed of 20,000 rpm. The very high-revving engine is additionally boosted by a high-tech turbocharger. The exhaust gas and compressor turbines are separated from one another and located at an optimum position to the exhaust side and to the intake side of the V6 engine, and connected to one another by a shaft. This shaft features an electric motor with approximately 90 kW which, depending on the operating status, electrically drives the compressor turbine with up to 100,000 rpm – for instance when moving off or following load changes. The Formula 1 designation for this unit is MGU-H (Motor Generator Unit Heat). Lightning-quick response, faster than a naturally aspirated V8 engine 0-200 km/h / 0-124 mph : about 6 secondes
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Re: One more to add to the trinity? Foursome? Quaternity? Menage a quart?

Post by w00dsy »

Honda should buy one and study the engine.
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Very impressive, I like that it can rev out to 11,000 rpm :revs:
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

The price is obscene.
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Jamo wrote:The price is obscene.

You'd just need to work an extra Saturday and give up the big brown dicks you smoke and it is yours!
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Jamo wrote:The price is obscene.
What is the price, if I may ask?
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

5.5 Million AUD

Taxes the way they are these days Norbs you're not far wrong!
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

275 to be built and they're already sold.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

w00dsy wrote:275 to be built and they're already sold.
Bummer. These car manufacturers never wait until I pool enough dough to buy one of these...
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?