Spotted anything nice lately?

Chat about cars, motorbikes and all other transport
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Re: Spotted anything nice lately?

Post by Johnny X »

Sadly no pictures to back this up as Jaguar do not allow photography on their site but I was at the assembly plant yesterday investigating a potential problem with some parts we supply. The site is huge and every nook and crannie has a gleaming new Jag parked in it. What would have been the best shot was a row of 6 or 7 V8 F types parked round the corner from where I was working, Gorgeous looking car. Round the other corner was a warehouse full of afore mentioned V8's awaiting installation.

The guy who I went to see had to leave me for a while and when I got back to his office he was sat at his pc shaking his head. He beckoned me over and said "Just look at this". As I looked at the screen there were a few photos and he pointed out that it was a stillage that had just been knocked over by a stacker truck. It contained 8 gearboxes which were now spread out over the floor in various bits and pieces. "Each one of them is worth £6500" he moaned........ Ouch.

Looking forward to my next visit, might get a look at the production line with any luck.
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

Some nice cars here... https://maps.gstatic.com/m/streetview/? ... 05032,,0,0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
eek
VTRacing
Team Pedant (c)

Post by VTRacing »

That's cool, you can get in the Huayra in the showroom!
:teach:
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

I didn't see that before - excllent! Enough bling in there to put a rapper to shame.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Pics or it didn't happen

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Montey

Post by Montey »

I had a test drive in a brand new, 2014, Audi S3 with the sports pack the other day. 0-100kph in 5 seconds. The thing is a bloody hatch-back rocket-ship. Expensive as all hell. One of my guys is looking to buy one and his on-the-road quote from the dealer was a smidge under $70K. So its very expensive for a hatch-back.
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Very expensive but less than an M135i and way less than an A45 AMG (which is insanely quick). The new S3 is a very nice thing. Only $5k or so more than a Golf R now (same drivetrain but as nice as the veedub is inside the Audi will always win on that front). Hot hatches are pulling 1980s supercar times so whilst they're pricey they're still a pretty good deal in performance terms.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Had one of my (pretty) regular trips to AML at Gaydon the other day and managed to get some shots of the long term testers in the car park (They don't like you taking photos).

Some of the guys on the shop floor get to take these beauties for the weekend with the instruction to put some miles on them. I keep asking if I can have one for the drive home and swap for the works van but they haven't let me yet :D

I love going to AML, once you get track side it's not difficult to work when there's the sound of a V12 firing up every ten minutes.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

An i8 is doing the rounds of BMW dealers at the moment. Whether you think it looks good or not, it certainly is interesting. I applaud the fact that BMW haven't just gone for a basic wedge shape (as good as an R8 does look, it's far from revolutionary). They've left just enough CFRP visible to let you know what you're driving and some of the details look very cool. It's still very BMW to sit inside even if the LCD dash has some funky graphics.

There's an i3 in the dealership too. Also looks very interesting but will be a hard sell at $75k for a city car.

r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Appeared out of nowhere. Was rather quiet and missed the opportunity to get a snap. On the way out of the car park, found it sitting right at the end away from everyone else.

Click for a larger size.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Nice. A new one with the V6 too.

I jumped into a new F80 M3 today... so much want.
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news ... z38yJyJh49" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
eek
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

Last year I did a job for a guy who turned the whole top floor of his house into one big open room and filled it with arcade machines. Earlier this week my work mate went to his new house to do the same thing again and saw his other toys.

Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Wow, I'll take the RS!
Brett_S

Post by Brett_S »

I was in Brussels last week and saw this, a couple of cars behind it was a Telsa Model S - but missed the opportunity for a pic

This is the way the world works, if you want want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the d**ks first - Eric Cartman
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Damn you Exar heh, I'm in Londom at the moment and saw a blue i8 parked on the the side of the road. No piccy sadly, I was travelling on the bus and took a second look in disbelief and didn't even think about pulling the phone out until the car was out of sight.

On a side note there's bloody nice cars everywhere here.

*update* I'm now in Norway. Tromsø had a few nice cars, matte black R8 hooning around and a few Cayennes also in matte black, maybe a GT. I've only just gotten into Oslo and now I'm seeing a lot of Telsas, i3s and just general nice German cars. If I think about snapping a pic at the right time I'll share.

Quick pic, charging.

Cutter
Legend in his own lunchtime

Post by Cutter »

Seen at a Major city Subaru dealership.
Basically the mechanic unloading them from a car carrier said a private luxury car tech had hired their sports workshop the next week. For about $45k worth of servicing / detailing work being done.!!!! :yikes:
The dusty Aston Vantage S was straight from the container for pre-delivery service and detailing.
The Mclaren has been sold and is being serviced before delivery "somewhere in Asia"
The DB9 & Vantage are in for regular servicing.
All up about $2.2 Million - being driven into the worksop by a 21 year old.....

Sorry for the big images, but I thought you'd enjoy.

Cutter ~ Carl Rickard

pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

amazing cars in less than amazing colours!
eek
Cutter

Post by Cutter »

I agree, they looked work in real life, particularly the poo brown.
Cutter ~ Carl Rickard

Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Wow. Thanks for sharing. Agree about the colours but then I wouldn't exactly complain. The bonnet vents spoiled the lines of the V12 Vantage a bit I reckon - although they're probably somewhat functional given the lump that resides underneath. Macca 650S still looks odd with the P1 front on the 12C back.
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

I've been spotting nice all day, it's bloody ridiculous here.

Bauer

Post by Bauer »

Certainly spotted but went one better and had a drive. Gun metal grey Lotus Elise. 01 model. Sounded awesome. I do have a pic of it to post later.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

wabbit wrote:I've been spotting nice all day, it's bloody ridiculous here.
Funny when the dude driving the Merc can feel totally inadequate.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Bauer wrote:Certainly spotted but went one better and had a drive. Gun metal grey Lotus Elise. 01 model. Sounded awesome. I do have a pic of it to post later.
Nice! I really, really, really want an Exige S.
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

Bet you can't guess which car I own....