mobile site question

Test avatars and stuff in here and tell us any forum problems
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

mobile site question

Post by w00dsy »

I've ditched Tapatalk and am now using the mobile version of the site. Almost everything is hunky dory, but when visiting the Real Racing forum the F1 countdown thing prevents the rest of the site from loading full width. Is it possible to somehow get the mobile version of Chrome to not load that bit up? I can't see any sort of flash or shockwave disable feature.

I'm not asking Kev or Durbs to fix the countdown timer, I want to be able to sort it out from my end.

DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Re: mobile site question

Post by DexterPunk »

I'm now using the mobile site instead of tapatalk as well. I fact I deleted tapatalk after the annoying update.

I have a seperate question to w00dsy though. The only issue I'm having is it constantly wants me to sign in. It never seems to want to remember my details. Anything I need to do aside from clicking the remember me check box?
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

Mine is fine as far as that is concerned. What browser are you using?
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Confused, is there a mobile version (eg: m.arseforums...), or just using the normal site through a smartphones browser?
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Normal sight. But seems to accomodate well for phone browsers now. Not sure if it's just that the constrained layout works well, or if things change when being accessed my a phone. I know my website (one in sig) actually changes some of the CSS at a certain screen width, which is usually a phone.

Just standard safari w00dsy. It seems to sometimes effect a PC login as well... Like the phone is stealing the sign in... Then PC sometimes needs my details again. Hard to explain, but I feel like I constantly need to keep putting in username/password. I've only had this problem since I started using my phone browser rather than tapatalk.
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

Don't know if Kev has any access to the CSS but it would be easy enough to hide that on smaller screens with a media query.

I should do a non-Flash countdown really. Keep forgetting about it.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Yeah I can get to any files.

The default style we use (bit a bit of colour diddling) is a responsive design but obviously some things like the counter are outside the realms of that so they break the style.

However, tapatalk is working again so it might be a moot point :)

Is the countdown timer useful? Don't necessarily want to put Durbs to a lot of work if people don't necessarily use it. I must admit I like it.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

Big Kev wrote:
However, tapatalk is working again so it might be a moot point :)

i'm pretty sure the evil dictator uses the mobile site but i don't think he frequents the Real Racing forum but that's only to stir up trouble after a GP, but the majority do seem to use tapatalk.