teething problems?

Test avatars and stuff in here and tell us any forum problems
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Re: teething problems?

Post by w00dsy »

i use my mouse wheel. Some people don't have one though, which i find odd. I also can't live without my forward/back buttons on it.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

w00dsy wrote:i use my mouse wheel. Some people don't have one though, which i find odd. I also can't live without my forward/back buttons on it.
mouse gestures....
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
fp

Post by fp »

Search doesn't appear to be working....
This will be my signature until Dexter Bean qualifies for a NASCAR race. Keep chasing that dream...
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

fp wrote:Search doesn't appear to be working....
I didn't rebuild the search tables.
I looked at the site stats for the last 2 months and no-one at all searched for anything (according to them).
The search tables are huge. They log every single different word used on the site and where it is. I can rebuild them but it'll take a while if people want to search for stuff.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

i think you've bumped enough threads for one day :D
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Big Kev wrote:
I looked at the site stats for the last 2 months and no-one at all searched for anything (according to them).
The search tables are huge. They log every single different word used on the site and where it is. I can rebuild them but it'll take a while if people want to search for stuff.

I think there is something amiss there Kev. I know I have searched here and the old forums, and quite a bit too.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
fp

Post by fp »

w00dsy wrote:
i think you've bumped enough threads for one day :D
And how! :D

It's weird, I just tried it again now and 'Punchy' gave some results this time. Seems like it's only throwing back results from posts made since the latest move.
Even before the move, I sometimes had trouble looking for threads or posts that were over 12 months old. I guessed that it was some kind of limitation on the board to reduce the load while searching, while sometimes frustrating, I never worried too much about it.
But all in all, I wouldn't get too worked up about it at the moment, especially if I'm the only one using it. I don't mind finding old threads 'the hard way' - get to see a lot of entertaining things from days gone by that you find along the way :D
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

See if you can find a thread I think I started late March about no washing of hair Dan. :)
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
fp

Post by fp »

norbs wrote:See if you can find a thread I think I started late March about no washing of hair Dan. :)
So far I've found a couple where you pay-out on Kev for spending far too much time and money on his hair in ShotOnline :D

Ah-ha! Found it!
Missed it the first couple of times, made all the harder due to the original post having northing to do with hair or shampoo, and that it was started by Clubalang.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7116
This will be my signature until Dexter Bean qualifies for a NASCAR race. Keep chasing that dream...
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

norbs wrote:
Big Kev wrote:

I think there is something amiss there Kev. I know I have searched here and the old forums, and quite a bit too.
I'll rebuild them in little stages. It'll bomb the server if I try it in one go.

EDIT: Actually, I can remake them on my backup and just restore those search tables.
My Flickr Stream
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Making the search tables is pretty intensive. I've managed to compile about 100k of the 140k posts and then my pc gave up!

So I've uploaded the search result tables for those posts.

See how you get on.
If it's no good I'll have another stab at it.
The search tables are 116megs!
My Flickr Stream
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

Big Kev wrote:Making the search tables is pretty intensive. I've managed to compile about 100k of the 140k posts and then my pc gave up!
I wouldn't let my PC get away with that! If I was you I would slap it and tell it to get to the kitchen and make me some pie...
"We will not be releasing a sanitised or cut down version [of Alien vs. Predator] for territories where adults are not considered by their governments to be able to make their own entertainment choices." Rebellion CEO Jason Kingsley
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by Gizmo »

When i make a post and the page reloads none of the avatars are there.
Unforgiven

Post by Unforgiven »

May be a stupid question/request... Why is it that when I come onto these forums topics that I have seen (not viewed) in my last visit (that havent been added yo since) dont come up read like on the old forums. So each time I finish reading the forums each day I have to click mark all Forums read S that I can tell what was posted since my last visit?
They should make sham wow stubbie holders so if ya spill ya beer you can soak it straight up and put it back in the stubbie
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

I prefer it that way, if you don't have time to read all new posts you can see what topics you missed when you next visit. Maybe when you click view new posts those particular topics don't come up unless there has been new posts in them???

On another note, how do we link to an individual post, I can't seem to find the little button or whatever it was that used to be above each post.
Edit: Hmm seems ok in this thread, "re:teething problems?" above each post, maybe older threads before the upgrade don't have it???
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Sarsippius wrote:On another note, how do we link to an individual post, I can't seem to find the little button or whatever it was that used to be above each post.
Right click this icon in the top line of your post
and save the link.
eg, your post is
viewtopic.php?p=151039#p151039
Unforgiven wrote:Why is it that when I come onto these forums topics that I have seen (not viewed) in my last visit (that havent been added yo since) dont come up read like on the old forums
Because you haven't read them.
Like I said in a another post, the simplest way to read all the new stuff is to use the 'view new posts' link at the top of the screen.

It's just different to what you're all used to.
See, I bet if we had used this forum for 3 years and switched to the old style you'd all be moaning that the new posts vanish on a second visit and you hadn't read them all yet :D
My Flickr Stream
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Big Kev wrote:
Unforgiven wrote:Why is it that when I come onto these forums topics that I have seen (not viewed) in my last visit (that havent been added yo since) dont come up read like on the old forums
Because you haven't read them.
Like I said in a another post, the simplest way to read all the new stuff is to use the 'view new posts' link at the top of the screen.

It's just different to what you're all used to.
See, I bet if we had used this forum for 3 years and switched to the old style you'd all be moaning that the new posts vanish on a second visit and you hadn't read them all yet :D
It's much better this way. I was hating the old one, kept losing the unread stuff, so I welcome this new one with all my heart :)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Thanks Kev, even after pointing it out it took me a few seconds to find the little bugger :)
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Gizmo wrote:When i make a post and the page reloads none of the avatars are there.
Found out this one.
It's an issue with php5. Hopefully fixed in the next update.
My Flickr Stream