teething problems?

Test avatars and stuff in here and tell us any forum problems
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Re: teething problems?

Post by Righteous »

ok cool.

Yes I drive, I don't have issues seeing the colours as such, it's just differentiating shades of red from other shades. Even then they need to be pretty similar for me not to be able to see them. I don't understand it fully as it hasn't really had any affect on my life other then the rare occasion. This is one of them I guess.
Chaz
Stig

Post by Chaz »

It seems the new software doesn't mark all forums read when you end your current session (close browser). When I come back after a bit, it still highlights topics that I haven't read, but dont need to.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Chaz wrote:It seems the new software doesn't mark all forums read when you end your current session (close browser). When I come back after a bit, it still highlights topics that I haven't read, but dont need to.
That's normal. It has a different way of handling the cookies so you can log in later and still see the same list of read/unread for a period of time. You can just click the 'mark forums read' link top right to clear them.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Is there anyway to collapse parts of the forum main page like with the old board?
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Nope

I might move the old blokes competitions down though as that doesn't really get much traffic.
My Flickr Stream
Armageddon

Post by Armageddon »

I've noticed in the Real Racing section were we are posting our liveries that they are being cut off by the forum, does that meean we have to alter the size we up load?
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

which bits are getting cut off, i can see the whole pic.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

yeah, they seem to be ok for me. I normally go for no more than 800 wide though.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

The image itself is not being cut off, it's just the amount viewable. It's to stop the page width tearing.
We don't yet have any image width restrictions on and we will hopefully get the attachments sorted in the next week. That will auto thumbnail the images for you.
My Flickr Stream
Armageddon

Post by Armageddon »

For me it is cutting off the right side of the pics, for example in my last post in Your Racing Livery Concepts it cuts of the front of the car to the front of the front wheel arch, it does it to them all. It seems like the actual page isn't wide enough as the boarder is still around the pic. It might just be my PC, like I need to change a page size or something, I'm not very PC friendly! LOL
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

The whole picture is there. It's just showing you the amount that you have your screen resolution/page width set to.

By way of example, move the right side of your bowser window to the left to make the page narrower. You'll see that it just shows you a bit less of the image but the page style doesn't go out of shape to accommodate the image. The whole image is still there, you're just seeing less of it. Conversly if you make the window wider you'll see more of the car.

In firefox you can right click> view image to see the whole thing. Dunno about IE.

I can look into a MOD to disable the pseudo cropping if its enough of an issue.
My Flickr Stream
David Piglos Shaw
Pig
Pig

Post by David Piglos Shaw »

I don't like the layout of the buttons at the bottom when you are compiling a post. Like most people, I tend to read left-to-right, see Save and click on it, and then say "Shit, I've just done a draft again!". Is it possible to change that button to be on the right, or change it to say Save Draft or both or doesn't it affect anyone else?
Armageddon

Post by Armageddon »

Big Kev wrote:The whole picture is there. It's just showing you the amount that you have your screen resolution/page width set to.

By way of example, move the right side of your bowser window to the left to make the page narrower. You'll see that it just shows you a bit less of the image but the page style doesn't go out of shape to accommodate the image. The whole image is still there, you're just seeing less of it. Conversly if you make the window wider you'll see more of the car.

In firefox you can right click> view image to see the whole thing. Dunno about IE.

I can look into a MOD to disable the pseudo cropping if its enough of an issue.
Yeah that seems to be it, but I already have my resolution set as High as it can go.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

David Piglos Shaw wrote:I don't like the layout of the buttons at the bottom when you are compiling a post. Like most people, I tend to read left-to-right, see Save and click on it, and then say "Shit, I've just done a draft again!". Is it possible to change that button to be on the right, or change it to say Save Draft or both or doesn't it affect anyone else?
Haha - I've done that a couple of times too! Only a minor thing to me though.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

David Piglos Shaw wrote:I don't like the layout of the buttons at the bottom when you are compiling a post. Like most people, I tend to read left-to-right, see Save and click on it, and then say "Shit, I've just done a draft again!". Is it possible to change that button to be on the right, or change it to say Save Draft or both or doesn't it affect anyone else?
Piggy, another forum I visit swapped over a few weeks back. That Save and Submit thing drove me mad the 1st week or so. Now, I am used to it and it doesnt bother me. See how you are travelling in a few weeks time. :yes:
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

So what's that save button does after all?
I've hit it a few times too, but I've nfi what happened I just went back and hit submit afterwards and that's it.

Armageddon; you might need a bigger monitor...:/
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

User Control Panel - Overview - Saved Drafts

You should find them there Steve.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

gee this control panel has heaps more I remember :D
thaks :)
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

quick question...
is there a setting in my profile to change so that when I click a link it will open a new window/tab, rather than using my current one?

*edit*
never mind... just read page one...
:tilt:

I dont have a middle mouse button at work, I usually right click and selct new window.
Its annoying if I forget tho
Steve
---
Armageddon

Post by Armageddon »

ysu wrote:So what's that save button does after all?
I've hit it a few times too, but I've nfi what happened I just went back and hit submit afterwards and that's it.

Armageddon; you might need a bigger monitor...:/
I'd love a bigger monitor, would make doing design work so much better! Would you like to make a donation to the cause???? :lol:
fp

Post by fp »

uh... can't attach images anymore?
This will be my signature until Dexter Bean qualifies for a NASCAR race. Keep chasing that dream...
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

fp wrote:uh... can't attach images anymore?
not the old way, give it a few more days and we might have the attachments up and running, not just pics. We have the bandwidth now to be able to offer it. Just gotta sort it all out.
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Admins,

Should the AAL ~ The Australasian League LFS Series bit, including the AAL Admin sub section be moved to the Forums for Racing Comps section? Of course then the Racing Teams Forums & Forums for Racing Comps sections be switched around moving the Racing Teams Forums to the bottom of the forum.

I've read that you guys didnt want to change the whole forum too much... just a thought ive had from day dot of the new look.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

w00dsy wrote:an interesting one Vilante found, when you click a link, it opens the page in the same window/tab not in a new one. I must admit i prefer it to open in a new tab.
i found a fix for this little one. If you use Firefox that is, you can install an extension called Tab Mix Plus which allows you to set how links are opened, and if you set it to 'force to open in new tab - links to other sites' it'll open all links outside the current site in a new tab.

ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

ever heard of shift-click? (or middle click in some browsers) - it opens in the link in a new window or tab.