LFSWorld Series Round 3

VTRacing
Team Pedant (c)

Re: LFSWorld Series Round 3

Post by VTRacing »

Good and bad.

Good for me, picked up 10th after race-long battles. Not so good for Arrow, who disco'd while sitting in about 8th.

I'm grabbing screenshots to do a Quincy-esque race report. :)
:teach:
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Wd VT, a good points haul, actually the best by an Aussie so far. poke @ Duck......:p
Bad Luck Arrow, if you could have lasted the Aussies would of made an impressive jump up the overall standings.

I look forward to the race report, would you like some stats to help??
Oh bugger it I will do em anyway...

I wish I had the time & was fast enough to have a go in this series, it looks like a lot of fun and very close competitive racing but I will leave it to the fast guys to show how us Aussies do it.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Arrow

Post by Arrow »

Well i didnt have enough time to make a qualifying setup until last night 12:30 but i also didnt want to get into the habbit of pushing the car really hard on those r2s then come the race and im still in the rhythm of driving qualifying style :P. But last night i managed to do a 1:21.2 easy peasy and 3weeks ago i got down to as low as 1:20.9. The issues started as soon as i joined the server lag heaven so i exited LFS and deleted this process in ctrl,alt,del screen rundll.dll or something which seems to be slowing down my computer. even though i was prepared for the race ran virus scanner cleared some space on the computer try make it run smoother so my computer doesnt die on the full grid. once i deleted that thing the lag was totally gone got down to a 1:21.4 which which was still good enough to put me in 12th but i was a bit annoyed as i knew i could do a .2 easy which could of put me on 7th. I guess its just the fact of a full server and tired driver :P

For the race i took a risk and used a R3 setup got through T1 fine on exit of turn 2 i got squished into the wall by an Austria
(my lest favourite nation in the series, they always complaining :P) which gave me a bit of toe out damage and it didnt allow the tyres to cool down enough on the straights, so i was setting on around 120degrees the whole race made my way up to 9th and 8th place had a crack at them Great Britian just through it back under so i waited let me tyres cool. with 15mins to go i thought ok now i gotta make my move tyres cooled to 115. was pulling out to pass at the hair pin then DISCO! "memory stash error" anyone know what the hell this is it keeps happening in mainly long races and international. Its happend to me the last 3 international race VERY ANNOYING :D

Well done to VT for steppin in when know one else put there hand up really appreciate it mate. Whose racing round 4 fellas? :)
J_luo88

Post by J_luo88 »

I think it's basically you dont' have enough space for LFS to save a temporary .mpr
So to solve it, basically free up more space or turn off replay saving for multiplayer.

But well done VT and Arrow for racing =]
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Race Stats click, for those that care for them.

I think J_luo is right Arrow, it does sounds like your mpr tipped over your available HDD space.
While your playing the temp.mpr file grows in size, this is the file that is saved once you tell LFS to save it.
But that would mean that you HDD had less than 20MB left on it as the replay file is only 18MB.
If that is the case then I think your PC needs a serious clean up. :p
Dukester

Peptis

Post by Peptis »

Well done guys. Top effort, too bad Arrow disconnected; bad luck mate.

The series looks like it would be loads of fun. Some definite quality racing in it.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

arrow, you need to have at least 10% of ure HDD space left just for windows, so dude.. get more HDD space
Arrow

Post by Arrow »

used space 98.3 GB
Free Space 29.6GB

I made sure i cleaned up my hard drive space before the race and managed to free up 20gb
About the auto save replay.. I had this error in the master of endurance race 7times so i turned off auto save replay i still had the same problem so :S.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Umm..Thats lost me, have you searched on the LFS Forum as I am sure you won't be the 1st person to suffer from it..
Dukester

NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

might try for a reinstall of LFS
Arrow

Post by Arrow »

yeah it wouldnt hurt its the same lfs folder i have had for about 1 year now :)
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

my LFS folder is the same since S2 was released.

Maybe even time for a full format? There might be something lurking on ur HDD thats causing the problems
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

I would go with R8 on this one. Your registry is probably a maze of unwanted program entries.
Arrow

Post by Arrow »

so you saying do a format, any way to prevent this sort of stuff happening again?
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

It may well do, It just sounds like a similar problem i have with another program except its not quite as catastrophic. In the other program (not a game) the hard drive cache gets thrashed by reading and writing even smallish amounts of data..to the point where it needs to stop reading\writing to catch up with it. If that same thing is happening with LFS where the cache is getting thrashed by LFS or LFS in conjunction with other programs then that may well be the cause.

I would ask Dr Astro for his professional diagnosis.