LFS World Series: Round 4

VTRacing
Team Pedant (c)

LFS World Series: Round 4

Post by VTRacing »

Round 4 May 24- LX6 - Fern Bay Gold (Sunday 7am)

16 Nations. 2 Drivers/cars per Nation, 1 Server.
20 minute Qualifying
1 Hour Race

Drivers
- VTRacing
- Quincy

Reserves
-
-

This will be an arduous combo, just by keeping it on the road our team could do well.

I'm falling in love with this car. When you get the feel for it, you can carry a beautiful flow through the corners, with delicate corrections of steering and throttle. But it is extremely taxing on the concentration, you simply cannot relax in this car otherwise it will bite you, quickly.

I've just finished some testing on the MNR server, Ducky and Arrow were helping out, earlier. I managed 33 laps before I ran out of fuel (60%) with only one spin. My best was a 1:30.66 after about 20 laps once the tyres had cooled down enough and I'd worked out the final sector a bit better. The rears do get rather warm for a while though which makes the car even more of a handful.

It's interesting that this car feels much nicer to drive with a heavy fuel load than with empty tanks, I guess the weight makes a difference.

Anyhoo, wish us the best. And if anyone feels like some testing or practise then feel free to jump on a server. I'll try and get the Oz-Bee guys (Quincy??? :prod: ) to set the MNR 2 server to the combo when it's not required for MNR, and make it a private server.
:teach:
VTRacing
Team Pedant (c)

Re: LFS World Series: Round 4

Post by VTRacing »

Nice to see a few faces coming to help out with setups, or just to say hi. Sambo, Duck, Arrow (of course), even Russ and Olddog have dropped in to help out.

Ran a near-enough race distance (42-odd laps), with one of Arrow's sets. I think it was a qualifying one, actually. The tyres got pretty hot from about lap 7 to 18, and even after that it was still quite easy to get the temps to the high 70s.

Fastest lap was a 1:29.68 or something, on lap 41. :D Nice to be in the 29s, but more work required.

Hey Quincy, are you turning up any time soon?
DUcK

Post by DUcK »

Nice work VT, that's definitely a fast race time... It would be great if you could do that time earlier though? :D
Wishing you the best of luck :)
(by the way, I didn't really help, I just clicked a few buttons and apparently my setups suck anyway (vt, arrow)..)

:)
VTRacing
Team Pedant (c)

Post by VTRacing »

You always rise to that one, Scotty.

:)

Sambo and I ran a race distance tonight, he managed a 1:29.18, I once again pulled out the 1:29.68 (twice). The one hour will be 40 or 41 laps, ~75% fuel.

I don't think we can really make the sets too much better, it's just a case of driving it now. :melt:
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

sorry i couldn't hang round last night, wasn't expecting my wife home at that time... anyways.. the set you gave me VT feels really nice, and with about 11 laps into a little session just then, 1:31.55, with plenty of room to move.. i'll be happy to get into the 1:30's, which hopefully with a little help later tonight from you blokes, i should be able to fine tune my lines,etc.. probably be online after 8ish tonight. i love this track, and i love this car, and i love long races, and i reckon all the euros are going to crash... hahah, i'm going to pull a Bradbury..!
balls & boobs. . .
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Doing the skin now lads, will post it in the skin thread soonish.
VTRacing
Team Pedant (c)

Post by VTRacing »

Does anyone know where the MNR servers are?
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Vt looks like the MNR/LFSEA server (same box) is offline or not connected to the LFS Master Server for some reason. Support has been requested but being a weekend not sure how long it is going to take. AAL servers are up and if you like I could configure one of them for you?
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Arrow

Post by Arrow »

Server: LFS World Series
Backup Server: LFS World Series 2
Password: round4lfsws
Track: Fern Bay Gold
Car: LX6
Start Time: 21:00UTC

Server Admins
- Arrow
- tba
- tba

Lag
If possible please have all your drivers in the server 10minutes prior for a lag test. To help eliminate further delays.
If your driver has a problem with lag please report it to Admins as soon as possible. before 21:00utc.

Spectating/Viewing
Your nation can watch on using LFS Remote and chat via IRC
Channel name: #lfsworldseries
Server: GameSurge
We are hoping to have a video released after each round or even live broadcasting (if anyone you know can help or do this for round 1 please let us know) for future rounds.

Rules
Qualifying Chatting: There should be no chatting in qualifying unless extremely important lag ect..
Race Chatting: any chatting will not be tolerated and be given a drive through penaltie. no excuses, best to prevent this is to remove hotkeys for the race.

Corner Cutting/Grass Cutting:
(without readressing)
1st time - 4 wheels on the inside of the grass of corner = warning
2nd time - 4 wheels on the inside of the grass of corner = Drive through
3rd time - 4 wheels on the inside of the grass of corner = 30sec Penalty
and so on..
If you run 4 wheels in the grass by acident you can readdress without be given a penaltie by backup off the the throttle 100% to notify the admins you did not do it to gain advantage.

LFSWS Skin Template
The LX6 template will be released shortly to add to your skins.
Drive through Penalties will be given for those drivers not using the series sticker on there Nations skin

If you have any problems or concerns please reply here.
Thanks, Goodluck!
Arrow

Post by Arrow »

I added the gay little LFSWS sticker to the LX6 Skin so Quincy and VT can you please use this one i already uploaded it so just
chuck it in ya skins folder :yes:
http://www.liveforspeed.com.au/skins/L ... us2008.jpg
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

pissed off.

argentinian driver decided he didn't want me to pass him, so he turned into me... blatantly. lap 14, on the bridge...

you'd think that sorta shit wouldn't happen in a world series.

is it worth lodging a protest arrow?
balls & boobs. . .
Arrow

Post by Arrow »

yeah mate for sure we will take a look at it
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

ok. where do i go to lodge it?
balls & boobs. . .
VTRacing
Team Pedant (c)

Post by VTRacing »

Well, the less said about that race, the better.

Qualifying was good, but here I was 0.68 sec off the current world record, and my position:

14th. This series is VERY competitive.

First lap in the race, and managed to make it through the chicane without carnage, but coming onto the bridge I got sideways and spun. No excuses, but I was finding it difficult to drive with 10 fps and lagging cars all around. The lag was not bad, but when combined with the framerate I was struggling. So now I was back to last.

From there I just couldn't get into a rhythm. I found it really difficult to pass other cars, partly the track and partly the lag. Made it slowly back up to 14th or something, and then hit the bridge with about 7 minutes to go and launched. Pitted for the hell of it, and came out a lap down in the midpack. Tried to cruise to the finish, made more difficult by the fact that once again there were drivers who didn't realise how a timed race works and backed off before the end of the race. Idiots, they've been fighting hammer and tongs for 40-odd laps and then they give up 4 positions because they throttle off when they see the time has run out and they cross the finish line. The leader hasn't crossed the line yet, you fools! There's one lap to go!

Anyway, I am disappointed with the result because I was looking forward to this race, being the last round that I can run (done my 3). I think a new pc will be required before I try anything like this again.

Thanks to Arrow, Ducky, Sambo, and Quincy who got on the wrong side of a manic Argentinian.

Cheers.
VTRacing
Team Pedant (c)

Post by VTRacing »

Q, just looked at your incident with the Argentine. It looks like lag to me, it looks like you gave him a little lag-tap that turned him into you.

Those guys were menaces though. I don't quite understand why these guys make it so difficult to pass when you are that much quicker. What do they hope to achieve? Do they reckon they will keep you behind for another 30 laps? Why not just let the person go when they get close, and try to keep up with them. Pass them later in the race if you have to.
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

i qualled well for my expectations, 2 pb's in the last minutes, placed me 19th 1:30.22ish

got a great start and with a few drivers falling off, i was into 14th by lap 5. a stray tyre from the front chicane, spun me and i was back into 20th...

got back into a good rythme, and started to regather the positions. by lap 13 i had re-passed VT and was fighting with the 2 argentine drivers. had a great chance to pass the argentine when the incident occurred. really annoyed me, and on my replay it looks like he fully turned into my line... smashed me good, limped into pits absolutely fuming, took me about 50 seconds to repair, by that stage i had decided it was time to pull the plug...

a really crap way to start my day...pfffft, to lag crashes! (which i really hope it was, otherwise it was a really poor piece of driving by the argentines.)
balls & boobs. . .
VTRacing
Team Pedant (c)

Post by VTRacing »

Definitely lag. It's clear on my replay, he kept his steering wheel straight until you lagged into his left-rear corner and put him sideways. Then there's the fact that he launched about 500 metres in 0.2 of a second that also points to lag. There's probably an irate Argentinian cursing in Spanish about stupid Aussies who just drive into them.

Reviewing the replay I feel a bit better. There are some high-class drivers who also had a torrid race with little mistakes and touches. At least I was in good company.
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

yeah, well see, on my replay, his wheels turn into me.. hence my frustration.

stoopid lag...
balls & boobs. . .