Whitegoods help in here....

Need a hand with a home project, how to fix that bloody roof leak, hang a door etc...
thornz

Re: Whitegoods help in here....

Post by thornz »

Sweet, unplugging it for a bit and plugging it back in worked a treat.

Cheers mate, one less thing for the wife to nag about when she gets back.
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

True - that could be the winning outcome. No washer, but listen to this!
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

thornz wrote:Sweet, unplugging it for a bit and plugging it back in worked a treat.

Cheers mate, one less thing for the wife to nag about when she gets back.
No probs. Wife aggro averted ;)
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

Lol big time, should have left it. You would have been banned from all domestic duties for life!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
markus

Post by markus »

Bah, my trusty 15ish years old Blomberg oven decided to call it a day.

Both oven lights went out simultaneously (lamps are still ok so not blown - and naturally all the house fuses are ok) and it no longer heats. If I select convection the fan starts to blow (cold) air and the panel works so it gets some electricity. Does that sound like an expensive repair, or should I just go out and get a nice Miele ?
Much cycling such kilometers.
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

markus wrote:Bah, my trusty 15ish years old Blomberg oven decided to call it a day.

Both oven lights went out simultaneously (lamps are still ok so not blown - and naturally all the house fuses are ok) and it no longer heats. If I select convection the fan starts to blow (cold) air and the panel works so it gets some electricity. Does that sound like an expensive repair, or should I just go out and get a nice Miele ?
It's probably either blown the element or the control switch (more than likely). Just throw a call out fee at it and see what they dig up. For all the years I've repaired ovens, I can't recall ever working on a Blomberg. Miele's are good, but expensive for repairs. I've said it a few times in this thread: Electrolux, Westinghouse, Simpson and Kelvinator are what I always recommend.
markus

Post by markus »

Santaria wrote:
markus wrote:Bah, my trusty 15ish years old Blomberg oven decided to call it a day.

It's probably either blown the element or the control switch (more than likely). Just throw a call out fee at it and see what they dig up. For all the years I've repaired ovens, I can't recall ever working on a Blomberg. Miele's are good, but expensive for repairs. I've said it a few times in this thread: Electrolux, Westinghouse, Simpson and Kelvinator are what I always recommend.
Thanks!

No Westinghouses, Simpsons or Kelvinators this side of the globe - but I'll check the Electroluxes.
markus

Post by markus »

Haha, success! Spent some 15 minutes unscrewing the panels to get to the oven circuitboards and yes, indeed there was a black circular thingy with a very small red button that looked like it could be a breaker or overcurrent protector of some sort in one of the boards, clicked that with the tip of my screwdriver, screwed everything back, flipped the housefuses on and the oven works again :)

Just hoping there isn't a bigger problem that keeps blowing the switch. We'll see.
Unforgiven

Post by Unforgiven »

markus wrote:Haha, success! Spent some 15 minutes unscrewing the panels to get to the oven circuitboards and yes, indeed there was a black circular thingy with a very small red button that looked like it could be a breaker or overcurrent protector of some sort in one of the boards, clicked that with the tip of my screwdriver, screwed everything back, flipped the housefuses on and the oven works again :)

Just hoping there isn't a bigger problem that keeps blowing the switch. We'll see.
Sounds like some sort of clixon
They should make sham wow stubbie holders so if ya spill ya beer you can soak it straight up and put it back in the stubbie
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

New one from me. I'm pretty confident I know the answer to this one, but I'll ask all the same.

We have an LG front load washer that has stopped working today. Water pumps in, but it doesn't spin.

After some jigging around, it is now spinning, albeit without any clothes in there. But, I've noticed a small flicker of light coming from under the machine. Now I haven't really noticed it before, but I've never really stared at it for a particularly long amount of time.

Would it be safe to assume that, that's a bad thing?

*Edit

It's not really spinning,it sort of spins for a sec, then stops, then sort of spins a little again. Like it's getting power for a moment before just idling again. It's making ticking noises where I imagine it is trying to spin.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Did it have light under spinning around like a Discotech there from the time you got it? if not, Yes it is a bad thing.

Could be a short of some kind, is the home insurance paid up in full?
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

Might be a short or faulty contacts due to corrosion. If it's arcing, sounds more like corroded contacts. Pay for a call out fee for piece of mind :-)

Sent from my Nexus 5
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

If by arcing you mean spinning, it sort of does, but randomly and without force. Regardless of the light/spark underneath, it won't wash clothes.

Tis all good, we've sorted a new one. I've pretty little patience for appliances playing up. By the time someone looks at it and whatever repairs are required, I'm well on the way to a new one.
Montey

Post by Montey »

Righteous wrote:If by arcing you mean spinning, it sort of does, but randomly and without force. Regardless of the light/spark underneath, it won't wash clothes.

Tis all good, we've sorted a new one. I've pretty little patience for appliances playing up. By the time someone looks at it and whatever repairs are required, I'm well on the way to a new one.
By "arcing" he means its shooting mini lightning bolts under your washing machine that could cause a fire.
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
J.D.
Rat

Post by J.D. »

My 6 KW split system air conditioner blew up in the heat.

Can anyone recommend a brand that doesn't cost the earth to buy or run?

Would also appreciate a wall unit which is <1 metre long.
сначала мы убиваем американского лося и белку.

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell.

Proudly never a mod or admin at RSC from 2001 - 2009.
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

My beer fridge just packed it in and we have decided to buy a new family fridge and pass the old one down to replace the beer fridge.

Anyone know what brand to buy? Samsung, LG, F&P, Westinghouse etc?

Need to get something this weekend..

Thanks
eek
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

From what's been said in the past here in this thread (and heard it from others in the know too) Electrolux, Westinghouse, Simpson, and Kelvinator.

Sent from Han Solo using TK-421's phone.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

thornz wrote:Any washing machine help in here?

So wife has been away for a week, and needed to do some washing. Did one load alright. Then I saw that thing on youtube where you can make your Fisher and Paykel washing machine sing the national anthem, so decided to do that, was pretty lame TBH.

Now though the bloody thing wont start.
Can turn it on, select all the options, but when I press start, it just quicly beeps 4 times and does nothing.

Any suggestions?
Or should I empty it out, and then when the wife goes to use it, she will think she broke it
Also can't believe I only just saw this. Hilarious. This is why I love ARSE.

DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Santa what's the way to go on dryers? I searched around the thread but couldn't find anything on them here. Having said that I only went back about 4 pages. My sister needs a new one and asked in Facebook so I thought I'd see what your opinion is. Any info would be helpful.

Santaria

Post by Santaria »

It's been a long while since I've had anything to do with them, but when I did, Simpson and Fisher & Paykell were decent units with long lives. General rule of thumb is the more bells and whistles, the more that can break.

Sent from my Nexus 5
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Thanks heaps for that, I'll pass it along. :)

Shaun

Post by Shaun »

So we have a simpson eziset 750 and the bastard won't drain. When it gets to the drain cycle it just makes a dull whining sound?
Hello :aussie:
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

Shaun wrote:So we have a simpson eziset 750 and the bastard won't drain. When it gets to the drain cycle it just makes a dull whining sound?
Pump's either full of lint/cotton/your mum's undies or it's fucked. They're SUPER easy to replace. You're mechanically minded so once you flip it onto its back, you'll know what you're looking for (obviously the thing the drain is connected to). 3 screws and it'll pop off and you can go from there. If it's empty and your mum's undies aren't there, then it's fucked. It'll set you back about $60-$80. Super common any white goods repair shop will have one.

Obviously, unplug the power. The pumps are electromagnetic, plastic and not earthed so you well get fried to fuck if you fuck it up.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Turned out to be mum's undies haha. Well lint everywhere. I blew thru the drain pipe as it was trying to cycle then it cleared haha. Thanks though will refer to this thread if she goes again
Hello :aussie:
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

Shaun wrote:Turned out to be mum's undies haha. Well lint everywhere. I blew thru the drain pipe as it was trying to cycle then it cleared haha. Thanks though will refer to this thread if she goes again
No probs mate :-)

Sent from my Nexus 5