Whitegoods help in here....

Need a hand with a home project, how to fix that bloody roof leak, hang a door etc...
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Re: Whitegoods help in here....

Post by Exar Kun »

We've got a Bosch Avantixx washer dryer (can't find manual or specific model) and it keeps throwing up A:01 and A:02 errors. It goes through pretty much the entire cycle before doing this. It just means we have to unlock the door manually. Any idea what the errors are and what's causing them? Thanks :)
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

Exar Kun wrote:We've got a Bosch Avantixx washer dryer (can't find manual or specific model) and it keeps throwing up A:01 and A:02 errors. It goes through pretty much the entire cycle before doing this. It just means we have to unlock the door manually. Any idea what the errors are and what's causing them? Thanks :)
It could just mean the door catch is faulty and not unlocking automatically. Other than that, I never really had much to do with Bosch washers etc. What does google turn up?

Sent from my Nexus 5
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Difficult to nail anything down with Google unfortunately. Our best chance is probably to find manual.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

Exar Kun wrote:Difficult to nail anything down with Google unfortunately. Our best chance is probably to find manual.
Manuals rarely have the error codes in there. I found most companies were receptive to an email asking what the error code meant.

Sent from my Nexus 5
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Cool, will do that, thanks.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Ello Santaman.. I know most are the same but with just different holding amounts.. I got an issue and google foo is failing me...

Kelvinator 410 cyclic impression series, the freezer on the bottom one.
Model: CB413V-R*7

1, Manual.. for the life of me I can not find it.
2, A globe for the person in the fridge.. no writing on it, L 55mm W 27mm, flat sided, dome top with bayonet connection.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

wobblysauce wrote:Ello Santaman.. I know most are the same but with just different holding amounts.. I got an issue and google foo is failing me...

Kelvinator 410 cyclic impression series, the freezer on the bottom one.
Model: CB413V-R*7

1, Manual.. for the life of me I can not find it.
2, A globe for the person in the fridge.. no writing on it, L 55mm W 27mm, flat sided, dome top with bayonet connection.
Run into any electrical wholesale place mate. They'll have it. There isnt' specific globes. Just find one that fits :)
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Done and done Santa.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

Got one for you that is a bit weird..... Have a 8 year old Maytag upright washing machine, on the Delicate load it gets to the spin cycle and the pump to get the water out does not start every time. Just spins but no pumping out of the water, you stop it, spin the dial back to spin on that cycle, lift it so it turns back on an bam starts pumping...

Model - PAV2300AWW
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

That's a weird one. More than likely needs a new control as it's not turning on the pump each time. This only happens on delicate? How long have you left it on delicate to know it doesn't pump out? Some machines have weird ways of doing delicate washes.

Sent from my Nexus 5
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

had it run all the way to the end of the cycle, as you said pretty weird as I would expect it to do it on all cycles
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

So of you leave it on delicate for say an hour once it's finished, it just stays that way? It doesn't eventually pump out?

Sent from my Nexus 5
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

Basically it will run itself through the cycle (old school knob timer style) and get to the end. Open the lid (finished no noise) and it is sitting there with water in it. It does still 'spin' through the final cycle just does not drain the water
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

First thoughts where you santa..

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Santa, what's your thoughts on Bosch washing machines? My housemate is moving and I'm looking at buying his. A couple of years old, and the price seems good looking online.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

We're waiting on our Bosch washing machine to be repaired at the moment. It's about 7 months old and a control board has died.
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

Bosch weren't good for electrics and parts were/are expensive. It also depends where you live for repair people too. Not much retro fits to them. I'm assuming it's front loading?

Edit - bear in mind that it's been a long time since I've worked with this stuff now and I'm going on 7 years out of the business so things could have changed.

Sent from my Nexus 5
markus

Post by markus »

Santaria wrote:
markus wrote:Bah, my trusty 15ish years old Blomberg oven decided to call it a day.

Both oven lights went out simultaneously (lamps are still ok so not blown - and naturally all the house fuses are ok) and it no longer heats. If I select convection the fan starts to blow (cold) air and the panel works so it gets some electricity. Does that sound like an expensive repair, or should I just go out and get a nice Miele ?
It's probably either blown the element or the control switch (more than likely). Just throw a call out fee at it and see what they dig up. For all the years I've repaired ovens, I can't recall ever working on a Blomberg. Miele's are good, but expensive for repairs. I've said it a few times in this thread: Electrolux, Westinghouse, Simpson and Kelvinator are what I always recommend.
So, the Blomberg was finally beyond repair. Got a nice Miele about 1.5 years ago.

Guess what. Today it blew up mid-baking. No lights, no fan, nothing on the front panel. Completely dead. I wonder if there's an oven in the market that you can actually use for baking 3-4 times/week :rolleyes:
Much cycling such kilometers.
markus

Post by markus »

markus wrote: So, the Blomberg was finally beyond repair. Got a nice Miele about 1.5 years ago.

Guess what. Today it blew up mid-baking. No lights, no fan, nothing on the front panel. Completely dead. I wonder if there's an oven in the market that you can actually use for baking 3-4 times/week :rolleyes:
Quality installation by a qualified electrician.

More pics

:eyepop: Too bad I'm not living in the USA or I'd be rich, however I won't settle for a 20€ store certificate either.
Last edited by markus on Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Much cycling such kilometers.
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

Wow. That's definitely not OK!

Sent from my Nexus 5
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Fark!

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

G'day Santa, or anyone else who can offer their knowledge.

I have a front loading Bosch washing machine and I noticed the drum making a weird noise if I manually turned it. Then felt around the rubber and noticed a coin stuck between the rubber and metal drum, almost as soon as I found the obstruction it dropped underneith the drum. Should I be concerned about it? I have no idea how I'd get it out.
Santaria

Re: RE: Re: Whitegoods help in here....

Post by Santaria »

DexterPunk wrote:G'day Santa, or anyone else who can offer their knowledge.

I have a front loading Bosch washing machine and I noticed the drum making a weird noise if I manually turned it. Then felt around the rubber and noticed a coin stuck between the rubber and metal drum, almost as soon as I found the obstruction it dropped underneith the drum. Should I be concerned about it? I have no idea how I'd get it out.
There's 3 ways to get that coin out: Manoeuvre the machine until the coin drops into the drain pump and fish it out, hope it drops into the drain pump if it's a small coin or take it apart to get it out. You can leave it there but it has a chance of smashing the plastic drum if it catches funny. It's possible to take the hose from the outer drum to the drain pump off and move the machine so you can reach the coin. Good luck, it's a frustrating exercise, lol.

Sent from my Nexus 5
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

lol thanks. I think I'll see how it goes then. It seems like it dropped far enough down that it hopefully won't cause any issues. I guess I'll keep an eye on it.
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

Even though a coin sinks in water, the turbulence of the drum agitating the water moves the coin fairly easily. Just be aware that it can cause a pretty big hole if it doesn't end up in the drain pump.

Sent from my Nexus 5