Whitegoods help in here....

Need a hand with a home project, how to fix that bloody roof leak, hang a door etc...
Shaun

Re: Whitegoods help in here....

Post by Shaun »

Whirlpool AWD60A clothes drier. It still works but the inside doesnt spin. Any idea mate? Cheers
Hello :aussie:
Santaria

Re: RE: Re: Whitegoods help in here....

Post by Santaria »

Shaun wrote:Whirlpool AWD60A clothes drier. It still works but the inside doesnt spin. Any idea mate? Cheers
If it's making a motor noise, the belt is broken. If no motor noise it's either the timer or the motor,likely the timer. Again, If there's motor noise, the belts broken. Easy fix.

Sent from my Nexus 5
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Yeah motors making noise. Diy fix?
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

Shaun wrote:Yeah motors making noise. Diy fix?
Yeah dude. Easy as fix. Pop the back off and have a look. Just buy the belt and the rest is piss easy.

Sent from my Nexus 5
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Alright cool. Where would i get a belt from lol
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Santa, help! :)

We moved into a new place and the dishwasher seems a bit crappy. It's an Omega. We re getting pulverized food being left behind, mainly on the top of the stuff on the top shelf, bowls and things, but have also noticed it on the plates like the image attached.

Any ideas? Is it dead?
IMG_20150630_210520 (1).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

My oldies have the Omega from my new place, they say it is a bit noisy and does the job fine. They don't complain as it was free when there one broke
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

Shaun wrote:Alright cool. Where would i get a belt from lol
Sorry mate. Any white good parts shop. Don't know any where you are.

Sent from my Nexus 5
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

Vilante wrote:Santa, help! :)

We moved into a new place and the dishwasher seems a bit crappy. It's an Omega. We re getting pulverized food being left behind, mainly on the top of the stuff on the top shelf, bowls and things, but have also noticed it on the plates like the image attached.

Any ideas? Is it dead?
One of two things mate: the top spray arm isn't sealing properly against the back of the machine (or the top, can't remember how omega do theirs) or the spray arm doesn't rotate/spray properly because it's not rotating well enough or not enough pressure from being blocked or the main wash pump isn't pushing hard enough.

Just check the top spray arm seals properly against the back (or top) and go from there.

From memory, omega's can leave you out of pocket a bit depending on the parts.

Sent from my Nexus 5
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Santaria wrote:
Vilante wrote:Santa, help! :)

Any ideas? Is it dead?
One of two things mate: the top spray arm isn't sealing properly against the back of the machine (or the top, can't remember how omega do theirs) or the spray arm doesn't rotate/spray properly because it's not rotating well enough or not enough pressure from being blocked or the main wash pump isn't pushing hard enough.

Just check the top spray arm seals properly against the back (or top) and go from there.

From memory, omega's can leave you out of pocket a bit depending on the parts.

Sent from my Nexus 5
Awesome, thank you mate! Wlll check tonight.
Montey

Post by Montey »

Hi all,

We've just purchased a new Ariston free-standing cooker and are getting ready for installation. Does anyone know where to find the "rating plate" so we can determine what its electrical connection requirements are (e.g. do I need a 10Amp or 15Amp socket/circuit)?

Thanks.
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Montey wrote:Hi all,

We've just purchased a new Ariston free-standing cooker and are getting ready for installation. Does anyone know where to find the "rating plate" so we can determine what its electrical connection requirements are (e.g. do I need a 10Amp or 15Amp socket/circuit)?

Thanks.
Nothing online Monty?

Pretty sure the 900mm free standing thing we bought had it in the manual.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Montey

Post by Montey »

There is nothing in the manual.....

As always seems to be the case with such things, minutes after I submitted that post I found a reference on a 'features & benefits' PDF on their website that says it is 230V-240V/50Hz/12.39A. So I think I found my answer on what it wants electrically.

But, it has caused another question....

My old oven was 100% gas (I hate it, I hate it, I hate it!!!!). It did. however, have an electrical connection for the igniters, the rotisserie, and the light. I suspect that the wall plug, where the old oven was plugged in, is probably only a 10Amp socket/circuit.... so.... am I going to have to get an electrician in to rewire that plug/circuit for 15Amps?
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
norbs

Post by norbs »

Montey wrote:There is nothing in the manual.....

As always seems to be the case with such things, minutes after I submitted that post I found a reference on a 'features & benefits' PDF on their website that says it is 230V-240V/50Hz/12.39A. So I think I found my answer on what it wants electrically.

But, it has caused another question....

My old oven was 100% gas (I hate it, I hate it, I hate it!!!!). It did. however, have an electrical connection for the igniters, the rotisserie, and the light. I suspect that the wall plug, where the old oven was plugged in, is probably only a 10Amp socket/circuit.... so.... am I going to have to get an electrician in to rewire that plug/circuit for 15Amps?

technically, yes. :) How old is your house?

or you could do it. Just be aware the earth prong on the wall socket is bigger for 15A sockets from memory. And make sure you up the breaker/fuse. And if you ever have a fire, dont tell insurance it was you. :)

Probably best to get a sparkie in.
Montey

Post by Montey »

Yeah, that's what I feared. The oven actually comes without a plug attached (just bare wire), but yeah, I suspect this just got more expensive than me attaching a 10Amp plug to the wire.

Thanks Norbs.
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

From memory, if it's a proper range (oven & cooktop), it will need to have a 6mm cable run back to the board. So you won't be able to use the standard 2.5mm cable that would have been used as the plug for the gas igniter.

It shouldn't cost too much :)
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Back in the day when I was a sparky an electric oven used to be wired using 4 or 6 mm2 depending on the length of the cable run and it's own 30 amp circuit breaker. A single 20 amp circuit (2.5mm2 cable) on it's own would do for the current needs of this unit, I wouldn't stick a 15 amp socket on an existing socket there otherwise whenever the oven is on and you decide to boil the kettle it will probably trip the breaker for that circuit with them most likely being on the same circuit.
Montey

Post by Montey »

Sparky came in and we did a load test (temporarily applied a 10Amp plug and used an ammeter to verify) and it confirmed it was drawing up to 13amps (when on full crank). So we now have a new circuit on a 20Amp breaker with an isolation switch.

The whole installation of the new oven cost about 40% of the actual oven retail price. It is what it is, but not what I expected.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Montey wrote:Sparky came in and we did a load test (temporarily applied a 10Amp plug and used an ammeter to verify) and it confirmed it was drawing up to 13amps (when on full crank). So we now have a new circuit on a 20Amp breaker with an isolation switch.

The whole installation of the new oven cost about 40% of the actual oven retail price. It is what it is, but not what I expected.

Most electricians charge hard. $90/hour for 1 here.
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

norbs wrote:
Montey wrote:Sparky came in and we did a load test (temporarily applied a 10Amp plug and used an ammeter to verify) and it confirmed it was drawing up to 13amps (when on full crank). So we now have a new circuit on a 20Amp breaker with an isolation switch.

Most electricians charge hard. $90/hour for 1 here.
Overheads drive prices. We used to charge $100 an hour 7 years ago and we were the cheapest by about $20. Licensing and insurance is expensive. Not to mention the risk of death is much higher.

Sent from my Nexus 5
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

I must be a right bastard because I am charging $160/hr as a low voltage sparky. $70-$90 seems to be about right though for any on site work.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
Montey

Post by Montey »

c.j wrote:I must be a right bastard because I am charging $160/hr as a low voltage sparky. $70-$90 seems to be about right though for any on site work.
You charge what you can get away with.

My company has just boosted its engineering hourly rate to $300/hr and our consultants will be more like $400/hr (+GST)