A call out to the brits!

Need a hand with a home project, how to fix that bloody roof leak, hang a door etc...
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Re: A call out to the brits!

Post by Sambo »

Scottie wrote:well I've spontaneously found 3 weeks leave for a euro taster!

why just 3 weeks? well, work demands n such.
why not wait? I have 2 mates over there currently wanting me to go meet them, and an opportune contract gap gives me a little time.

so Sco-tie is going to start in London town, stay in england for 5 days or so, then go via the Nurburgring to Milan for the GP. Topping it all off with a visit to Monte Carlo.

any tips on those places, where to stay or if anyone want's to catch up while I'm there, feel free!

I'll arrive on the PM of August 28th and leave in Sept 17th ex-Milan :)

Scottie's Excited!%#*@#

Stay in the town of Monza, there should be plenty of accomodation there its about the size of adelaide minus the skyscrapers(or what adeladians would call skyscrapers). Though on GP Italy week it might be tricky I guess. Monza is one of the prettiest places I have ever been to, the track is also absolutely amazing. You will love it Scottie!
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

*queue heaps epic huge bump!!*

Shit's getting serious, and I'll be either in Europe by July, or I'll practically have to relegate myself to Melbourne for more years! And Scottie really want's to go!

I've made contact with an Irish cousin who is an IT Recruitment person... rather convenient! but still, I feel limited in my opportunities, given I'm still a few thousand miles away!

I'm tempted to back myself for a few months, and just head over and ride the wave, see what it brings me! I've heard many stories of people joining dots and making it work once there, and not many about getting a job, then moving!

Can I get some opinions before I take a lunge?

:)
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

What opinions do you need?

Get your arse over there ASAP before your old like Herz!

When I was 19 I ran off to Europe with about $1500 and found work as soon as I ran out of cash, one of the best things I ever did.
eek
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Our economy is currently crap, prices are rising, salaries are static and unemployment is slowly climbing. I wouldn't think of coming here at the moment.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
bengatta
Ladies Motorkhana Champion

Post by bengatta »

Big Kev wrote:Our economy is currently crap, prices are rising, salaries are static and unemployment is slowly climbing. I wouldn't think of coming here at the moment.
go to America instead.... :)
They say, any day you wake up not dead is the start of a better day than it could be...

You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice...

You're never too old to learn something stupid....
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

Take your sister. Work will find you.

:D
--------------
Stu
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

I'm saying nothing, for a change.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Woodsy, you dont need to say anything with an avatar like that ..
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

If you have a job here then organise a holiday over to Europe and maybe see if you can take 2 months leave (leave without pay if you have to) and see what happens...... worse case after a couple of months you come home and back to your job :)
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

That's what I was thinking :)

Thanks for the feedback guys!
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

dvestate wrote:If you have a job here then organise a holiday over to Europe and maybe see if you can take 2 months leave (leave without pay if you have to) and see what happens...... worse case after a couple of months you come home and back to your job :)

did the 3-week holiday thing before, I'm not going for a holiday this time, but the leave of absence for a few months is the key :)
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

Scottie wrote:
dvestate wrote:If you have a job here then organise a holiday over to Europe and maybe see if you can take 2 months leave (leave without pay if you have to) and see what happens...... worse case after a couple of months you come home and back to your job :)

did the 3-week holiday thing before, I'm not going for a holiday this time, but the leave of absence for a few months is the key :)
Guy at my work did a similar thing, got 6 months Leave without Pay and has just come back to grab a Redundancy
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

I want to thank everyone here for their help with my move. I'm leaving in 10mins to go to the airport! :D

I'll see you on the other side :)
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

A call out to the brits!

Post by DexterPunk »

All the best Scottie!!! Enjoy it!

Sent from Han Solo using TK-421's phone.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Scottie wrote:I want to thank everyone here for their help with my move. I'm leaving in 10mins to go to the airport! :D

I'll see you on the other side :)

Hacked account! HACKED ACCOUNT!!!!

:D
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.