Anyone Joomla Savvy?

Need a hand with a home project, how to fix that bloody roof leak, hang a door etc...
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Anyone Joomla Savvy?

Post by Hz-Lab »

I've been messing about with Joomla but not really getting anywhere. All I want to do is set up a simple 2 page site, with the home page just being for simple articles with a picture, and then the other page being a Shop to get documents. I have already found a plug in suitable, it's just the initial set up of the site I am struggling with.

Anyone wanna earn a buck? send me a PM on how much and for any more info.

Thanks
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Re: Anyone Joomla Savvy?

Post by dvestate »

Is there a reason for Joomla? Now many documents are you expecting to sell? You could always do a php or html based site (easy to code) and then do all your payments via Paypal or something where you can use Paypal as you Checkout area :)

If you need to use it just google what bits you want to config, I had to do one for someone a while back and watched some youtube vids and read forums for what I needed to do. If you have a template (or can find one you like the format of) its pretty easy to hunt down the pic names and just change the names of the ones you want inserted.

I'm sure ysu will be in here shortly to give the web designer/coder response ;)
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

all i need is a shopfront that is easily manageable to sell image files, Paypal is perfect. Originally I may have only 10 to 20 documents available, but eventually i'd like to house a few hundred, with categories. I don't give a shit how I do it, I just want something that is easy to use and update and looks semi proffesional.
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

You could php it, create menu's and different pages for each category. I would recommend grabbing a copy of Dreamweaver and just start designing it yourself, you can create all your own layout etc. You could give it a crack for free and then go the other way if it is crap. There are plenty of resources out there for Dreamweaver tut's and coding stuff for websites, if you have some sort of idea about programming or coding stuff then it will be easy. If not but you can learn stuff easy you should be right trawling forums/google for exactly what you want.

If you want to do a full online shop type thing then maybe a specific eStore style setup is the way to go
petey

Post by petey »

Joomla is faiiirly self explanatory. Fiddle for long enough and you should figure it out.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
Pinger$

Post by Pinger$ »

Drupal Commerce?

/me runs... :)

(it will be harder than Joomla is my guess)
Luigi only likes Ferraris.