Car Alarms

Need a hand with a home project, how to fix that bloody roof leak, hang a door etc...
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Car Alarms

Post by kwijibo »

Anyone know much about em?

Mine keeps going off randomly. My car batteries are fine.

If I turn if on, and then off instantly, it beeps four times, indicating a disturbance (despite only being armed for a few seconds). This makes me think one of the door or bonnet latch sensors is not working - but I have no idea how to check if that is the case
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Re: Car Alarms

Post by norbs »

Rodent in the car?
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

i had a horn that went off randomly. When i pulled the horn cover off a bit of Kit Kat foil had worked it's way in there and was connecting it so when i'd turn a corner it would set it off at random times. Been eating Kit Kats lately?
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

norbs wrote:Rodent in the car?
It goes detects a disturbance within 2 seconds, so it can't be that. Although the alarm sometimes doesn't sound for quite awhile (last time at 5am. Neighbours loved it)
w00dsy wrote:i had a horn that went off randomly. When i pulled the horn cover off a bit of Kit Kat foil had worked it's way in there and was connecting it so when i'd turn a corner it would set it off at random times. Been eating Kit Kats lately?
Unfortunately not :(

Actually, do kit kats still come in foil!?
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

My car's pretty old so this is unlikely to be relevant but if I leave my phone in the car it often sets the alarm off. I've no idea why, but it does, so is there anything electronic you leave in the car that might be interfering with it?
pab

Post by pab »

w00dsy wrote:i had a horn that went off randomly.
Don't we all!
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Could it be a light switch/sensor thing? On say the boot, bonnet or one of the doors?
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

wabbit wrote:Could it be a light switch/sensor thing? On say the boot, bonnet or one of the doors?
That is my guess... I just don't know how to work it out
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

I doing car security at the moment as part of my auto sparky apprenticeship. If you give me the details of the model of alarm I can dig for some info as to what type of sensors it uses and what can set it off.

There are a few different types and some are susceptible to certain conditions. Some types can be set off by the changing temperature of the dash, when it creaks, it can set off an alarm. Normally through heat, so it wouldn't explain the 5am thing. But you can adjust the sensitivity of the sensors so that may be an option.

I have only just started this module, so be gentle. No info I give will be posted publicly though mate so If you want you can email me. pm for addy.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)