Car Rust Removal

Need a hand with a home project, how to fix that bloody roof leak, hang a door etc...
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Car Rust Removal

Post by kwijibo »

I don't treat my 4wd very well, and as a result, its starting to see some rust. There's a very small (50cent piece) patches where I've copped a dent and the paint is chipped - I'm guessing I can probably sand this back and spray it with primer or something.

There is one patch near the rear door latch though, which is bubbling up under the paint. I suspect a previous owner painted over it, but its now quite large and likely to crumble away if I press it too hard. I think I'm gonna try and sand it all back but before I do - any previous experience here?
Quincy

Re: Car Rust Removal

Post by Quincy »

I've got numerous holes (fittie cent size) scattered around the kombi where i've scraped out the rust and loose paint, whacked on some "rust converter" to the remaining rusted bits, and left for years and years. . . rust busted! Helps if you get to the rear of the rusted metal and treat it as well.
balls & boobs. . .
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

I'll give that a go on the small bits, but I reckon the big bit might be beyond that sort of treatment. Gonna have a bit of a polka dot paint job :)
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

When you fix the rust dont wash it.. paint job done, then you can keep that great dirt protector.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.