Sydney ARSES i need help

Need a hand with a home project, how to fix that bloody roof leak, hang a door etc...
TIMMY30

Sydney ARSES i need help

Post by TIMMY30 »

Hey all,

Planning on flying down to Sydney next Friday morning to pick up a car i am buying. Need a way to get from Sydney airport to Castle Hill.

Looking at Maps it looks like it would be quite a costly taxi ride.

Any advice would be much appreciated :)

Tim
Shaun

Re: Sydney ARSES i need help

Post by Shaun »

no help from me but its not a red vy sv8 with a cam is it? lol
Hello :aussie:
bengatta
Ladies Motorkhana Champion

Post by bengatta »

closest i think you will get by train is Beecroft, then a cab....

train - airport to central, then central to beecroft...

http://www.cityrail.info/stations/network_map

you are correct, airport to castle hill will be more than the flight....
They say, any day you wake up not dead is the start of a better day than it could be...

You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice...

You're never too old to learn something stupid....
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

I'm not travelling by cab much, but what's an extra $100 or two when you're buying a car? And that's compared to paying $25 for shitty trains (ok maybe a bit less - but the airport line is overcharged by a factor of two at least....) then another $25 for the cab, taking twice as long. (depending on the time admittedly - if it's between 7-9 I'd not touch a cab around the city :) )
I wouldn't think it's *that* expensive. I was even thinking of using cabs to travel central coast-airport and back when we went to holidays, because the alternative is parking at/near the airport...and that's not cheap either. Luckily I had ppl to help me out here.

Hell, even an airport pickup will cost $15-$30 plus the fuel...

incidentally; is this correct? It shows a $100 for said route.
http://www.taxifare.com.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Edit: you can work out the train route nicely, too, if you choose that. (using the trip planner)
http://www.cityrail.info/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

Shaun wrote:no help from me but its not a red vy sv8 with a cam is it? lol

:nod:
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

bengatta wrote:closest i think you will get by train is Beecroft, then a cab....

Thanks mate. Appreciate it :)
bengatta
Ladies Motorkhana Champion

Post by bengatta »

TIMMY30 wrote:
bengatta wrote:closest i think you will get by train is Beecroft, then a cab....

Thanks mate. Appreciate it :)
No Worries ol mate, but unfortnately it was terrible advice... a cab will only be a hundred at best but no more than two... don't pay the robbing airport line single adult fare of $16.80... apparently it is overpriced... :)

Obviously if time is of the essence use the cab, sydney traffic is world renowned for its accurate predicatability and wonderful traffic flows, especially on a weekday... :)

Shame it wasn't next sunday instead, I will be at the int airport (after having caught the train there like always), we could have caught up for that coffee to chat car racing we were going to once before, although with a 15 hour haul, instead of coffee I usually have quite a lot of bundy prior... better for sleeping... :)
They say, any day you wake up not dead is the start of a better day than it could be...

You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice...

You're never too old to learn something stupid....
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

Depending on the time I would 100% catch the train to somewhere near Castle Hill, if it is near morning peak it doesn't matter if it is in or out of the city traffic can be a shocker

edit - if you are going to train it to a location close let me know what time you'd be around the Parramatta area, if I have no meetings around that time I could shoot you across from here to Castle Hill :)
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

Hey Timmy - please PM me. Some of the 'advice' you are getting from these car fans on here ain't worth the pixels. :)

Let me know where in Castle Hill you need to get to and I can plan out your trip for you (I'm a public transport consultant who uses PT for everything I can and my recent work on the North West Rail Link means I've travelled to Castle Hill by PT a lot). By far the best and cheapest way to get to Castle Hill from the Airport will be train from the Airport (the station is right in the terminal) to the City, then an M60 or 610 bus via the M2 Busway to Castle Hill. Heaps cheaper and more reliable than taxi by far.

Depending on the time you want to travel, the big issue with a taxi will be reliability - the trip to the city alone can be badly congested.

If you want to search some options, try this website : http://www.131500.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and select Sydney Domestic Airport Station as your starting point.

smith