Pipe leading on to street.

Need a hand with a home project, how to fix that bloody roof leak, hang a door etc...
Santaria

Pipe leading on to street.

Post by Santaria »

I'll try to explain it as best I can:

There's a pipe that runs into the gutter from what I assume comes from my property. We had some decent downpours and it has been trickling pretty heavy into the guttering from then. What pipe is that and what is it generally connected to/draining from? The reason I ask is that the water meter is moving ever so slowly on the last digit with all our taps off etc and there's still water leaking into the street. There's other houses in the street and other streets that appear to have the same thing.

Thanks in advance! Don't want to get stuck with excess water rates.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Re: Pipe leading on to street.

Post by Exar Kun »

If it's into the gutter then it would only be stormwater of some sort I would have thought.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

stick a hose in your gutter (closest to street) and see what?where it comes out on the street.
balls & boobs. . .
plastik8

Post by plastik8 »

It sounds like stormwater as Exar Kun mentioned. If you're not convinced, how about turning off water at the meter and see if water still comes out of the pipe?
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197971333750]Image[/url]
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

Yeah. Was thinking it was just seepage from the recent rain. I will try the two suggestions. Thanks guys.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

Does everybody in your street have their own stormwater pipe or is there a chance that a few of you could be joined and come out in front of your house?
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Do your downpipes all connect directly to stormwater or do some discharge to traps at ground level? A couple of the older suburbs in Canberra don't have a proper stormwater system from downpipes - they just drain the ground (and hope it doesn't rain too much).
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

There seems to be 1 pipe for every 2 houses and downpipes to connect directly to drains here that I assume runs straight to the storm drain (cover is in out yard about 10 meters from that pipe I'm talking about).

Sent from my Nexus 5