Switch help

Need a hand with a home project, how to fix that bloody roof leak, hang a door etc...
c.j
Midget Wanker

Switch help

Post by c.j »

Bit of a stretch but if anyone can help me I will be eternally grateful. I might even arrange a wristy in a back alley for ya :D

I need to replace this switch. I have no idea who makes it or what this type of switch is called. If anything I am just looking to see if someone has seen one before either what this switch is called or who might have it.

It is the switch of a Harris Performance Brembo Clutch perch. I bought this to match the Brembo 19RCS master cylinder for the brake side. The switch has gone open circuit and it's a pain in the ass because I tested it upon arrival to ensure it was working in the same manner as the oem micro switch and it did. I packed the lever away until today, then spent an hour removing the oem perch and lever and then fitting this only for it to not work. Lesson learned, test every time.
20151117_182245.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
Montey

Re: Switch help

Post by Montey »

Does the switch have any other identifying marks on it (numbers, alpha-numeric codes, names, etc...)?

Part of it looks like a fairly simple single-pole push momentary switch; but the shaft coming out of the left, between the two electrical poles, I assume is a connection to a hydraulic line. This would mean that the centre hydraulic line is to engage the brake, whilst the single pole switch element is to activate brake lights. This combination of bits will be unique to this application, so I think your only option will be to contact a supplier of Harris Performance Brembo Clutch kits and try and buy a replacement switch describing it as the "switch from the Harris Performance Brembo Clutch kit". (On the assumption there are no other switches on the part.)

Please note, the above is just a deduction from Googling and a loose electronics background... it is not based on any knowledge of motorcycles. :-)
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

It really just looks like a universal brake light switch found on many older falcons and commodores. Maybe hit up Repco and see if there's something similar? Hit up Boxhead, he's the Repco savant.

Sent from my Nexus 5
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Mont, that is a deceptive photo, the black "shaft" is just a plastic divider between the two contacts. I have just taken the pic side on, unintentionally. I put the thing under a really strong magnifying glass and I cannot find anything to identify the switch. I haven't removed it from the the brass housing for fear that once I do, that is a permanent thing.

Cheers Santa, I will see them tomorrow. I am taking the bike for a road run tomorrow and will be heading to Ashdown Ingram to see if they have anything but definitely will try Repco and there is a parts store that is hidden away local to me that is a bit of gem so I will try them too.

I was hoping you would see the post because I was wondering if you had come across it on any electrical goods etc.

It is a single pole mom switch, with a weird housing that is 0.8mm pitch and M6 size but it is tight. I checked the thread with a pitch guide, but when I put an M6x0.8 tap through the relevant thread on the perch it is tight although it turns.

I don't have a UNC tap and die kit, and being made in England I am guessing it's imperial?

;)
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

This might do it, thanks for the info though gents.

http://www.jaycar.com.au/Electromechani ... g/p/SP0710

;)
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Brembo are shipping me a switch directly, I wasn't able to find anything that fits and being an interference fit in the brass part of the switch when I tried to remove it, it broke.

Oh well, I just have to wait another week. I could bridge the connection but I want it done right.

Thanks for the help anyway gents

;)
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Curiosity got the better of me and I fixed it.
20151118_173209.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

;)