Advice Needed: Truck dropped stones which chipped my windscreen

Need a hand with a home project, how to fix that bloody roof leak, hang a door etc...
plastik8

Advice Needed: Truck dropped stones which chipped my windscreen

Post by plastik8 »

Advice Needed: Truck dropped stones which chipped my windscreen.

My wife was driving (I wasn't there at the time). Have high quality dash cam footage clearly showing the business name of the truck, and the stones dropping from it all over the road, and the one that chipped the windscreen.

The windscreen has since been repaired under our insurance - we have window cover, so no excess, however I wonder if premiums would increase? It was one of those quick fix resin jobs, I think they charge about $90 for it normally.

So the question is... Should I follow this up at all with the trucking company? The company is a local, relatively small company with no Facebook page. They have a phone number and an address.

Video to follow shortly...
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197971333750]Image[/url]
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Re: Advice Needed: Truck dropped stones which chipped my windscreen

Post by r8response »

Is it really worth your time (financially etc) going after a small company over a cracked windscreen?
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

We tried chasing down a local quarry for copping a chip on a brand spanking, fitted that day windscreen after copping a chip from the same quarry's truck the week before. All I can say is good luck. We tried and tried and got nowhere.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

If you claimed it through insurance, let the insurance co. deal with it. I doubt they'll care over that much. They're the people to ask if your premiums will be affected too.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
plastik8

Post by plastik8 »

Cheers guys. Looks like I'll let it slide. I might send them an email with a link to the video to let them know they need to do a better job at securing their load in the future. See if they reply.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197971333750]Image[/url]
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

One thing I'd do; clean the car and check the front for chips. That may cause some extra cost and eventually create a big enough bill to warrant going after them.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?