iRacing Chat

iRacing
GT VIRUS

Re: iRacing Chat

Postby GT VIRUS » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:16 pm

And this happens in almost every big event they run. I never attempted them seriously because I knew something would fuck up

Shaun

Postby Shaun » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:13 pm

Norbs this is the company that literally decided a week before the event to take out the gt cars and replace them with gte cars that only got released on Tuesday so teams that had heaps of practice before etc had to go buy the new car lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Hello :aussie:

norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Postby norbs » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:16 pm

Shaun wrote:Norbs this is the company that literally decided a week before the event to take out the gt cars and replace them with gte cars that only got released on Tuesday so teams that had heaps of practice before etc had to go buy the new car lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Wow. That would agitate me if I had been training in a GT car. And then forced to buy a new car. wow, sounds exactly like Telstra. :D Actually, it sounds like Apple now. :rofl:
ImageImage
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.

Sarsippius

Postby Sarsippius » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:32 pm

Steve Myers wrote:Hi All,

Sorry for my delayed response. I have been tied up in life outside of iRacing for the last 24 hours.

I know it is just words but we do apologize for the issue with the 24 hour race. We became aware late in the week last week that there might be a software issue specific to the Le Mans track. When discussing our options we came to the conclusion that we really only had 2 options. Run the race in the hope that it was not a major issue or cancel the race and let you down by not being able to run in an event that may not have issues. So really not an ideal situation with either option and of course the issue was bigger than we had hoped.

This is not a server or network issue. This is an issue specific to the track that as of this moment we still are not sure what it is. We have had a debugger attached to race servers that are running and we have not been able to get the issue to happen with those machines.

I wish I had more information for you at this time but I don't. We will continue to look for the issue and when we get it fixed we will reschedule the event. Yes this is a crappy situation but we push very hard to try and deliver as much as we can to the service as quickly as we can. Sometimes we are going to push too hard and have errors happen. I am sorry again that the race did not go smoothly.

Thanks for your understanding.

Steve

I was openly critical of them for removing the GT1 and GT2 cars but they had their valid reasons and it seemed most people wanted the change. I doubt I will re-run the event, we got hit by the bug two times but it was still a good race, nearly 9 hours on track, 130 laps done and it was more than worth it for me.

KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Postby KNAPPO » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:04 pm

Ouch.
Perez: "Do you like my pace, do you like it?"

“Fernando we are considering plan B, how are the tyres?”
Alonso: “Do whatever you want, man.”

Return to “iRacing”