Setups

iRacing
pab

Re: Setups

Post by pab »

They removed all setups from their forum yesterday as a (over)reaction to some critisism from a few people on the iRacing forums.
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
gasking

Post by gasking »

Hey guys, im after a setup for the Mazda infineon IRL for next week, gona make my debut. cant realy find a setup anywhere
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

gasking wrote:Hey guys, im after a setup for the Mazda infineon IRL for next week, gona make my debut. cant realy find a setup anywhere
this would be as close as I have. I like wolfgangs sets. always have since GPL. hope it works for you :yes:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
--------------
Stu
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Usually Wolfgang and Volker will upload a setup on setup-guru by around Tuesday. Sometimes I like one or the other, on fast tracks WW will tend to have a more stable setup with more wing so I use his. On tight tracks like this week VH really winds on the wing compared to WW which I prefer.
I'm not sure I tried WW's setup for Infineon last time around but I used VH's setup which had a lot of wing which you seem to need at Infineon. Especially at the T2 right hander over the crest the rear will step out very easily without enough wing to keep it down.
You probably could have picked a better track to start out on, RA last week would've been a good introduction, wide and fast with flat kerbs.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

gasking wrote:Hey guys, im after a setup for the Mazda infineon IRL for next week, gona make my debut. cant realy find a setup anywhere
Just load up the beginner default set, it's actually pretty good usually. If not, then dialing in a bit of rear rollbar or similar adjustment should help to make it a bit more tail-happy :)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
gasking

Post by gasking »

thanks Bauer that feels nice as. now its just a matter of finding a race
TCR

Post by TCR »

Hey guys,

Anyone have any setups for the Road Racing Legends?

I've looked on the iRacing forum but there aren't any setups for these cars in our club section yet?

Thanks.
iRacing - Paul Chapman
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Yep - same same
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

I've posted a link on the other thread too, here it is again;
http://www.teamredline.co.uk/download.p ... %20America

Volker's set is excellent.

Edit; oops I did not really read you were looking for legends set. sorry :melt:
Last edited by ysu on Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Send Reg Burke a PM. I'm sure he'll have one, and he's an Aussie so maybe he'll post it in the setup forum for us :)
TCR

Post by TCR »

DarrenM wrote:Send Reg Burke a PM. I'm sure he'll have one, and he's an Aussie so maybe he'll post it in the setup forum for us :)
Thanks Darren. I've also seen Peter Read doing quite well in these things but I felt a bit funny just asking these guys for their setups. Doesn't hurt to ask I guess :)
iRacing - Paul Chapman
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

peter read is a fuck head.

has to be said.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

I'm in dire need of a radical setup.

Bit the bullet, bought sebring with my iR credit +$10US . Great track. I feel ok on it in the mazda, using the setup for RoadAmerica. But I need a radical set for it badly. But can't find one.

There must be more to it as well. In a recent open praccy, people were running around 2:01-2:02 (me 2:02.5) and then a chap called Richard Towler came in and put in a 1:55 That can't be just setup, he knows some shortcut :)

Seriously, if you guys know the trick for this combo, have a good set, anything...please come forward! Those washboardings in the last + first corner are especially killing me.
Simone Gelli

Post by Simone Gelli »

lol i was on a practice session last night with mc lean and he was 1:55 dunno what i am doing wrong ....even ben cornett was on a 1:56 i cant come to term with it i am using huttu set up but to no avail(of course).....very scary track with the radical at sebring my best is 2:01 of course i could go in the 1:59s but thats about it lol :aussie:
http://www.teamredline.co.uk/download.p ... ernational
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

I scraped into the 57's after practicing it for a whole day almost non-stop. Stuffed if I know where the other 2.5 seconds are. Setup doesn't seem to make much difference for me around here. It seems to be mainly down to the tyres. Drop them about 4 clicks from the advanced default has and it rides the bumps much better. Keep your ride height around 50mm/2" as well. Any lower and it starts skipping on the bumps for me.

In the first and last corner, take a wide entry and try to square it off at the apex where the bumps are and you can get through much better. In T1 I basically just follow the yellow line in.

There's a setup and replay from Shawn Purdy here that should help. Watch the replay 5 or 6 times full screen
http://members.iracing.com/iforum/threa ... 25&#311025
Simone Gelli

Post by Simone Gelli »

[quote="DarrenM"]I scraped into the 57's after practicing it for a whole day almost non-stop.

i feel better :kangaroo:
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

thanks Darren, I will try my best :)
Ap0c

Post by Ap0c »

Sebring in the radical is a tough combination, i hate to thing how i'd go in a 27 lap race there. probably something to the accord of -0.70 SR or something to that effect lol. Best i've managed is a a 58.5 in testing. Don't think i'll be making tonight's race. Not enough practice, plus i gotta go out.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

I thought this is a better place for setups rather than leaving them in the generic chat :)
Here's the Sebring set for a repeat, and also the set for Laguna as it is at the moment - still not fully happy with it, but it's getting better.
It's a more oversteery set, and it's very happy to turn in which I think is required here. Happy to listen to pointers, how to improve on it.
Sometimes things can be greatly improved by little changes, eg this one got heaps better by adding 5 clicks of camber to the rear - it was rather skittish before.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

ok here's the good stuff.
26.3 pb, and 25.8 optimal with this one.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

A mostport setup for those struggling. Got good feedback on it and it lasts the race well if you don't do stupid things.
20.1 pb - might go faster with a better driver, dunno :D
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

here is the set im using for the impala B open series. Great set. start out doing 11.3's in race trim and at the end of a fuel run i was still doing 1.12''s
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Here's the setup I was talking about in the chat.
It's RoadAmerica, original setup by Ales Paper, with small tweaks on it.
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

Heaps epic bump!

I've been trying to find a setup analyser or something to help me calculate the ideal damping settings for each car... and am struggling to find a simple excel spreadsheet that I can punch some parameters into to get the job done!

Last time I had one was using Colcob's one in LFS, which I found really useful. Since then there's the VHPA tool, but it's not compatible with 64-bit systems now, generating OCX error messages despite the file being registered...

Anyone know of something I might have missed? or am I going to have to make it myself?
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

if win7, have you tried winXP compatibility mode.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.