iRacing Chat

iRacing
hylas

Re: iRacing Chat

Post by hylas »

I'm with nutty on this one. Going to give it some time, see what keeps popular and then decide on a purchase. I too have a bit of content on this service that has done nothing but collect digital dust.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

It's funny looking at the practice servers. There's lots of people in the later sessions to get to the fresher tracks. After about an hour the track is black and slick and nothing like you'll find in any of the current race sessions.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

So there's no seperate dirt licence & it's just tied to your Oval iR & SR?
I can't remember if they did announced there was going to be a separate dirt license or that it was just forum chatter?

If so then I guess that means Rallycross will be tied to your road license...

What about the incident sensitivity is it the same as for tarmac?
I don't particularly care about either but if it is I'm sure it'll adversely impact the racing & /or the participation in the long term.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
pab

Post by pab »

Currently it's tied to oval, they'll look at separating it down the track at some stage.

SR hit is half normal (so getting tangled with another car is 2X rather than 4).
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Thanks Pab, good to see SR is relaxed. I was reading after posting that some guys could rub all race long & it only gave them 0x notifications. :yes:
Dukester

Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

After 2 races my SR actually went up.

There's plenty of room to move, not much to worry about.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

:rofl:

Dukester

Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

Wonder if the tractor will become another easter egg along the lines of Dale and Steve at upcoming tracks?
XLV SPORT
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Another lame April 1st attempt :rolleyes:

The only one to have done an April fools right this year has been in Star Trek Online. They put in an sfx sound pack on the last patch that replace all the lasers and shit with people making the sfx noises. It's as funny as hell.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Loving the dirt stuff.

No sound on this, as I didn't have it setup properly to record it.

I apparently tied with the guy for 3rd but he got the points. Was a lot of fun.

Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Yeah I've been watching a lot of Empty Box and Matt Malone Dirt races but haven't actually tried anything myself yet. It sounds like the street stock isn't that great and I don't want to buy the other dirt content. The races also seem like they're too short. Anyway it seems like iRacing are onto a good thing :up:
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

I haven't messed around with the street stock at all really, mostly the Sprint car.

I don't know that the races are too short. Your typical feature race at the speedway is generally anywhere between 30 and 50 laps. These are 35, which is pretty typical of the real thing.

The Outlaws were in town last weekend, so I went to check them out.

https://goo.gl/photos/JxeHtKKK1y2KbxTq5

That was a 30 lap final, so if anything, shorter than iRacing.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk
Dukester

Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Looks good, hopefully when you get repairs we'll have bonnets replaced with new straight ones.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Release Notes for 2017 Season 2 Patch 3 [2017.04.05.02]
Pit
- Fixed a bug where changing the fuel add level could cause the sign guy to keep waving his sign endlessly, possibly causing a driver to be stuck in the pits.

Controllers
- Analog axis is now preferred over digital axis when calibrating controls. This helps PS4 and T80 controllers calibrate properly.

CARS:
Audi R8 LMS GT3
- GT3 BoP Adjustment: Rear wing adjustment sensitivities have been adjusted.
- Baseline setups have been updated.

BMW Z4 GT3
- GT3 BoP Adjustment: Slightly reduced the rate of fuel use.

Dirt Late Model
- (ALL) - Tel Tac digital display now shows the correct amount of digits.
- (ALL) - The Craftsman paint scheme has been added as a fixed paint scheme.

Dirt Sprint Car
- (ALL) - Garage Updates: Allow down to 3 valve on front rebound, offset 0 turns preload settings to typical baseline ride heights / CW and limit +- 3 turns in any corner, swapped rear wheel offset to "spacing" nomenclature and went to typical measurement values.
- (ALL) - The top wing should no longer disappear when damaged.
- (ALL) - The Craftsman paint scheme has been added as a fixed paint scheme.
- (ALL) - The passenger side numbers should now slant in the correct direction with user Paint Kit selection.

Dirt Street Stock

Ford GT GT3
- GT3 BoP Adjustment: Minimum weight has been increased by 20 kg.
- GT3 BoP Adjustment: Fuel usage rate has been reduced slightly.

Mercedes-AMG GT3
- GT3 BoP Adjustment: Fixed a bug in the re-tuning of straightline speed to match performance from before the tire construction and compound changes.

NASCAR Camping World Toyota Tundra
- This vehicle will now use the 2017 decal package.

NASCAR Monster Energy Cup Chevrolet SS
- Season setups have been updated.
- Fixed an issue that would cause a pull to the right under braking. Please note that toe needs to be reset along with CW / FARB preload in the garage.

NASCAR Monster Energy Cup Ford Fusion
- Fixed an issue that would cause a pull to the right under braking. Please note that toe needs to be reset along with CW / FARB preload in the garage.

NASCAR Monster Energy Cup Toyota Camry

NASCAR XFINITY Ford Mustang
- This vehicle now has a new fixed Paint Scheme that will be making its real world debut on June 24th at Iowa Speedway for the American Ethanol E15 250 Presented by Enogen with Ty Majeski behind the wheel!

Porsche 911 GT3 Cup Car (991)
- This vehicle is now able to flash its headlights.

TRACKS:
Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari
- Adjusted some track surface areas to reduce the appearance of "floating" cars.

The Bullring
- Scenic cameras have been enabled.

Volusia Speedway Park
- Fixed an issue where the yellow tires would sometimes not be drawn by the screen.
Dukester

Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

I like watching races on youtube so I thought I might put up some of my own, this is a bit of a test run from a replay from last week but I'll start recording in VR and see how that goes. I don't know if these will really interest anyone :shrug:

TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

That was cool Sarsi. Bit of commentary wouldnt go astray :D
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Thanks but yeah I'm not much of a talker at the best of times :) We'll see, if I get more views and people keep requesting it I might have to give it a go.

I captured a few races live in VR at Nords this week but it seems there's something glitchy with that track, the video was very jumpy and hard to watch.

This is a race I still remember from a couple years ago

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

iRacing have announced a new partnership with the United States Auto Club (USAC) as the famed sanctioning body’s premier online motorsports simulation partner.
This agreement will lead to the release of the 410 and 360 non-winged USAC Sprint Cars as raced in the popular AMSOIL USAC National Sprint Car Championship.
If all goes as planned, the new content should become available on April 24th.

Furthermore, Steve Myers also confirmed that Kokomo, Belleville, and the Knoxville Raceway dirt tracks will be coming to the iRacing service in the near future.

We’re excited to partner with USAC in creating official iRacing series for our 410 and 360 non-winged sprint cars,” says Steve Myers, Executive Vice President and Executive Producer for iRacing.com.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Release Notes for 2017 Season 2 Patch 4 [2017.04.21.01]
SIM
- Fixed an application certificate signing issue that could occur when using the app with Microsoft Edge.

Paint Kit (Duke's comment: "No more white cars (or need to use Trading Paints if you don't want), Yay!!!")
- All cars that have never been painted by a user, including new purchases, will now automatically have the user's helmet color scheme applied to them along with a random pattern and a random set of sponsors. The helmet color scheme will also be applied to the user's suit if it has never been painted.
- - If a user has never painted their helmet, they will now be given a random pattern and color scheme that in turn will be applied to the user's suit and cars as described above.
- - Remember, you can change your helmet, suit, and car colors, patterns, and sponsors at any time using the "Customize Paint Schemes" page found under the "Account" menu on the iRacing.com membersite.

Dirt
- The dirt and dust thrown by digging into the cushion has been updated.

Peripherals
- Improved the pedal calibration routine.

CARS:
Dirt Late Model

- (ALL) - 1st gear has been removed.
- (Pro) - Improved engine sound samples.
- (ALL) - Opponent cars' wheel positions have been adjusted so they should now appear to contact the track surface better, and not appear to stick into the fenders.

Dirt Sprint Car
- (ALL) - Fuel economy has been adjusted.
- (ALL) - Damage modeling has been updated.
- (360) - Improved engine sound samples.
- (ALL) - Opponent cars' wheel positions have been adjusted so they should now appear to contact the track surface better.
- (ALL) - Crossweight (CW) bounds have been increased.
- (ALL) - The garage tech constraint on tube heights has been removed.
- (ALL) - Maximum rear stagger in the garage has been reduced from 17" to 14" based on real-world driver feedback.

Dirt Sprint Car - Non-Winged
- NEW CAR!

- - While some organizations - most notably the World of Outlaws - have gone the route of winged sprint cars, the United States Auto Club (USAC) has remained faithful to the traditional, non-winged sprint cars that have served as the bedrock of grassroots open wheel racing since World War II. This is the Dirt Sprint Car you know and love, but without the stabilizing wings. This classic dirt car is guaranteed to provide even the most experienced dirt racers with a truly challenging and exciting racing experience.
- - There are two classes of this vehicle available, both of which are included when purchasing this new vehicle. The classes are:
- - - Dirt Sprint Car - Non-Winged - 360 C.I.D. engine (Based on the USAC 360 West Coast Sprint Car)
- - - Dirt Sprint Car - Non-Winged - 410 C.I.D. engine (Based on the USAC 410 Sprint Car)

NASCAR Monster Energy Cup Chevrolet SS
- Additional vehicle setups have been added.

NASCAR Monster Energy Cup Ford Fusion

NASCAR Monster Energy Cup Toyota Camry

NASCAR XFINITY Toyota Camry
- This vehicle's ambient occlusion texture map has been updated.

NASCAR XFINITY Chevrolet Camaro

NASCAR XFINITY Ford Mustang

TRACKS:
Eldora Speedway

- Starting stalls have been angled slightly to the right.

USA International Speedway
- (Dirt Configuration) - Starting stalls have been angled slightly to the right.

Volusia Speedway Park
- The pit entry area should no longer cause off-track penalties.

Williams Grove Speedway
Dukester

Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Jiminee and I had a great result at the Nurburgring 24hr over the weekend, in the third of six splits we took 3rd in class in the Porsche and 5th outright! Such a brutal race, if not for a mistake I made costing us about 15 minutes we might have even taken the win but a race like this I don't think any team comes away unscathed and 3rd was still an awesome result :up:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Time Attack - iRacing (GPL) Rank #Soon
Also shows some of the much anticipated new UI system.

Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

:up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:
I was already thinking of running the IMSA series next season. Now it looks like everyone else will be too, not sure that's a good or bad thing though... :vibes:

EDIT: It appears the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (991) is to be removed along with the BMW Z4 GT3 while the Audi R8 LMS & Mercedes AMG GT3 cars will remain as this more closely follows the current real life IMSA series having DPi, GTLM & GTD (GT3).
Ford GT GTLM/GTE Coming to iRacing

“We previously announced that we licensed and that we are building the Ferrari 488 GTE car.

What we did not announce but I’m happy to announce now is that we also licensed the Ford GT GTE car that won Le Mans last year.

I am also glad to say both cars are completed and submitted for manufacturer approval. That can take a short amount (days) of time or quite a bit of time (weeks). They also could come back asking for tweaks or with questions which delays the process.

However our hope is both or at least one car will be in the early June build. If not, we will release upon approval. We also cannot release any videos or photos until approved FYI.

Our plans for these cars in regard to the official series is to put both cars in the IMSA series in the same class. We would take the GT3 cars out of that series, the Porsche would stay in the IMSA series.

The iRacing Le Mans race starts June 10th. We hope that one or both of the cars are in the initial build or very shortly after so any interested members would have enough time to get in some practice for that race. Odds are quite good that will be the case. We would put one or both cars in the Le Mans race if that is the case, again in the same class. We would likely pull the Ford GT2 car out of the race. Therefore it would be the HPD, the two GT1 cars and one or both of the GTE cars. In the chance we don’t have a GTE car, we would keep the Ford GT2 car in place and still run the race that day.

Good racing!”

Tony Gardiner
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

A couple of nice new cars but it's just a shame the only place to race them will be in multi-class.

Gotta say I'm also annoyed they're messing with Le Mans only a few weeks out from the race.