Free trial?

iRacing
9ra55h0ppaH
Master artist
Master artist

Re: Free trial?

Post by 9ra55h0ppaH »

pab wrote:If you get the Mazda with your starter package you wouldn't need the SB or Jetta, you drive the rookie cars until you promote to D, keep driving them until you are 4.0+ on D, then you can drive the Mazda (and can keep driving it until you are 4.0+ in B which makes you elligible to drive A cars, like the Dallara).

Although, I have to say, personally I prefer most of the lower class cars over the upper class ones (although that's probably just my lack of ability talking).
Sounds like i want the Skip then, im a bit wild with more powerful cars :p I played iRacing for a month a while ago, the solstice started to bore me, the skip might alleviate that :)

So:
Starter Pack: $10
+
Skip ($10) + 5 Road courses (Assuming $15ea): $85 ($66 with 20% discount)
=$76USD

Or, the Skip + 2 Road courses at $40 ($36 with 10% discount)
=$46
Now with Added Flickr
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

9ra55h0ppaH wrote:Right, so i buy the mazda package, then id need the Skip Barber or the Jetta, along with a whole pile of tracks to complete the season?
No, you can skip every 2nd level and you don't have to buy all the cars/tracks for the season. You just won't be able to compete in that series during the week where you don't have the track. All content is free for the Rookie series, so that is always available to race and Watkins Glenn is the only track to buy to do a full Spec Racer season. It's your best 8 of 12 for the season as well, so you can skip 4 weeks and still get full championship points.

Advancement strategy:

Get the Mazda promo

This weekend, (before 10am Tuesday 27th) do the participation requirements for advancement in the Solstice. You need to do 2 races or 4 time trials and get your SR over 4. That doesn't take long if you just keep it on the track and do laps. A couple races, a couple qualifying sessions and a few tt's will get you there so long as they're clean, but don't stress about the occasional bingle or off. They don't hurt you that much unless you crash out in the 1st lap and don't finish the race.

NB: Rookie promotions are only every 4 weeks, so if you don't get those 2 races or 4 TT's in before next tuesday morning you'll have to wait 5 weeks! before you can start advancing.

Stay away from the week 13 rookie races next week. Everyone seems to forget SR is enabled in them so they're a crapfest which will kill your SR.

That completed you'll be promoted to D on Tuesday 4th May, continue to work your SR in the solstice/SRF until it's back up over 4.0 and you'll be able to jump straight into the Mazda or V8 Supercar.

4 races or 4 time trials in the Mazda or V8 and enough clean laps to keep your SR over 4 and that will get you up to B license. Once there with an SR over 4.0 you can jump into the Dallara.

Realistically, you'd be looking at spending the long weekend cranking the solstice/SRF to meet promotion requirements. Then a full season in the Mazda, then the Dallara after that. So 3 days solstice/SRF, 3 months of Mazda, then Dallara.

The skippy is a great car to race, so you'll be missing out if you don't try it at some point. Don't bother with the Jetta.

For tracks if you're definitely going the Mazda route I'd get the first few for the season and see if you want to continue once your month runs out. Road America, Sebring and Brands Hatch are the first 3 for the Mazda. The chart posted above will help you get value for money for your track choices.

If you pre-order the V8 and Phillip island along with the other stuff you buy you'll get $6 credit back. That promo ends today though.
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by Gizmo »

The skip and mazda will always have someone racing and offical races. I've never driven the skip but i'm pretty sure the mazda is easier to drive.

I assume you'll be interested in the v8 also?

Theres another way to it. Take the indycar promo which gives you 3 months. Race the rookie cars and get your D Lic. Then continue to race the rookie cars to get a safty rating of 4.0 or higher with your D lic, then you can race the v8's :) The buy the tracks you need/want...
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

Darren has seemed to do alittle bit better job than me :P
9ra55h0ppaH
Master artist
Master artist

Post by 9ra55h0ppaH »

God, this is all a bit confusing. I Think ill leave it for a few weeks as im working all weekend, there is no public holiday for ANZAC day in Tasmania, and don't really want to lock myself away for what time i have this weekend cranking around in that crappy solstice! :p

but, if I did (2 races/4 TT's don't sound too hard to achieve) I have to keep using the Spec Racer & Solstice until my SR is at least 4.0 (I assume this gets reset every time you go up a license level?) then I can compete with the Mazda? if that was the case, id probably just buy Watkins Glen, road America and Sebring, so i can do the Spec racer series, and start in the mazda one?
Now with Added Flickr
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

You'd be looking at 4 hours lapping maybe. You'd only need to do 2 races before Tuesday (don't think you even need to finish them), then you could get the SR in qual sessions next week.

It doesn't reset when you advance, it only drops down 1.0, so you don't have to do a lot to keep it going up.

Watkins is only used for 2 of the 12 weeks in the SRF series, so it's not hugely necessary. All the other tracks are free. It's used in all the other series though, so if you get into it you'll be buying it at some point.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

9ra55h0ppaH wrote: but, if I did (2 races/4 TT's don't sound too hard to achieve) I have to keep using the Spec Racer & Solstice until my SR is at least 4.0 (I assume this gets reset every time you go up a license level?)
No, it does not re-set, but it 'falls' one whole value at every step up. So from rookie 4.56 you go up to D 3.56, then from there on to C 2.56 (assuming it does not change - tho it will)
I could explain the whole system to confuse you more, but this is all you need to know for now, about this. :)

Edit: I'll shut up, Darren is here to explain everything in his quick and efficient ways ;)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?