Free trial?

iRacing
Virtual-R
Ninja Roy

Free trial?

Post by Virtual-R »

Hey Guys, just got my wheel back and keen to try out iRacing, just wondering if there is still a 1 month free trial coupon floating around? everything I've found seems to be from 2009
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Re: Free trial?

Post by NeilPearson »

nope not atm,

http://www.iracing.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

$5 USD for one month, surely you can afford that ;)
Virtual-R
Ninja Roy

Post by Virtual-R »

Cool didn't see that before, I'll give it a go :)
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

was the $5 a limited offer? i was going to give it a go but can only see a $14 option.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

found it, signed up, now worried i'm going to really like it and will empty my pockets :doh:
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Make sure you check out the Australia Club forums down at the bottom of the forum page.

Ford V8 and Phillip Island will be out in 2 weeks :yummy:

If you pre-order them together by the 23rd you'll get $6 credit back when it's released.

It seems Holden wanted too much money for licensing, so we only get the Falcon at this point.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Oooh, that looks nice!!
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Some larger work in progress shots here

http://www.virtualr.net/iracing-com-fir ... -previews/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Awesome, thanks Darren.

Will have a bit more free time starting in May, might have to sign up :)
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by Gizmo »

How are you getting on Virtual-R?
Virtual-R
Ninja Roy

Post by Virtual-R »

Up and running now, bout to give it a go
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

They are running a new deal atm, 3 month for $25 along with Tallageda...

http://www.iracing.com/iracing-world-tour-2010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

$10 for 1 month plus Mazda and Mosport
http://www.iracing.com/grand-prix-masters/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

$24 for 3 months plus the Indycar
http://www.iracing.com/promotions/dallaraindycar/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Hmm I dont own either, I might get hte mazda as im likely to race it first
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

These are only for new accounts. They don't work for existing members.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

sigh =(
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Yeah it's nasty.
Faithful customers are left off all the good promo offers...it's like that everywhere in the world.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
9ra55h0ppaH
Master artist
Master artist

Post by 9ra55h0ppaH »

Are there any "tutorials" around demonstrating how to work your way up the ranks in iRacing while spending as little as possible?... im quite tempted by the Dallara deal to give it a proper whirl
Now with Added Flickr
pab

Post by pab »

Sure, but faithful customers (who race regurlarly) are given US$10 credit every 13 week season (US$40 per year) for participation, so not so nasty, everyone gets their share.
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

9ra55h0ppaH wrote:Are there any "tutorials" around demonstrating how to work your way up the ranks in iRacing while spending as little as possible?... im quite tempted by the Dallara deal to give it a proper whirl
no tutorials but it's fairly simple; keep it clean, jump 2 levels if/when you can.

Get up to D from rookie (that's instant now, IIRC), then Buy a D categ car (skip?) race it; get up to D4.01 + Then buy a B categ car and race it.

I'm not sure if they've changed the D+ licence upgrades as well, it might also be quicker.

The key to all of this is to be clean and avoid other's mistakes as well. Can be tough, higher up, the cost of incidents raise steeply.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

pab wrote:Sure, but faithful customers (who race regurlarly) are given US$10 credit every 13 week season (US$40 per year) for participation, so not so nasty, everyone gets their share.
but only if you race every week (maybe false?), and you must actually achieve something IIRC as well, not just be on the line at the start; and the amount applies only if you're up at lic.A, right?
Lower licence gets less
So you need to buy a helluva lot of content before that, and you can't go to holidays either...and you need to be a very dedicated racer, too. (espeically in series where there's only a couple of races run in your timeslot a week!)

The point is; it's a whole different thing, altho it's a positive, it's not geared at the average customer but the avid racer.
Last edited by ysu on Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

9ra55h0ppaH wrote:Are there any "tutorials" around demonstrating how to work your way up the ranks in iRacing while spending as little as possible?... im quite tempted by the Dallara deal to give it a proper whirl
One of the aussie guys put together a pdf with all the cars, and what tracks they use. It's very handy. A massive help in keeping the cost down.

http://www.projectrb.com/iRacingTracks.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If it were up to me, i would go the the mazda deal because you get a car and a track with that. And mosport is used in most series i think. Iracing will give you $4 credit for each series you do per season, up to $10. By the time you have the licence to drive the indy car, you'll have the credits for it!
pab

Post by pab »

ysu wrote:
pab wrote:Sure, but faithful customers (who race regurlarly) are given US$10 credit every 13 week season (US$40 per year) for participation, so not so nasty, everyone gets their share.
but only if you race every week (maybe false?), and you must actually achieve something IIRC as well, not just be on the line at the start; and the amount applies only if you're up at lic.A, right?
Lower licence gets less
So you need to buy a helluva lot of content before that, and you can't go to holidays either...and you need to be a very dedicated racer, too. (espeically in series where there's only a couple of races run in your timeslot a week!)

The point is; it's a whole different thing, altho it's a positive, it's not geared at the average customer but the avid racer.
You need to get to (from memory) half way in a race in 8 of the 12 weeks in a series. You get $7 credit for B and above cars and $4 for C and D (nothing for Rookie), so 2 races a week for 2/3rd of the weeks of the season, that seems like the average racer rather than the avid fan to me, doesn't it? That distance equates to about an hour (or a little under) a week, or 8 hours of driving in a 13 week season.
PB
9ra55h0ppaH
Master artist
Master artist

Post by 9ra55h0ppaH »

Right, so i buy the mazda package, then id need the Skip Barber or the Jetta, along with a whole pile of tracks to complete the season? i read here to just get Road Atlanta & Infineon if I bought 3 things, and the above plus VIR, Sebring and New Hampshire to get a 20% discount by buying 6 items... would i need to buy the extra circuits anyway, or do i just keep bashing around the ones I have?

by the way, how much does a track/car cost? gotta work out what ill be forking out, probably dont have an issue going for 6 items in the beginning, seeing as the beginners membership would be a spit in the bucket :)
Now with Added Flickr
pab

Post by pab »

Cars cost US$10 and tracks between $10 and $15 (most road tracks are $15). Someone will correct me if I'm wrong here, but, if you get the Mazda with your starter package you wouldn't need the SB or Jetta, you drive the rookie cars until you promote to D, keep driving them until you are 4.0+ on D, then you can drive the Mazda (and can keep driving it until you are 4.0+ in B which makes you elligible to drive A cars, like the Dallara).

Although, I have to say, personally I prefer most of the lower class cars over the upper class ones (although that's probably just my lack of ability talking).
PB