Looking for Fast, stable Setups in general

iRacing
VIPEROSI

Looking for Fast, stable Setups in general

Post by VIPEROSI »

I was just wondering if you guys who are more involved in the iracing community know of good download links or sources for setups that are at the pointy end when it comes to pace.

In general the average guys are great with sharing setups on the forums, but most of the faster guys dont share there sets which is unforunately to be expected.

I mainly compete in the Indy car series, Proto/GT and v8supercars currently so they are the sets that im looking for but ive just been upgraded to an A licence and will probably get involved in the F1 car series next season.

Basically im also hoping this thread might become a source for everyone to come to and grab a decent set.

I have always struggled creating setups as the pc lacks the real world feel that i would be using to make decisions regarding setup choices. Generally my setups take me down the wrong path so i prefer to find a setup thats already complete and modify it if need be but just get down to practicing and racing.

Not so interested in Alien setups that are undrivable, but if current super fast setups are available they may as well be posted.

Any help would be appreciated!

Setup Packs i have found useful :

Paul Ibrinks 11 season 3 Star Mazda Setups
http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts ... 13295.page

TNT Star Mazda Qualifying Setup Pack
http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts ... 65202.page

Peter Reads V8supercar Setups
http://www.orionraceteam.com/forum/view ... f=15&t=491

Madison Down V8 Supercar Championship Setups inc SVG setups
http://www.gamefront.com/files/20604127 ... Setups.zip

Gregger Huttus 2010 season 3 indy car setups (i find most of them undrivable!)
http://www.teamredline.co.uk/setups/

Hope these help!
VIPEROSI

Re: Looking for Fast, stable Setups in general

Post by VIPEROSI »

Well seems the only one sharing so far is me!
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Problem is, as you found with Gregers Indycar setups, physics changes regularly break old setups. Most of the setups I have would be useless.

I've been doing the fixed setup HPD races lately, but may occasionally make one for the open series. I can share those when I make them if you'd like. The only one I've done so far though is Road America.
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

In the v8 I know if you disconnect the rear bar and take almost all of the dampening out of the car it will go much quicker. It's completely backwards but that's what you need to go quick. I don't know if this has changed in the new physics etc.
VIPEROSI

Post by VIPEROSI »

DarrenM wrote:Problem is, as you found with Gregers Indycar setups, physics changes regularly break old setups. Most of the setups I have would be useless.

I've been doing the fixed setup HPD races lately, but may occasionally make one for the open series. I can share those when I make them if you'd like. The only one I've done so far though is Road America.
I was hoping there might be some more links to recent (2011 seasons) setups that people were aware of such as the ones i posted above.

Only post stuff that you are happy to share Darren, i dont really expect people to share their personal setups but if they do thats great :).

Thanks for the tim sam, ill give it a go.
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

Anyone have so good setups for the Skip they want to share?

Had some offline fun in the Star Mazda on the setups above and then jumped in to the MX-5 series for some fixed setup praccy sessions over the weekend which was also great fun :yes:
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Ive got a fair few new new tyre model sets for the Skip ill throw up tonight for ya mate. One ive kept very generic that i use as my baseline setup and tweak per track.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

Sweet, thanks in advance
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Here ya go mate.
'MidOhioNNTM', 'NTM Baseline' along with 'Skippy Base Setup All Tracks' are new tyre model sets.

The base set all tracks is, my base set ;)
Just cant remember what the rear roll bar was set at, Ive just been starting at 1 and stiffening it up if need be.
Skippy_Sets.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.