G25 mod

iRacing
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

G25 mod

Post by dvestate »

Has anyone modded their pedals to make them quieter and if so what did you do? I'm going to open mine up over the weekend and attempt to quiet them down a little so the return noise isn't so loud :)
Dr. Pain

Re: G25 mod

Post by Dr. Pain »

How are they noisy? Mine never make any noise. I'm asking as I'm a bit lost on how they could be noisy.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

squeeky spring?
use some grease
Steve
---
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Pedals can clunk pretty loudly when you get off the pedal quickly. I don't notice it while driving, but my dad said it was pretty annoying sometimes when I was living with him and driving GPL for hours a week.

I suppose you could put a rubber or foam stopper in if that's the issue. The spring itself is just a plain spring in a plastic sleve, so not much you can do there.
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

DarrenM wrote:Pedals can clunk pretty loudly when you get off the pedal quickly. I don't notice it while driving, but my dad said it was pretty annoying sometimes when I was living with him and driving GPL for hours a week.

I suppose you could put a rubber or foam stopper in if that's the issue. The spring itself is just a plain spring in a plastic sleve, so not much you can do there.
I'm getting complaints about the clunk when I use them quickly, I'd like to use them at night but being next door to the little fella I don't really want him to wake up because of pedal noise :)