So what's new?

iRacing
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

So what's new?

Post by durbster »

It's been a couple of years since I let my subscription lapse. The main problem was due to the layout of my computer room I couldn't get my pedals into a comfortable so didn't do much racing. I'm going to refit the room soon so I quite fancy getting back into a bit of racing.

I see the graphics look a bit nicer these days but what else is new. I know there are probably 107 more cars and 948 tracks but are there any other big features?

I got out just before the NTM so I know about that but haven't tried it.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Re: So what's new?

Post by Exar Kun »

I think the really big stuff to come has just been hinted at in the latest release. You can now be a spotter for someone (up to four spotters per driver) so can basically have a private radio channel for your team. This will obviously lead into more stuff like having a crew chief who can do setup changes as well as driver swaps.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Release of new content is painfully slow and for me they are adding some useless stuff rather than having multiple makes per class and making the cars more realistic. Like having traction control on the Corvette and no rev limiter in the Lotus 79. Don't get me wrong as what's there is very good but if you don't commit to a series and practice then it's wasted. I'm going through this at the moment. The tyre model on some of the cars is great and I love the Ford GT.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
pab

Post by pab »

It's a difficult question to answer specifically, here's a document that lists the release notes for each release since the initial launch that should help you figure out what's changed since you were last a member. Just start at the top and red through until you reach a point that seems familiar.
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61