Proto/GT Challenge Series Sundays 19:00 AEST

iRacing
Sarsippius

Proto/GT Challenge Series Sundays 19:00 AEST

Post by Sarsippius »

Anyone interested in racing in the Proto/GT Open series? I'm going to see if I can drum up some interest and get a regular race going on Saturday mornings, 11:30am EST. I know most people seem to prefer racing in the evening but it coincides with Friday night in the US so should mean more numbers. I've been racing the fixed Sunday mornings cause it's the only time I can get a race.

Drive whatever you fancy but as I said in the main thread the Ford GT is a nice drive now and easy to get a handle on, this week is Watkins too which is an easy track. The one benefit of the fixed series is the setups are decent and I'll most likely use it in the open race, only thing that may need adjusting a touch is the ride height for the full fuel load. Otherwise there's setups in the official forum.

Anyway just putting this out there, finally decided to try and do something about not being able to get a race in the open series so come on, give it a go :nod:
Sarsippius

Re: Proto/GT Challenge Series Sundays 19:00 AEST

Post by Sarsippius »

I changed the topic because this season we're going for Sunday evenings which should be a lot more convenient for most people. There's been a fair bit of interest for this time on the Aus/NZ iRacing forum and so far this week the series overall has been going off with heaps of races going official and a lot even splitting.

http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts ... 04100.page" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
VIPEROSI

Post by VIPEROSI »

Myself and a lot of others were disappointed that they dumped the proto/gt fixed series.

45 Minutes is a long time to sit in front of a computer and some of us simply cant be bothered. The setup being equal to everyone else was also a big plus...even if some of them were understeery pigs!

Atm im probably commited to the Cadilac series, but ill keep an eye on this one and might drop in and drive the vette now and then.

Nathan
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Removing the fixed was a bit of a necessary evil, I know it suited some guys but I don't think iRacing can sustain cars in multiple series. Overall the new series has really taken off, much more than I expected so I think ultimately it was a good move.

You should definitely give this timeslot a shot, the first two weeks have been really good with decent fields and good multi-class interaction. The short races in the fixed only gave a small taste of what multi-class racing is all about.
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by Gizmo »

Have you turned any laps at Mid-Ohio yet Sars? I've been focused on Grand Am this week and havent touched the HDP. Won't think i'll get a chance until Saturday night to do some laps.
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Yeah I've done a couple races already :)
For quite a while I've been running Thursday and Saturday at 11am with the Yanks and last week threw in Friday as well, so ran yesterday and also this morning getting my first win in the FGT :D
I think at Montreal I was a bit quicker than normal, relatively speaking so feel like I'm a little slow here but it's not a bad track and more forgiving than Montreal. Even though T4 through to T9 and then T11 through to T13 are difficult areas for passing, traffic seems a lot easier this week.