Paying It Forward

iRacing
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Paying It Forward

Post by Gizmo »

Last night I sent out a PM to all currently registered iRFF League Members about wanting to give alittle something back to Gavin. In cause there is anyone here which isn't registered and would like to contribute i've pasted the PM below. PM me here or iRacing.
Hi Gents.
I'm writing to you today on the premise of helping out a fellow iRacer, Gavin Sadler. As I'm sure you are aware, Gavin is, and has been for some time a very active member of the Australian iRacing community. Most notability with his efforts though the iRFF league.
I believe after the countless hours Gavin has spent away from his wife and family organising leagues for us to participate in and enjoy, not to mention the money he has spent on all the hosted sessions that it's time to repay the favor and let him know that his presence within the community is truly appreciated!
I had the good fortune of meeting Gavin earlier this year. He invited me into his home, but more importantly, his race room! I noticed that his PC is getting on a little.
What I’m proposing is that if we can get 40-50 members chip in a small amount of money we can build Gavin a new iRacing Gaming Rig! I've specced up a quick machine and it will come in just under the $2000 mark. This is for an i7 4770k, 16GB of 2133mhz memory, 250gb ssd, 3tb hdd, ATI 280x and a copy of Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
Any extra money collected will be given to Gavin in the form of iRacing credits to be used for hosting league sessions.
I'm going to start things off by adding $50. The size of the donation doesn’t matter, $10 or $100. It’s the thought that counts.
Before any money is transferred I'd like to get an idea of who is willing/able to chip in so I know what budget we are working with. If you are interested, please let me know what you would be willing to donate.
And please...... NOBODY TELL GAVIN!!!!!

Regards,

Jonathan
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Re: Paying It Forward

Post by DexterPunk »

That's very nice of you Giz. Hopefully you get heaps of interest. :yes:
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

Gavin is a top bloke so I'll chip in $20.
XLV SPORT
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

Jiminee wrote:Gavin is a top bloke so I'll chip in $20.
Thanks buddy. Can you send me a PM with your iRacing Name :)

:yes:
Woodee
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Woodee »

Wow!!! I need new friends :D

Top rate there Gizmo, I bet Gavin will be speechless.
My Fundraising Journey

Raised over £1000 for the Scoliosis Campaign Fund from 2011-2013.
MADCAP

Post by MADCAP »

Yeah good Effort Gizmo - was happy to throw in $20 :yes:
+ Current Ride 2016 Ducati 959 Panigale + 2016 TONY KART 401 X30 IAME + Santa Cruz Bronson V3 CC X01 +