Endurance Racing

iRacing
Sarsippius

Endurance Racing

Post by Sarsippius »

Did anyone race in the Roar before 24?

To be honest previously I thought development time spent on driver swaps was a bit of a wasted effort and I was a bit sceptical when the 24hr race was announced but decided what the hell, I should have a go.

I found someone looking to make a team to race the BMW Z4 a bit over a week ago so I asked to join. He had 12 people want to race so we split into two teams and spent the last week trying to get organised. The team is very international so it worked well splitting the times up into two 2hr stints each.

The race started about 10:30pm Darwin time so I watched a bit of the start and went to bed wondering if I would even get a chance in the car as my first stint wasn't until 2:30pm the next day. Everyone on the team was really good though, had the right attitude and just wanted to get through unscathed and make it to the end.

By the time I got in the car the field had thinned quite a bit through attrition, I did my couple hours then came back two hours after that for my second stint. I ended up running a triple as we needed an extra fuel run to make it to the end. We had made it all the way up to 4th in class by that point, coming from a lap behind 2nd and 3rd to get back on the same lap and were inching ever closer to 3rd. The last three or four hours we were virtually line astern with 2nd place the whole time but basically that lap down doing what we could to reach 3rd but ended up finishing 30 seconds off the podium when the flag came out.

All in all it was a great race and a great experience and a few times today I felt like I wanted to jump back on and do another stint lol :D It would definitely rank up there with some of the best sim racing I've ever had. Now to get ready for the race proper in two weeks time :nod:

http://members.iracing.com/membersite/m ... stid=17318

Almost forgot, the second car also made it to the end and finished 3rd in their split, almost unbelievable both cars made it to the end.
Bauer

Re: Endurance Racing

Post by Bauer »

that's awesome. Well done :up:
--------------
Stu
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Massive effort.

Bit different to the ol Kyoto 12hr AAL ran once.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

very nice! Endurance racing is so good. Part of a team. Top effort to claw your way back to!!

I always wanted to get back into enduro Racing. My team i used to do it with is thinking about starting it again.. i think i might have to join!
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Hey guys, looks like we're a driver short for the Spa 24hr. Is anyone willing and able to do a couple stints?

The race runs from 11pm AEST Saturday August 1st, ideally we need someone who can do 9am to 11am and 1pm to 3pm on Sunday the 2nd.

We have a few guys who can't make it so we have too many for one team but not quite enough for two. I'll be in a 3 man team doing four 2hr stints on Sunday :melt:
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

I dont have anything booked in so I would be keen.
Did the 2.4 in the BMW last year - what car will the team be running?
XLV SPORT
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Yeah we're running the BMW, I'll ask Kev to give you access to the forum. Thanks mate!
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

Should be fun, I'll get some practice in then!
XLV SPORT