Ferrari license

iRacing
DarrenM

Ferrari license

Post by DarrenM »

I didn't think they would ever add a Ferrari.

http://www.iracing.com/iracing-partners ... i-488-gte/
iRacing Motorsport Simulation, LLC today announced plans to create digital versions of Ferrari’s models. The first product of the partnership between the renowned eSport racing service and the iconic brand will be a virtual Ferrari 488 GTE as raced in the 24 Hours of Le Mans and other events in the 2016 World Endurance Championship.

“This is a landmark moment for iRacing and online racing,” says Steve Myers, Executive Vice President and Executive Producer for iRacing.com. “Ferrari is synonymous with world championship caliber race cars and high performance automobiles. The Prancing Horse logo famously inspires passion among racing and automotive aficionados everywhere. iRacers are also passionate about online racing and I have no doubt they will be thrilled at the prospects of racing the 488 GTE and other Ferraris in the future.”

The Ferrari 488 will join iRacing’s stable of more than 50 meticulously-modeled open wheel, sedan, sports and stock cars which race on laser-scanned versions of the world’s legendary road courses and ovals in private leagues and officially-sanctioned series including the Blancpain GT Series, the iRacing World Championship Grand Prix Series and the NASCAR PEAK Antifreeze Series.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Re: Ferrari license

Post by Duke »

Yeah holy shit...
Let's hope it does eventually make it into the sim not like some other license agreements that iRacing have announced but cars from them have never seen the light of day.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Now that will be "Shut up and take my money!" for me :vibes:
Minister for Religious Genocide.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Duke wrote:Yeah holy shit...
Let's hope it does eventually make it into the sim not like some other license agreements that iRacing have announced but cars from them have never seen the light of day.
what did they announce that never made it in?
pab

Post by pab »

NeilPearson wrote:
Duke wrote:Yeah holy shit...
what did they announce that never made it in?
There have been a few over the years, Indy Lights, Honda BTCC,probably FR 3.5, and they apparently have a couple more BMW and Aston Martin cars licensed that we haven't seen yet. They say that it's generally because they have difficulty getting all the data that they need for some of the cars (they get the OK from the manufacturer, but then they need to find a race team prepared to give them real life data).
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

ahh okay. havent really looked at iRacing for a long time.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Yep pab is correct.

Yep iRacing have confirmed the Honda BTCC is a dead duck, they have given up on it. But they are working on getting the Ford BTCC given the tie with doing the Focus Rallycross car (#dirtconfirmed). :)
The FR3.5 is probably not going to happen either due to a change of mind from Renault, possibly related to the fact they it's no longer a manufacturer only supported series irl.
iRacing has said they were lucky to even get the FR2.0 as the data somehow got out the door before Renault themselves realised they had let it.
The AM is now so delayed I think it would be a miracle if we see it, maybe this Ferrari deal will change that. Hope so!!!
I'd never heard about the Indy Lights thing, not sure it needs another open-wheeler of that sort of class...
Dukester

pab

Post by pab »

The Indy Lights car was announced at the same time as the original Indycar, but nothing ever happened from then.
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

With FR3.5 they said they couldn't get data from any of the teams, but last time it came up on the forum a member turned out to be in a team and was going to try to hook them up. NFI if it went anywhere though.

Most disappointing would be the Honda hsv-010. I don't think it's been mentioned since they announced it. Then there's all the tracks announced but not worked on. I think they've changed policy since then to only announce content when they're sure it'll go in. They were announcing stuff faster than they could build it which was a bit silly.

I prefer the way they did it with the Audi 90 and Nissan GTP, just release out of the blue. No point getting people hyped if there's a chance it won't get built.
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

That's good news, I also figured Ferrari was something we'd never see in iRacing.

I don't really follow all these series or should I say different classes but this would be the first and maybe only GTE car right?
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Yep first true GTE car for iR. Some are saying you could consider the Ford GT (GT2) as a pseudo GTE but it's not as it doesn't have all the new driver aids or a flappy box. It's just that the GTE class is roughly the same speed as GT2 was.
Honda HSV-010 hey, another I never heard about as I probably wasn't around iRacing or even Simracing back then. Damn that would be a beast.
I'd like to see iRacing try do a SuperGT or DTM style car at some point. :D
I agree Darren, keep the licensing deal announcements &/or car release announcements till release day. :yes:

Another sim who is like this is Sector3 (R3E), they have announced so much & only about 1/2 of it has made it into the sim so far.
Dukester

thornz

Post by thornz »

DarrenM wrote:With FR3.5 they said they couldn't get data from any of the teams, but last time it came up on the forum a member turned out to be in a team and was going to try to hook them up. NFI if it went anywhere though.
Fingers crossed this might eventuate. I feel a mid powered single seater would be a massive boost to the game.
The step at the moment from Mazda/F2 to the indy or F1 car is just too great.