What the hell is up with books of late

A place to chat about what you are reading. Whether it is book, magazine or eBook. Also, audio books.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

What the hell is up with books of late

Post by NeilPearson »

So lately I have been reading alot more. And it seems every book that gets reccomended to me is fantasy about magic, vampires, warewolfs, spirits, demons and other such mythical stuff.

Now don't get me wrong I didn't enjoy twilight, but it wasn't because of the vampires, it was the stupidity of the story. I tried to read the 2nd book but it beat me after 5 pages.

I like these stories, I Judy finished the sookie stackhouse books (all freaking 9 of them) aswell as watching all of trueblood at the same time,

So I started this book that was recommended about 8 months ago to me tonight. I didn't read the back when I started it (wish I had) but I got 50 pages in when sure enough it's got vampires in it.

I'm sick of vampires.

I'm so sick of vampires I really don't want to continue this book, everywhere I look it's vampires, twilight, trueblood, Edward Cullen etc etc what's the fastination with girls and vampires?

I just decided to put this book down and start reading "tomorrow when the war began" for the 95th time. At least I know that teanagers rebelling against a foriegn army invading australia won't have vampires in it. And is actually a very deep emotional action packed rollercoaster ride of awesomeness. (did I mention I love this series?)
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Re: What the hell is up with books of late

Post by Exar Kun »

NeilPearson wrote: I just decided to put this book down and start reading "tomorrow when the war began" for the 95th time. At least I know that teanagers rebelling against a foriegn army invading australia won't have vampires in it. And is actually a very deep emotional action packed rollercoaster ride of awesomeness. (did I mention I love this series?)
Yeah, it is awesome - and the movie comes out in 2010 too.

I tend to stick with sci-fi so i've yet to come across vampires in books. The TV/movie thing has been enough on that front!
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

hehe,

you just earned yourself a new name, Judy
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

c.j wrote:hehe,

yep.. Neil.. stop being a Judy
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

wobblysauce wrote:
c.j wrote:hehe,

yep.. Neil.. stop being a Judy
haha fucking iphone and its auto correct!

I didnt know they were making a Movie for the tomorrow series, i just checked up on it, im not to sure on the actors who play them. ellie looks to pretty, to petite not a farm girl in anyway.

Rest seem alright i guess
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

I didn't mind the Twilight books. Nothing I would read again though.

A book I enjoyed was Scar Tissue about Anthony Kiedis from Red Hot Chili Peppers. Nothing fantasy there; just good old drugs, sex and rock 'n' roll. An interesting read for a fan, maybe for the non fan as well :)
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

I've read Tomorrow where the War began a thousand times too. Probably the only book I read that I didn't have to read in my later high school years. That and Eddy the Great :D

I can't stand all the vampire and magic shit. Does not interest me in the slightest.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Enforcer-J wrote:I've read Tomorrow where the War began a thousand times too. Probably the only book I read that I didn't have to read in my later high school years. That and Eddy the Great :D

I can't stand all the vampire and magic shit. Does not interest me in the slightest.
you know they are a series of 7 books right?

and every other english class in my high school had a book report on them but the one i was in. I was gutted. i would have gotten A's all round