AMCN - bible? :)

A place to chat about what you are reading. Whether it is book, magazine or eBook. Also, audio books.
c.j
Midget Wanker

AMCN - bible? :)

Post by c.j »

Australian Motorcycle News... I have been reading this magazine since I was a teenager. Ahhh the memories.

Anyone else read it?

Highly recommend it if you are in the market for a bike, want to keep up on news around the world in new bikes, old bikes, motor sport (bikes obviously) and they pack a fair bit of local stuff in there which I find interesting.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
macca
Founder
Founder

Re: AMCN - bible? :)

Post by macca »

c.j wrote:Australian Motorcycle News... I have been reading this magazine since I was a teenager. Ahhh the memories.

Anyone else read it?

Highly recommend it if you are in the market for a bike, want to keep up on news around the world in new bikes, old bikes, motor sport (bikes obviously) and they pack a fair bit of local stuff in there which I find interesting.
Used to get it regularly, but I cut back on my magazine purchases, the only motoring mags I buy now on a regular basis is Octane (british classic car mag) & occasional Unique Cars (Aus), with Wheels & Motor bought at Xmas time for holiday reading.

If you are in the market for a new bike then AMCN is recommended :yes:
I don't know where I'm going but I'm on my way!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zedmacca/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

Octane is great, i love the columns by Leno etc, although Tony Dron seems like he thinks he's a bit more important than he actually is. The main mag i read, which i call my bible, is Auto Action. I've bought it every week since 1984.
macca
Founder
Founder

Post by macca »

w00dsy wrote:Octane is great, i love the columns by Leno etc, although Tony Dron seems like he thinks he's a bit more important than he actually is
Agree with that :p but is a great mag, Auto Action is good, I get that a couple of times a year. I have a massive collection of mags now, have an old school bag full of Wheels / Modern Motor / Sports Car World (Aussie mag, think that's what it was cooled) from the '70's, must drag it out & have another look at them sometime.
I don't know where I'm going but I'm on my way!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zedmacca/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pogo

Post by pogo »

I love AMCN too, get it every fortnight.

Also buy Two Wheels Only (now Visor Down), good pommy mag. Girlfriend bought me a 12-month subscription of Two Wheels for chrissy, didn't have the heart to tell her it's a boring fogey mag that I'd never actually buy :p
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

lol... ah well... least you have something to leave lying around
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)