Wheel of Time

A place to chat about what you are reading. Whether it is book, magazine or eBook. Also, audio books.
vipergod
Dumb ARSE

Wheel of Time

Post by vipergod »

Well after starting this series when i was around 16 (i'm 44 now) I have finished the last book.
What a long long but well worthwhile ride.
Shame Robert Jordan never saw the end but Brandon Sanderson has done a good job with his notes.
Anyone else read this ?
I don't care what ya say GPL still rocks
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Re: Wheel of Time

Post by Exar Kun »

I gave up after book 9 or 10. I'm not a huge fan of fantasy and was doing my best to slog through it but after he spent a few years to deliver several hundred pages in which absolutely nothing happened I just couldn't be bothered anymore. I've read favourable reviews of the ending but I can't remember the story now and I'm not wading through all the other books again. Maybe one day but I have a lot on my bookshelf to get through first. I loved the first four or five books and I think book 7 maybe? was a standout too.

What did you think of the finale mate?
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
vipergod
Dumb ARSE

Re: Wheel of Time

Post by vipergod »

To be honest it left me a little empty.
It was good but it seemed to much in one book
You are correct in saying that not much happened in some of them, So the last just had to much happening, so it felt rushed and too brief in the situations
Still i rate the whole overall series 9/10
I don't care what ya say GPL still rocks