Tom Clancy dead aged 66

A place to chat about what you are reading. Whether it is book, magazine or eBook. Also, audio books.
J.D.
Rat

Tom Clancy dead aged 66

Post by J.D. »

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/boo ... 2ut3a.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I was never a big fan. Too much nationalism for me, though Clive Cussler took that to a whole 'nuther level.

Hunt for Red October was good and they made a good job of the movie. Patriot Games not so much.

Ironically, he died on 1st of October.
сначала мы убиваем американского лося и белку.

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell.

Proudly never a mod or admin at RSC from 2001 - 2009.
pogo

Re: Tom Clancy dead aged 66

Post by pogo »

Sideshow Bob, after a beating from prison guards, shows his bruises:

"These are from the new Tom Clancy. Although I must say it's less painful than reading him."

Here here.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

I enjoyed his books when I was young. Read through all of what he had when I was in my early teens and the technical nature of them really appealed to me as well as the cold war stuff. Red Storm Rising was epic.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

I found his books too in depth sometimes. Didn't read a lot of his work though. I doubt I could have read patriot games or red october.
Loved Rainbow Six. Thought that was a terrific book, set at the time of the Sydney Olympics.
--------------
Stu
VTRacing
Team Pedant (c)

Post by VTRacing »

Exar Kun wrote:I enjoyed his books when I was young. Read through all of what he had when I was in my early teens and the technical nature of them really appealed to me as well as the cold war stuff. Red Storm Rising was epic.
This.

I think I got as far as "Debt of Honor" & "Executive Orders" before it became too much "Team America" for my liking.
:teach:
J.D.
Rat

Post by J.D. »

Very much Team America. If nothing else it gives a good insight into how conservative America views national security.

After a while I started to wonder if it didn't resemble the master race revisited...
сначала мы убиваем американского лося и белку.

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell.

Proudly never a mod or admin at RSC from 2001 - 2009.