iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch Games

All the talk regarding mobile phones, mobile internet access etc etc.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Re: iPhone/iPod Touch Games

Post by DexterPunk »

i just bought X2 Football, for $8.99..

its amazing how careful i am buying an iphone game.... ooooo $8.99 is expensive!! when i happily spend twice that a week on cigarettes without thinking. i read the reviews of X2 football, compared to 'real football' and decided that X2 even though much more expensive $1.19 vs $8.99 was the better value game. Tryed the demo, liked the look of it.. pulled the trigger.

Ive been known to wander into a game store and throw down $80 for a PC game i have no clue about, yet for some reason i feel like i have to think through an iphone purchase so much more.

oh by the way - X2 football (soccer for us aussies) is around 84meg :o and has great controls and even commentary.. downloading now, will report back my thoughts on it at some point.
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

LOL Dex I know what you mean. I got a $50 itunes voucher from the kids for fathers day. Ive been checking out my options so I can maximise my value. Ive spent nearly twice that much on 1 PC game :)
Last edited by Bauer on Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--------------
Stu
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

just got :
Real Racing
2XL Supercross (took Dex's word for it)
Grunts
Harbour Master

What is X2 like?
--------------
Stu
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

its not too bad actually... spent a couple of hours playing it last night... it seems fairly easy to just not pass to your team mates and run in and kick a goal... but i did have it on easy too.. so i imagine it would be a bit more challenging when set a bit harder. you have a couple of game play options... can just play training.. good to get used to the controls.. shoot outs, havnt yet worked out how to work the goalie properly.. single match, or a tournament. The commentary isnt too bad for a little iphone game. Must admit at times i was getting quite pumped up about a great goal etc... im reasonably happy for $9... something fun to do on the train.

How are you finding supercross?? it takes a bit of getting used to with the tilt controls.. you seem to be able to get more air off jumps with the spring thing on the left of screen, which can improve your lap times where you might hit the wrong side of a jump. you can do back flips too if you feel like it :) tilt the phone forward and back quickly before a jump. One thing i wish it had was a ... do stunts for points.. type game play option.
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Dexter The Game is out for $7.99 (iTunes link)

(had the title wrong, cheers Dex :P)
Last edited by wabbit on Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

i just sat there reading my post trying to figure out which game you meant.... i worked it out when i clicked the link. :D
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

DexterPunk wrote: How are you finding supercross?? it takes a bit of getting used to with the tilt controls.. you seem to be able to get more air off jumps with the spring thing on the left of screen, which can improve your lap times where you might hit the wrong side of a jump. you can do back flips too if you feel like it :) tilt the phone forward and back quickly before a jump. One thing i wish it had was a ... do stunts for points.. type game play option.
I missed your reply. Supercross is a bit of fun. Took some getting used to but I dont play it much. Definitely a good product for a phone game :yes: The iphone seems to really shine in looks and game play. Why would I want an NDS?

Harbour master has been the pick of all the stuff I got. Its the only game the whole family has had a go at and we all enjoy it. I went to work yesterday with the tune stuck in my head. :tilt:
--------------
Stu
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

I have bought a few more games since i last posted here.. some damn cracking games at that.. ill give some proper reviews and opinions on them when i have more time.. just wanted to point this one out.... not out yet, but has some promise by the looks...

http://toucharcade.com/2009/10/10/a-pre ... m-fishlabs
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Looks like RealRacing has had a nice price drop.
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

Doodle Jump ($1.19) is awesomely addictive! Has that "one more go" thing about it
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

theres also Big Buck Hunter Pro for $1.19 as well.. awesome! just like the arcade machines.... Shoot the bucks, dont shoot the doe's!
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

kwijibo wrote:Doodle Jump ($1.19) is awesomely addictive! Has that "one more go" thing about it
ok WTF?? I decided I really had to buy this... The reviews are all "wow!!! Epic game! Sooooo addictive!" and it's got a 5 star rating. I had passed on it before because after looking at the screenshots it just looked like a platform game. The reviews started to make me believe it was something more, but it isn't.... All u do is jump on platforms, that's it. Don't get me wrong, it's ok. And i don't care less for $1.19. But surely there's something dodgy going on in the app store with the reviews? It seems like the creators are paying people to rate it high and rave about it or something... It's weird! Am I missing something?? No really.... :s
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Dex, yes its a fucking shithouse game. Funny some love it others can't see the point, I'm the latter. :)
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

Clearly, you guys suck :)

I find it addictive as hell.. my new high score is 63k! :D Its simple brilliance
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

Currently playing Footy Flick. You just flick the footy at the goals and allow for wind. Its free and addictive :)
tehsid
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by tehsid »

I just picked up an iPhone a few days ago. I'm keen to get some more (decent) free apps. Any recommendations? I'll be getting some paid apps very soon, just gotta wait till payday :D
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

SiD wrote:I just picked up an iPhone a few days ago. I'm keen to get some more (decent) free apps. Any recommendations? I'll be getting some paid apps very soon, just gotta wait till payday :D

Try this thread SiD: viewtopic.php?f=81&t=12778" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
tehsid

Post by tehsid »

Ah thanks. Got a few apps from there. Cheers.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Give Canabalt a try. Very addictive, even though I am hopeless at it. :)

http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/canabalt ... 80061?mt=8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
petey

Post by petey »

I always struggle to find the 'very addictive' games addictive at all... played canabalt for about 5 mins I reckon. It is cool though
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

Two words - Angry Birds. Get it.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

I picked up a few for the iPad.

Angry Birds - like crush the castle but with birds.
Osmos - sort of life game where you absorb things smaller than you to get bigger until you can kill everything else. Very well done.
Harbormaster/Flight control - Neatly done similar games. Draw the lines on the screen to get the targets to where they need to go. Looks easy but isn't.
Solitaire City - excellent mixture of card games and nicely designed too.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Ahh yeah this thread, for the pad.

Civilization Revolution
Dominion HD
Galcon Fusion
GodFinger
Lux Touch
Parcel Panic
Solitaire
StarPagga
We Rule
X-Plane 9
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Is command and conquer any good?
It's the sort of game you think would suit it but it's a bit pricey.
I'm waiting for Peggle and sim city too.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

C&C is good fun on the phone, you can have a real game. Missions were easyish. The down sides was the small res screen and the 3GS wasn't always fast enough with the big matches going on. Haven't played on the iPad yet.