Android: Rooting and custom Roms

All the talk regarding mobile phones, mobile internet access etc etc.
EzyRider

Re: Android: Rooting and custom Roms

Post by EzyRider »

Using Litening2.0, and it failed twice due to Kies trying to open the same damn port as the rooter.. killed that off, and away it went. App store broke once, and Winamp made it reboot once, but since then it's been a train.. I'll keep tinkering, see if I can break it any more. If so, I'll find another ROM that looks the goods.
Pretty happy that it works still.. the wife was sitting over my shoulder sweating that I'd brick it, so that gets her off my back a bit ;)
Middle Pack Racing Watch your mirrors!

Norbs on Germaine Greer: "..that crusty old slag can tongue kiss my quivering sphincter muscle, fuck her and the pretentious boat she fucking sailed in on."
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Dont worry when it takes you 3 days of fucking around to get a rom working, then you start to panic ;)
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Ahh yeah, I installed Kies once, then uninstalled straight after so it was gone, but left the usb driver behind, and every flash has worked flawlessly.
richo

Post by richo »

I,m to much of a vagina to root my galaxy s2 , i will do anything to a desktop or laptop (seeing i do that for a living i guess i should be ok at it ) but with my phone i,m too worried about baking it as its my business phone.
[]D [] []v[] []D
EzyRider

Post by EzyRider »

Everything seems to work nicely.. except the camera. Anyone know if this is par for the course for Litening, or is there something I've buggered up?

*Edit: Never mind, a quick check on the firmware and settings, a reboot, and away it went. Seems that when something doesn't work the first time, it'll crash, reboot the phone, go in and adjust the settings, and reboot.. away it goes.
Middle Pack Racing Watch your mirrors!

Norbs on Germaine Greer: "..that crusty old slag can tongue kiss my quivering sphincter muscle, fuck her and the pretentious boat she fucking sailed in on."
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

is there anyway to turn the camera sound off in the ICS litening rom? its annoying on silent and still having the camera make noise, i want it on silent to be silent lol
Hello :aussie:
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

just updated my phone to litening 2.2 from the first release of 1.0b.

hoping to see some big improvements!
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

i've updated to 2.2, i had the same battery issue as last time. I had the phone on charge over night and when i woke up it was only on 40% and it was hot. Luckily wiping the battery stats fixed it. But i'm digging the new Apex launcher, i was always a Go Launcher fan but this one seems quite quick and smooth. I'm also loving LRToolbox. I was able to fuck that boot sound off.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

Lite'ning 2.5 is out and seems to be really good and stable. I've had a few niggles with the others but this one seems fine, and i didn't do a wipe either. They took Apex Launcher out of this release for some reason but i love it, so back on it went.

http://z13.invisionfree.com/Litening/in ... wtopic=165" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Shaun wrote:is there anyway to turn the camera sound off in the ICS litening rom? its annoying on silent and still having the camera make noise, i want it on silent to be silent lol
Upskirts?
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

haha nah just sometimes taking photos inside its just annoying people look at you funny (i'm in Miami atm so taking photos of touristy shit) lol
\
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Miami? Premium upskirt country!
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

lol no skirts to take photos up :p
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Shaun wrote:lol no skirts to take photos up :p
Get out of the Blue Oyster Bar and you'll be fine! :lol:
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
petey

Post by petey »

Not sure what I did, long story short I have my desire with s-on and clockworkmod and I installed a zip, now I can go to hboot and recovery and that is all :melt:

Been trying for hours to get a usable phone again.

Well there you go, wasted a good day attempting to fix a problem that was irrelevant. Just wiped everything from clockwork and flashed a custom rom and it works fine. No idea what the whole S-OFF S-ON crap is about. :yes:
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

Lite'ning 2.7 is out. http://z13.invisionfree.com/Litening/in ... wtopic=227" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

Lite'ning 2.8 is out now and i noticed the yellow triangle is gone now when i boot up. http://www.liteningrom.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

I installed Go Launcher Pro on my Desire HD the other day. I'm not sure if I'm imagining things, but it seems to be destroying the battery. Other than some visual changes, I don't see any real differences, so I might go back to HTC sense if the battery issue continues
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

i've been doing a lot of ROM hopping these last week or so, and i've found a really good one with shit loads of options. It's called Resurrection Remix ics v1.8.1. Here's some pic of the added options you get in the setting menu. It's also been quite good on the battery. After i installed it i added a proper Telstra modem, and now i have also added the Siyah kernel.

w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

Lite'ning Rom has been updated yet again, to 3.6, but this time they've gone for a new look with the new TW Launcher from the S3. I put it on last night and it's really nice.

r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Ahh ffs, I only just updated to 3.4 (3.5 was bugged.) Might upgrade anyway, 3.4 has been really good on the battery.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Been using CM9-RC1 for the last 24 hours and it seems alright, will give it a few more days before making a decision on whether it will stay but thus far there's no show stoppers that I've found, and I do like how clean it is, no useless Samsung and 3rd party apps that I never use.
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

Anyone running Jellybean at the moment? I am on my Nexus and, holy shit! It is so good! Google Now is hit and miss as I'm having an issue where my mic won't register anything but hissing for 2 secondshe OS itself is insanely smooth. It was almost like ICS 4.x.x was beta, it's that good.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

I've been waiting for it to be ported to the S2 and then I'll give it a go.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

SHoNKY wrote:Been using CM9-RC1 for the last 24 hours and it seems alright, will give it a few more days before making a decision on whether it will stay but thus far there's no show stoppers that I've found, and I do like how clean it is, no useless Samsung and 3rd party apps that I never use.

I'm running RootBox which is similar, its an AOKP based rom.