Samsung Galaxy SIII

All the talk regarding mobile phones, mobile internet access etc etc.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Re: Samsung Galaxy SIII

Post by r8response »

norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Have you changed the ROM Neil?
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

norbs wrote:Have you changed the ROM Neil?
no i haven't, it's the stock ROM.
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

I've had mine for a while now, cool peice of kit. Battery life is insane compared to most smart phones. Easily last a few days for me.

It is very fragile though, I would suggest getting a bumper case for it as the case it self is very very thin.

If I were to spend my money again I would look more closely at the One X from HTC - a mate of mine got that at the same time I got my S3 and I find myself thinking thats the one I should have gone with. Especially with the speed of 4g.
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

I'm in the market for a new phone and was undecided on an HTC One X too... but after listening to an indian lady with a huge review, I'm sold on the GS3...

Part 1:
[youtube] [/youtube]

Part 2:
[youtube] [/youtube]
bengatta
Ladies Motorkhana Champion

Post by bengatta »

Sambo wrote:I've had mine for a while now, cool peice of kit. Battery life is insane compared to most smart phones. Easily last a few days for me.

It is very fragile though, I would suggest getting a bumper case for it as the case it self is very very thin.

If I were to spend my money again I would look more closely at the One X from HTC - a mate of mine got that at the same time I got my S3 and I find myself thinking thats the one I should have gone with. Especially with the speed of 4g.
have you broken the screen yet??? maybe you should get one of those protective cases you made fun of me about......... :nod:
They say, any day you wake up not dead is the start of a better day than it could be...

You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice...

You're never too old to learn something stupid....
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

Or maybe he should leave it in the pits
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

The 4G speeds are insane on my One XL. 25mbit down AND up. It's a pretty snappy phone. A little bit cheaper than the S3 but battery life nowhere near as good. Especially when 4G is active.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

bengatta wrote:
Sambo wrote:I've had mine for a while now, cool peice of kit. Battery life is insane compared to most smart phones. Easily last a few days for me.

have you broken the screen yet??? maybe you should get one of those protective cases you made fun of me about......... :nod:

Broke it in the first week. Got it replaced, like I said - it's fragile :D.

The case is very flimsy on the S3. The One X build quality is way better. But S3 has things like SD card expansion etc.

4G is very cool - the only problem is, yes you can download at crazy 30mbps speeds but you still only have a 2.5gb limit on a 99 cap plan? I am sure 4G will make teleco's re think their data plan structures but until then 3g is really all you need...
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

numpty. never broke my S2, and i never used a Phone protector. going for the same with the S3.

WEnt to telstra today, they put a new sim card in and it fixed it. so yay.
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

Just got one of these today as a replacement for my work Blackberry. Looks nice, getting it set up now, Telstra porting my stuff across, and then its off to learn how to use it! Do I need a case?
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

finally rooted mine. the previous version of root just would never work properly for me. never installed recovery so couldnt do anything. Worked today. Installed Liquid Smooth jellybean 4.1.2.

Liking it with the 5 mins i have played so far.

Next step, replace white housing with blue...
Brett_S

Post by Brett_S »

Got me S3 4G last night - just need to find a 4G area :D
This is the way the world works, if you want want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the d**ks first - Eric Cartman
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

NeilPearson wrote:finally rooted mine. the previous version of root just would never work properly for me. never installed recovery so couldnt do anything. Worked today. Installed Liquid Smooth jellybean 4.1.2.

Liking it with the 5 mins i have played so far.

Next step, replace white housing with blue...
You must have a needle dick to root a phone!

:D